Youngbae's Training

I've Always Been More Than A Friend
Jiyong started pushing Youngbae towards Seonhwa. Daesung joined in.

"Go on. Ask her," insisted Jiyong.

"Uhm... Wait. I don't know," said Youngbae staying in his place.

"Hyung. Come on. This is easy," said Daesung.

"What if she says no?" said Youngbae pushing back at the two.

"Trust us. She'll say yes. She won't be able to say no in front of all of these people," said Jiyong very confidently.

"You're so confident in these things. Why don't you do it?" said Youngbae.

"This is your training, hyung," answered the younger with a smirk.

With one hard push from both Jiyong and Daesung, Youngbae almost stumbled behind Seonhwa. Luckily, she didn't notice anything as the two friends were looking at the counter for something to eat. Youngbae straightened himself and breathed deep before speaking.

"Uhm... Seonhwa?"

She looked around and there was Youngbae. She smiled and said, "Youngbae...oppa. Annyeong! Have you eaten yet? Or did those girls from before bothered you again?"

The people around started to whisper as they saw who Seonhwa was talking to.

"Uhm.. Aniyo. I already ate," he smiled. "Thanks for your concern and thanks... For remembering that incident," he continued.

"How could I even forget? I was just about to tell you my name when those girls showed up," said Seonhwa.

Minzy greeted Youngbae, too. "Hey, oppa! You two seem close already," she smiled.

"Yeah. Kinda," said Youngbae uneasily.

"Kinda. I guess, Seunghyun oppa already told you my name. It's nice to see you today oppa," smiled Seonhwa.

Youngbae liked Seonhwa's smile so much. It was much more beautiful than Dara's. But what was he thinking? He lost concentration. He looked back at Seunghyun and the others. Jiyong gestured him to go on. He looked back at the girls who were already holding their trays. He breathed deep.

"Let me take that," offered Youngbae taking Seonhwa's tray.

"Oh. Sure. Thank you," bowed Seonhwa.

"Aaw. You never did that to me," pouted Minji.

"Next time dongsaeng. I can't carry both," smiled Youngbae walking beside them.

They went to a free table and layed their trays on it. The girls sat down.

"Uhm... Seonhwa, can I ask you something?" said Youngbae sitting beside her. She just nodded looking at her. "Are you... Are you free on Thursday? After class?" he asked.

Seonhwa was surprised and looked at Minji. "Please... Say no," thought Youngbae.

Minji started giggling. "Are you asking Seonhwa out on a date, oppa?" she asked. Youngbae just looked at her and rolled his eyes.

"Aish. Why do girls always had to stick with each other all the time?" thought Youngbae.

Seonhwa looked at Youngbae and smiled. He felt his heart sink. "Yes, oppa. I'm free. We just have to do homework after. Nothing else. Wae?" she asked.

"Wait. Yes? You're free?" said Youngbae surprised not expecting to hear a yes from her. "Why should she be free?" thought Youngbae mentally slapping himself.

"Yes," she confirmed.

Youngbae packed all of his courage and breathed. He smiled and said, "Uhm... Want to.. Want to go out with...me? On a date?"

"Sure, oppa," answered Seonhwa quickly.

Youngbae was surprised but still managed to give Seonhwa his popular eyesmile. "Thank you," he said.

"I knew it. Don't worry. My friend here loves to go out, oppa," smiled Minji looking from Younbae to Seonhwa.

"Yeah... I...I think so, too," said Youngbae. "So... I'll see you at your locker tomorrow after class," he said standing up.

"Sure, oppa. I'll see you," Seonhwa answered and he walked away.

~ ~

"You are one good actor, Dong Youngbae!" said Jiyong patting his back.

"You did it. Congratulations!" clapped Daesung.

"Stop it. I'm already ashamed at what I did. Don't rub it in," said Youngbae lying flat on the couch.

They were at Seunghyun's house hanging around watching a movie. Seungri wasn't able to come though. He said he was doing some projects.

"Time will come and you'll be able to ask Dara noona out, too," said Seunghyun.

"Don't even tell her about this," said Youngbae sitting up and pointing at all of them.

"Come on, Dara noona wouldn't mind. I'd bet she'll even pat your head when she learns you finally asked someone out on a date," said Daesung laughing with Jiyong.

"Aish. Kill me now, please," said Youngbae plopping himself back on the couch.