Real identity of L is…?

Revenge or Love?

Hye Sook

I looked at Sung Yeol, who was trapped in the cage. He was still holding his gun. He didn’t seem to be giving up. He aimed the gun at me and release the trigger. I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact of the bullet. But I felt nothing. I opened my eyes and to my horror, Hoya was standing in front of me and the bullet had hit him. “Hoya!” I screamed and rush to his side. He looked at me with his sweet smile. “Hye sook, don’t cry. I’m okay.” He was just trying to reassure me. Blood was dripping from his back, where the bullet had hit him. Tears keep flowing down my face. Hoya reached up to brush my tears away. “I said I’ll wait for you. But I guess we are not meant to be.” And he closed his eyes. “Hoya! You can’t die!” I hugged him tightly. Chung Ae hugged me “He’s going to be alright.” We called the ambulance and I wanted to went in but they said I can’t. Please don’t let Hoya die. I prayed for Hoya. Sung Yeol released another bullet. This time he aimed it at Chung Ae. Chung Ae’s father, Mr Park came in front of her. “DAD!!!!!!!!!” Chung Ae shouted. “It’s alright; I have a bulletproof vest in here.” He showed her the vest. She give a sigh of relief.

Sung Yeol

I didn’t meant to shoot that guy…why did Hye Sook care so much for him? I can’t help feeling jealous over how she is so panicked when he got shot. The other bullet didn’t go where I want it to too. I prepared to release another bullet, but I had no bullets left. “Let me out!” I shouted furiously. Hye Sook walked over to me slowly, still crying. “Why did you shoot Hoya? WHY DID YOU SHOOT HOYA??!!” I felt the jealously all over again. “HE JUMPED IN FRONT OF YOU SUDDENLY!” Chung Ae pulled her further away from me. Chung Ae’s mother said softly to me “why did you want to kill the two of them?” My anger died away. I…I really wished my parents were still alive, and treat me like how Chung Ae’s parents treat her. I said everything. “My mentor L told me to do so. He bought me up after my parents died.” I said coldly. “who are your parents?” “Lee Sung Gyu and Kim Eun Na.” Chung Ae’s parents looked shocked. “L wanted you and Hye Sook’s parents to know the pain of losing someone you love.” I started crying, though I tried hard to hold it in. “DO YOU KNOW HOW PAINFUL IT WAS FOR ME? THEY SAID THEY WILL COME BACK, BUT THEY NEVER CAME BACK. I WAS ONLY SIX AT THAT TIME.” I shouted while crying. I didn’t noticed that the cage had went up and I’m free once again. I felt like I was enveloped in warmth, and I find Hye Sook hugging me. “It’s ok, I’m here for you.” “You forgive me for what I did to Hoya?” She my hair. “You have no choice. You have to repay L’s kindness to you.” She hugged me and I cried all the sorrow I had felt but not let out all these years. I never felt so much warmth and concern for me.

Chung Ae

“Game over, Sung Yeol” I aim my gun at him. “Move out of the way!” Hye Sook was protecting him. “Don’t kill him! He had his reasons!” “I have to do my job. I can’t let him off like that!I must bring him to the police station at least.” I said coldly to her. “Chung Ae, can’t you bring him to the police station tomorrow? Just one day. We need to see Hoya’s condition and let Sung Yeol settle everything.” I sighed exasperated “What if he ran away? I can’t take my chances!” Sung Yeol looked at me seriously. “I won’t run away. Just give me one day. Please.” I gave up. “Fine! One day it is! But I am going with you!” We set off in tense silence. “I need to see L.” Sung Yeol said to us. He walked into a dark room where someone with a mask is standing in the middle. “Stay here.” He whispered to us and walked towards the figure. The figure seemed familiar. A mask was covering his face. “I’m sorry L. I failed the mission. You can kill me.” WHAT? Kill him just because he failed a mission? I thought. L raised his gun. Hye Sook tried to shout and run towards L but I covered and stopped her. She kept struggling. L threw his gun on the floor and take off his mask. L is Myung Soo. I released Hye Sook in my shock. Hye Sook looked shocked too.

Myung Soo

I took off my mask and saw Sung Yeol’s surprised expression. “You are L?” he asked. “Yes I am. But my father is the real L. I took over him after he retired.” Sung Yeol still looked stunned. “I’m glad you didn’t kill them.” I smiled at him. “Because you would have killed Park Chung Ae. I love her.” Someone came out of the shadows. “Chung Ae?” I gasped in shock seeing the person walking towards me. “You lied to me!” she said and slapped me. I hugged her tightly to prevent her from running away. “Let me explain!” she struggled “Let me go!” I make her look at me and said. “Hit me all you want! I deserved it! Even if you won’t forgive me, I don’t want to see you hurt or angry.” Chung Ae folded her arms “Explain.” I glanced at her. She had calmed down. “It was my father’s orders…he gave me the order after I had met you.” Chung Ae look at me coldly “Where didn’t you tell me?” “If I told you, would you even be friends with me? I had my difficulties. He’s my father, the only kin I have.” She hit my chest lightly. “You pabo! How can I not forgive you?” We hugged again and stayed like that for a long time.