A stranger is out to kill me!?

Revenge or Love?

Hye Sook

It was a normal day for me. Going to work, helping my colleagues, rushing here and there, always busy doing something. It was tiring, but I enjoyed the job. It’s nice to see those brides and groom’s happy face as they took photo after photo. Being the last to leave the shop, I locked the shop and walked home alone. Better walk faster, mum and dad must be waiting for me. We had this tradition where we must always eat as a whole family. I don’t know why dad set up this rule but if we break it he will be very angry. I knew because I break it a few times before, eating out with friends instead of together with my family. Its not that I don’t like my family, in fact I love them! but this rule is kind of…irritating? As irritating as it is, I don’t want my dad to be angry.  It’s bad for his health. I was just walking along this road with a few cars when I felt someone following me. I started to quicken my steps and the person did the same thing. I was preparing to run when a hand covered my mouth and dragged me to the alley nearby. I was scared to death; the hand is strong so I knew it was a man. He released his hand and I turned to look at him. What I see was unexpected. I thought it was some crazy person or a drunk guy, but the guy standing in front of me looked…well normal. He looked more than normal actually. He is tall and handsome, totally does not fit in the category of crazy guy. And he looked alert, so definitely not a drunk guy. Maybe it’s the lights, but I can’t see his eyes clearly. He walked closer to me and I realised I was wrong. Very wrong. The look in his eyes is murderous and sends chills down my spine. “W-what d-do y-y-you want from me?” I was very afraid. He said nothing, just continue walking closer to me while I backed away. The light is shining at me and I can see very clearly now. Then something weird happened. He stopped in his tracks and stared at me. But what surprised me the most is. The murderous look is gone from his eyes.