I will not leave you

Revenge or Love?

Hye Sook

I went to the hospital to see Hoya, together with Sung Yeol. Sung Yeol didn’t went in to his ward room though. I entered quietly. The doctor was there, so I asked him about Hoya’s condition. “He is in a deep coma. It all depends on his will to survive. There is a 40% chance that he will wake up.” 40% chance…that’s nearly half. After the doctor left, I greeted Hoya’s parents. “Hello uncle, auntie, I’m Hoya’s friend, Hye Sook.” His mother looked up at me “Hye Sook? We had heard a lot about you from Hoya! I can finally meet you.” Hoya talks about me to his parents? “She really is beautiful and gentle, like Hoya says.” I looked down at the floor, unsure what to say. “Do you know what happened for Hoya to become like this?” his father asked me. “Hoya tried to save me from a bullet. He…he is in this condition because of me!” tears started coming out. Hoya’s mother hugged me tightly “It’s not your fault dear…We don’t blame you. Hoya loves you so much that he is willing to risk his life for you.” I couldn’t talk to Hoya’s parents anymore. “I’m sorry I got to go.” Before I closed the door I heard Hoya’s mother say “Please visit Hoya soon.” Sung Yeol looked at my face and gently steered me to the garden. “Hoya will survive. I know he will.” He tried to console me. “He…” I cried on his shoulder. He stiffened but pat my back slowly. After there was no more tears I stood up and said to him “Thank you for consoling me. It means a lot to me.” He just nodded and sent me back home.

Sung Yeol

It hurts my heart to see her crying. I’m glad I can do something to make her feel better. She still looks depressed. I hope she can pull through. For herself and those who care about her. Hoya must love her a lot, to even take the bullet for her. One day with her would be enough for me. I walked to the police station to turn myself in. Though I am not a murderer, but I had attempted to assassinate Chung Ae and Hye Sook. And Hoya is in this condition. I was put on bail in the police station until Hoya’s condition has been confirmed. I’m not being selfish, but I pray that Hoya will wake up soon. I don’t want Hye Sook to be sad anymore.

Hoya

I can hear my parents talking to me. I tried to reply and open my eyes, but my body can’t seem to listen to me. Then I heard someone came in. It’s Hye Sook! I wanted to open my eyes and see her face and hug her tight. But I cant. So I lay still and listened to her voice. She started crying then. No its not your fault! Hye Sook don’t cry you did not cause me to become like this! I wanted to say to her, but I’m still surrounded by darkness. After she had left I slipped out of consciousness. I opened my eyes to find myself in a very bright place. It was a very beautiful woods. Someone walked towards me. It was a lady in a white dress. “Hoya, don’t be scared. Follow me. I need to bring you somewhere.” Am I already dead? No! It can’t be! “Where are you bringing me?” I asked the lady while backing away from her slowly. “It’s your time to go. We are going to heaven.” Heaven? No! I can’t die! I ran away from her and find myself surrounded by darkness again. My body feels numb. I’m back in the hospital luckily. I tried one more time to open my eyes and move my body, starting with my fingers. Hye Sook was sleeping with her head on the hospital bed. I touched her face gently. She must be exhausted looking after me. I her hair. She looks so peaceful. Her eyes fluttered open. “Hoya?” She looked tired, with heavy eye bags and a pale face. She stood up when I tried to sit up. “Careful!” I bit back a shout at the pain in my back. “I’m going to call the doctor!” She rushed to find a doctor. I waited patiently for the doctor. Hye Sook, if you had known I nearly went to heaven, would you care for me more? I will not leave you, even if I’m forced to do so. I will stay by your side forever.