CHAPTER 40

LYCANTHROPE || KRIS WU

Yoora opened her eyes slowly. She just stared at the ceiling,and tried to recognize the place. She smelled medicine everywhere and that made her felt dizzy. So she closed her eyes back and tried to remember what is actually happen.

"She woke up.." Yoochun whispered to Youngji and she nodded before she called the doctor. He stared at her in worried, can she really bear the pain that she had?

"Don't leave me..." Yoora's eyes felt heavier and she held his hand. She closed her eyes and felt like he pulled his hands away and left her. "k..kri..kris.." She tried to open her eyes but failed. She moved her fingers in hoping someone which is Kris would hold her again. Neat and tight. Thats what she hoped but,

Her eyes were wide open. She remembered it. Yes,they went to the jungle and Kris fought and she saw Sandara stabbed Seunghyun before she stabbed herself and then..Kris. Kris kissed her before she unconscious. She touched her lips using her trembling hands as her eyes became teary.

"Kris!" She woke up and called his name. Her fast movement made the doctor who just came startled. She stared at the doctor and then to Yoochun,Youngji and then to her left arm. Nicely wrapped with a bandage. She breathed heavily and bit her lips. What is this..?

"You look fine eventhough you slept for two days.." The doctor fixed his glasses and wrote something at the file. He smiled. "If she's totally fine I'll let her discharge tomorrow." He talked to Yoochun and Yoochun bowed to him.

"..two days...?" She talked to herself before Yoochun grabbed her hands. She turned towards him with curious "how..? how is this happened?" She blinked her eyes as she cant adapt with that situation. She felt empty and lost. Something is not right.

Yoochun sighed. "You ran back to the jungle and I went back to the house. Youngji called me and said that she's on her way so basically I asked for her help. But I fainted after that and they searched you and brought you here. And like the doctor said,you slept for two days.."

"And??" She asked. She didn't care about that. She wants to know something else. Something that is not there.

"And? Ouh your arm,the doctor said it got bitten by a beast animal which I believed it is not..But surprisingly you took a pill right before you fainted so he said you're quite lucky." He smiled but she shook her head and kept tapping his hand.

"Kris-neun? (how about Kris?) Where is he?? Eli oppa? Nana eonni? They didn't call you??" She stared at his eyes and waited for the answer. She needs an answer that will relieve her. He looked down, Yoora knew it. Looking at his face, they are not there. They are not there...

"I don't know..."

Yoora landed at the headboard and cried. How can he left her after he defeated Seunghyun? Isnt this what he wanted? Where is he? Where are they? Where are the werewolves??? She made a fist and cried harder. They are not gone right..they are not..

"Yoora-yah.." Yoora looked up and Kai smiled. Ouh, she almost forgot about EXO. She just stared at him obviously with a begging glare. "Where are they?" She said in her mind while staring at him. Yoochun helped to wipe her tears away and greet EXO.

The other members entered the room and put a lot of food at the table. "We barely have free time so we just had this chance to meet you." Suho smiled and looked at her arm and head. Might seriously injured from what Yoochun told them through a phone call.

"You wanna eat? This is so tasty tho.." Baekhyun showed a fried chicken and raised his eyebrows. Yoora just stared at all the plastic bags and sighed. She slowly shook her head.

"I'm not hungry.."

"How can?You just woke up 2 days ago" Chanyeol squinted her eyes. She weakly chukled and nodded. This is not a good time to happily stuff her stomach with those food eventhough she felt grateful.

"The appetite is not coming yet.." She held her stomach and they nodded in silent. D.O suddenly walked and stood near her.

"Do you want to take a walk,take some fresh air at the outside? You can use the wheelchair" Yoora thought that was a good idea so she nodded. The rest stayed in the room and sighed. Yoora,Kai and DO walked along the hospital and she lost in her own world.

"You don't look that good.." Kai looked at her from behind since he was pushing the wheelchair. D.O nodded.

"Is it about Kris-hyung?" D.O asked directly and she just looked in front. Is it that obvious? He cleared his throat "We do want to find him but we don't even know what were you guys doing at that time..since your brother was at home right so basically you're the only human there" Kai stopped at the park and they sat in front of Yoora.

"They just fought..they just fought..." She looked down and shut her eyes tightly. To remember that things was so hard especially when she faced it with her own eyes. She was confused all of sudden. "Who found me? Youngji?" Kai nodded "And..?"

D.O spoke "Youngji's brother said that you were alone..nothing's happened there and theres no trace of something happened there.." Yoora shook her head. She saw everything and it made sense if they cant found Seunghyun because he became a- wait.. What if-

"Is he..gone..?" Yoora asked herself before she looked at both of them. It must be right.. "He's gone..." Her tears fell and she shut her eyes tightly. What did they do to deserve all this? She loves Kris and so does he. Why must death is the end of all this? Why must Kris left her just like that?

"No don't say that..you're not even sure.we are all not sure because we were not there. Probably they just tried to save themselves. You need to tell me what did you saw before you unconscious..?" Kai kneeled in front of her and held her hands. He cant bear to see a woman cried especially a woman that had a connection with him.

She looked away "nothing..just death of the bad ones..and the pain of the good ones..and the last..last..kiss.." She bit her lips and sighed. "He held my hands before he let it go..I closed my eyes exactly when he held my hands..I guess he's really gone.." She remembered how Seunghyun and Sandara died and became a dark dust. Yes thats the most make sense for her to say that Kris is really dead. He died the exact way of they died..so thats why no one can found him. Or them..

Kai looked at D.O and shook his head. He didnt wanted to pressure her about this. "Lets go back to your room." Kai pushed the wheelchair and D.O followed from behind.

"Yeayy noona's backkk. I put a new blanket for you noonaa" Yoohwan held his sister's hands and smiled. She forced a smile and walked towards her room. Feel like she left the house for years, eventhough it just less than a week. She opened the door and the hot pink blanket caught her attention. She chuckled and ruffled his hair lovingly.

"You know I hate pink Yoohwan-ah" She spoke softly and sat at the edge of the bed. She smelled her own scent in the room and smiled. Calm but empty.

"hehe Its too pretty and noona is pretty too" He her bangs and tucked her hair behind her ears. "Do not be sad again we still here for you" He kissed her cheek and left her alone. She tried to smile but she cant. The pain that she felt was too hurt for her to bear. She lied down and cried harder.

"I say I love you Kris..." She spoke in her cry. "I love you.." She felt wasteful to say those words to a person who at last left her with no sign of coming back. She's not regret but..she just wanted him to be with her. She stared at the poster of Kris before she wiped her tears and put down the posters. She cant bear to see his face. Yes Yoohwan was right. She cant be sad because other people are always with her now. She rolled the posters and kept it inside her closet. All posters that she had in the room were rolled up. She saw a blanket in that closet,the one she used to make a bed for Kris when he became a wolf. She stared at it.

She sighed and closed the closet harshly. "No Song Yoora. Wake Up. He's Gone." She looked at the mirror,fixed her hair and made a fist. "He's gone..yeah..he saved me.. and he's gone" She cried again and fell at the floor. "He saved me...and he died because of me..." Yoochun opened the door and sad to see her condition. But what can he do? No ones know where they are or are they dead or barely survived at the forest? Its still a mystery.

"Its time to forget everything.." Yoochun talked softly and Yoora stopped crying. She stared blankly at the balcony. Is it the end? The end of everything that she faced all this time? Just like that? You're so mean Kris. You're mean..

~    ~    ~    ~    ~

2017. Yup a year after the tragedy. The most pain tragedy in her life. She has another year before she graduated and now,shes still one of the top students along with Youngji and Kai. She tried to forget everything with the help of other people. Myths,folks,legends? No she kept it and never opened it since then. Werewolf or weretiger? Nope never heard anything about that. A mixture of silver and dittany? Guess it some kind of weird medicine.

Another fact that Seunghyun suddenly disappeared without any news for a year caught the attention of the people in the college. Thats what made Yoora had a hard time to forget that tragedy.

"I thought he stopped being a Professor but I heard another Prof said he just disappeared all of the sudden last year.." A new juniors started to gather around and talked about it. Well they thought they got a good looking Prof when they entered the college but unfortunately that jerk already died.

Yoora heard that and sighed in frustration. Why make a huge thing about his mystery life? If they know the truth, she dont think that they can even looked at that face. Kai patted her and smiled "He's not here anymore right? Dont let it affect you now.."

She nodded and walked away from the juniors. Of course she will not let it affect her life but, Kris's existence in her life just changed her whole life. The fact that Kris just gone or to be exact died, is just too much for her to accept. "Kris changed my life. I love him but he just risked his life to save me.." Kai stopped and she did the same. "And I lost the person that I love.. For the third time.." She held her tears. Lost her parents, lost her brother's parents, and now her lover?

Yoora knocked the door and Yoohwan opened it. "Noonaaa! Eo? Whats with these boxes?" Yoohwan gave a space for Yoora to walk in. She smiled and went straight to her room while Yoohwan followed from behind.

"I need to pack some things. My room is getting full now, wheres Yoochun oppa?" She took a breath and looked at her room. She really need to clean that mess.

"Hyung said he had a sudden meeting at his office, I should not disturb you Noona, you can call me at downstairs.." Yoohwan smiled showing his teeth before he closed the door. Yoora smiled and nooded,she forgot that her brother already got a good job. Then she opened the closet. She put all the things that she cant bear to see and keep forever. She tried to hold her tears as well while putting those things into the boxes. After a few hours, she texted someone.

-Is there any spot for three boxes in that place? 😂😂😝-
-hahaha of course its enough for thirty boxes if you're curious..come I'll wait-
-hehe okay I'll be there in an hour-

She went to a place with a boxes full of Kris's belongings. A place where her friend made it as a House of Memories. Its a house where people can put things that are belong to someone special for them but they cant bear to keep it in their own house. They are always welcomed to visit and replaced the boxes or take it back if they feel want to. A lot of people actually love that idea and supported it.

She's not forgetting her first love,but she needs to learn accepting the fact that he's just a memory.A weird memory. "Annyeonghaseyo..I want to put this things as a memory here for this person.." Yoora put the boxes at the counter and greet the person in charge.

Her friend came from behind and hugged her. She nooded before she took the boxes and went towards a room where theres still a few empty place. She put it at the very top of the rack and Yoora just stared at it. I'm sorry that I cant keep all your things. Its hurts to see and more hurts to face..

Yoora's friend filled a paper that she always did whenever people came and gave her the things. She looked at Yoora and smiled "So the name that you want to put is...?" She looked at the paper again and get ready to write the name that Yoora said. Yoora stared at the boxes before she took a breath. You're forever in my heart Kris. She looked at her friend and smiled. She found a good name for him.

"Lycanthrope"

-THE END-