CHAPTER 9

LYCANTHROPE || KRIS WU

"What danger are you talking about?" Yoora asked after she calmed down and drank a hot tea. She was less worried after Yoochun called and informed that Yoohwan was stable. She decided to discuss about what has happened.

"Did..you..possibly met someone?..I mean someone you never knew before?" Kris asked curiously and hoped that what he felt earlier was wrong. Yoora put the mug and took a breath before she remembered something.

"Kai.." She thought of Kai but theres no way Kai is a dangerous guy since Kris himself said that he protected all EXO members because of his enemy.. She nodded. "Well..kinda..why?"

Kris sighed. The instinct was never wrong,he looked at her in worried "I hope you distance yourself from that person..please its for your own good.." Yoora stared at him in disbelieve. How can she distance herself from Kai plus that she's responsible to make sure he graduate successfully.

"Wait..uh he kinda important in my life..like how can I? Plus he's nice and..uh and he-.." Yoora stood and tried to protect and defend herself. She knew that Kai is not a bad guy but the fact she had misunderstand everything,she forgot that she met two new people..another one is her new Prof.

~    ~    ~    ~    ~

"She's not coming today?" Kai asked Youngji as they sat at the table near the park. She received a message from Yoora saying that she need a proper rest before she starts her class.

"Yeah three days more or less. Its because of his brother,Yoohwan. He got into the hospital due to his umm I don't know its not an illness but he can't stand to extreme weather. Both hot and cold weather if you're curious." Youngji pouted and continued to write her notes.

Kai looked at her seriously before sighed and turned away. "Usually a person will suffer either hot or cold but I never knew that a person can suffer both." That day went too long for Kai since Yoora was not there. When the last class finished,he quickly packed his bag and started walking before Youngji stopped him.

"Wait..I'm going to visit Yoohwan,well do you want to come along?" Youngji checked her phone and theres still enough time to pay a visit at the hospital. He weakly shook his head.

"I wish to but I can't..well besides of I'm an idol,it is because my schedules is packed today..Just katalk (kakaotalk) me about his condition.I've to go see ya!" Kai ran while wearing his usual mask and sunglasses before he exit the college gate.

He pushed the practice room's door and threw his bag at the couch before he sat next to it and landed his head while closing his eyes. Then other EXO's members entered the room and Baekhyun sat beside him.

"Look at our Kai Machine..He's upset over something..neo hokshi..yeoja manna? (did you possibly met a girl?)" Baekhyun squinted his eyes and smirked. Sehun looked at him with his usual poker face and crossed his hands.

"That's the very main reason why I don't like college.You meet a girl but end up you cannot be with her. Because you know you are a freaking famous idol then why keep hoping for miracle?" Sehun the music and started practicing at the corner of the room.

Kai sighed and shut his eyes tightly. He was angry with Sehun but what can he do? Sehun was right and that's what he was thinking of. He's an idol and the 5 years contract is still legal so he can do nothing about that. Suho sat and patted his shoulder.

"Hyung..I like her. Eotteokhae? (what should I do?)" Suho sighed and shook his head slowly.

"She will get hurts Jongin-ah..Forget her." Kai grabbed his bag tighter and bit his lips.

"What about my hurt?"

~    ~    ~    ~    ~

She smelled something burning and woke up from her sleep. She opened the door and went downstairs to see that the floor was so bright with fire so she screamed as she was so scared. Yoochun,Mr. and Mrs. Song woke up from sleep and everyone was so panicked at that time.

"GO run through the door! Break it with something hard GO! Save your sister!" Mr.Song pushed Yoochun to just go and break the main door as the fire already came to the stairs and trapped them. Yoora hugged her brother tightly and they crashed their body to the door and managed to escape before the neighbours helped them.

While Mrs.Song ran towards Yoohwan's room and lifted her sleepy 2 years old son. She held her breath since the smoke was getting bigger and dangerous to inhale. She found a family picture near her so she quickly picked it and put it inside Yoohwan's cloth. She ran towards the stairs but since she can't saw the stairs she fell and hit the edge of a nearby table and fainted while Yoohwan was still in her hug but he was too near the fire that he nearly lost his breath.

"Jagiya!" Mr.Song tried to push the furniture aside to easier them to walk out but then he turned to see his wife and son in danger so he quickly took Yoohwan and threw him through the door and the neighbours helped to catch him. Yoora cried harder when she can saw clearly the stairs and their mom from the outside while their dad tried to go back deeper to help her.

"EOmmaaa..huhh uhh huhhNOOO Appaaa" Yoora kept screaming and Yoochun hugged her to calm her down. He can do nothing but to see clearly how their dad tried so hard to save their mom.

Suddenly without knowing how,a table at the upstairs broke and fell exactly at Mr.Song's back and he lost balance. He fell besides his wife who might not fainted anymore and whimpered in pain. He held her hands and shut his eyes,he let everything go now..

"Yoochun...will take care of his siblings..even..he's not ours jagiyaa"

Yoora closed in disbelieve and screamed loudly while tried to escape from the neighbours so she can ran to her parents and saved them. But theres no use anymore. "Aniyaaa ANIYAAA ANIRAGOOO Eommaaa Appaa KajiMAA (Nooo NOOO I SAID NO)" She was so shocked that she automatically fainted while Yoochun kneeled and cried so hard,he looked up again to see nothing but..

"Look! A dog pulled them out!!" One of the neighbors shouted and Yoochun looked between the smoke that a fluffy dog pulled their parents using his teeth through the door. The dog then turned to stare at him and then howled before he ran and lost just like that.

"Is that even possible?" The other neighbor asked each other and they shrugged their shoulders. They were rushed to the hospital but nothing helps,they are gone forever while Yoohwan was lucky since he's almost died. After the incident,he cannot stand to extreme weather.

A doctor gave a picture that he found in Yoohwan's cloth and gave it to Yoochun. He stared at the face of a man and a woman who smiled happily with their three children. He let his tears fell and he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. How can he lost people that he loves so much.

Yoochun woke up from his sleep and rubbed his eyes. He had a same dream again when he felt scared and worried. He sighed and drank some water before he looked at Yoohwan who still enjoyed his sleep eventhough hospital is not a fun place for him.

"Oppa.." Yoora woke up from her sleep as well. They slept together at the hospital to accompany Yoohwan and Kris was left at their aunt's house. "You dreamt about that..again-?" She cannot continued her words.

Yoochun forced a smile and nodded "Maybe I miss them or maybe because what happened to Yoohwan now. Tomorrow after he discharges,we'll go to their place.. Now go to sleep.." Yoora nodded and Yoochun took something out from his pocket. The picture of Mr and Mrs. Song smiled along with their three children. Correction, two children and one adopted child.

"Thanks for adopting me 17 years ago..I've got to feel how great a parents is.."

--------------------