CHAPTER 23

LYCANTHROPE || KRIS WU

Yoora walked happily after she left the SM building. She guessed that everything will be okay between both Kai and Krystal. She checked her phone to make sure that she went to the right place that Kris wanted her to go. She nodded and looked in front,

"This..is.." she looked around. Yes she was so sure about this "but.."

"Yes this is your old neighborhood." Kris clasped their hands together and she looked lost. Kris smiled and kissed her forehead "I want to help you remember everything..about your family,about me,about how we met before.."

Yoora smiled back,not too wide but a simple smile "I miss this place.. eventhough I don't remember most of the things happened here,but I'm sure there's a lot of memories buried in this place." She held her tears as they arrived at her old house. The house was badly damaged and they can barely see some walls at the first and second floor of the house. She slowly touched the gate and cried so hard. The images of her parents and the times when the fire happened came across her mind.

"Its okay.." Kris hugged her and she forced herself to nod. After a few moment she calmed down and laughed.

"Its must be funny for you to watch me crying and wetting your jacket" She sniffed and wiped her tears. Kris chuckled and fixed her bangs.

"Well kinda, I think this is one of the funny moments in my li-  auch!" Kris's words stopped when she hit him at the stomach and pouted. Kris smiled and they continued to walk along the street. The neighborhood sounds peaceful and quite, somehow they felt like they are the only one who were breathing.

"Ouh? I remember this playground!" She looked so excited and took a glance towards Kris before she ran to the playground and sat at a swing. Kris stood in front of her and showed another side of the playground. She looked at it before turned back to look at him.

"That's where we met..17 years ago." Yoora stopped swinging and looked back at the place that he showed. 17 years ago? How can he even remembered that?

She pulled Kris and they sat at a bench. "Tell me everything..what did I do at that time?" She's so curious and stared at him to wait for his explanations. Kris took a breath and started.

"Aigooo uri yeppuge ttal Song Yoora~ (oh my, our beautiful daughter,song yoora) you stay here for a while okay, I'm going to take your jacket at the upstairs and then we can go for a walk~" Mrs.Song put 3 years old Yoora at the couch before she ran to the upstairs to take the jacket.

"Jagiya I'm going first,I'll call you in 10 minutes!" Mr.Song screamed from the kitchen to inform his wife that he's going to meet his long lost friend at the nearest shop. He put his jacket on and waved at Yoora before he quickly went out, without closing the door.

Yoora was so angry that her father left her so with her not so perfect walking, she walked towards the door and tried to follow him. Since she was too slow in walking, Mr.Song lost from her sight. Instead of crying like any other children, she kept walking around the neighborhood in hope she can found either her father or mother, since she didnt know the way back home. Surprisingly theres nobody at the outside,maybe because of the winter people prefer to sit and drink hot drinks.

"Jagiya,where do- ouh? He's gone already?" Mrs.Song held the jacket and looked at the couch, Yoora was not there. She searched around the house and guessed that her husband took Yoora with him so she called to confirm it. "Jagiya, did you bring Yoora along with you? She's not wearin-.." Mrs. Song lost in words.

"I just waved at her. She's sitting at the couch right? Sesang-e (what in the world) where did she go Mirae-yah? Wait Im coming now" Mr.Song ended the call and Mrs.Song fell at the floor, she started to think if Yoora was being kidnapped and any other bad things. She wanted to walk but she felt so hopeless and cried.

Yoora sat at the side of the street and held her legs, she felt tired and cramp "A-pa.(it hurts).. appa eodijji...(where's daddy..)" She tried so hard to stand and continued to walk. After arrived at the end of the street she realized someone was looking at her. She turned and their eyes met. Its Yoochun who was running and looking for someone to raise him up.

She looked at the in front and saw a playground where there's no one played there since it's the most far playground and not safe for parents to let their children play there. She was so delighted and ran towards it. Yoochun,without realize, followed her from afar and with his heavy bag he tried to catch up with her.

"I saw everything. From you left the house, and then Yoochun was looking for a good family, and until at this playground where we met." Kris told her everything and she was amazed of it. He really helped her tor recall all the memories back. It looks like she can see it in front of her eyes what he had told her earlier.

"And what happened next?" Yoora kept asking.

Before Yoora sat at the swing, she saw something hiding behind the bush. Looks like a shadow and it was dark but she bravely walked towards it. "Appa? (daddy?)" No answer but she still move forward and this time she just went into the bush.

"NO!" Yoochun threw his bag at the ground and ran towards the bush. Since he was a bit coward, he felt hesitated and scared when Yoora doesn't even screamed but she laughed and giggled a lot.

Yoora saw a dog. A big dog which was bigger than her. Looks like a big teddy bear she laughed and hugged it. She's good in patting its head and snuggled her head into its fur. Yoora held its head and looked straight at the eyes. She saw a red eyes before it changed into blue and then any other colours. Yoochun gasped when he saw it too and thought that its not a dog but some kind of evil spirit.

"Johahae..(I like you)" She laughed again and the dog remains still. Yoochun cant take it anymore so he pulled her away from the dog.

"Little girl, are you lost? Come on, oppa will help you." They walk hand in hand but Yoora still turned her head to look at the dog. She heard something and she nodded while smiling.

I like you too Song Yoora

"Where do you live little girl? Its dangerous,its getting dark..the dog is a bad dog don't come near it anymore ok?" Yoochun held her hands tightly and he was scared as hell. A 7 years old boy walked with 3 years old girl without any direction what can you expect? They walked until they heard noise not so far from them. Yoochun ran and Yoora tried her best to catch up with him until he saw a bunch of neighbours discussing at a hut.

"Please find my Yoora..." Mrs.Song was so weak and landed at her husband's chest until..

"Eomma!..Appa!" Yoora shouted towards them and Mrs.Song turned,gasped before she ran to hug her. Yoochun distanced himself at the corner and watched the scene. Somehow he felt jealous with Yoora.

"Where are you going Yoora-yahh. Im so worried about you. Im sorry this is eomma's fault. Aigoo hanenim kamsahamnida (thank you God)." She fixed Yoora's hair and continued to hug her.

Mr.Song noticed Yoochun just stood there quietly so he hugged Yoochun as well to say thank you. "Thank you boy..you're so brave. What is your name?" He realized that Yoochun brought a big bag and didn't wear any jacket althought its winter.

"Yoochun..." Mr.Song nodded and asked him where did he lives.. "I don't have parents.." Yoochun held his tears and all the people there were shocked. Mrs.Song suggested to adopt him and he agreed so they went back home together with a new family member.

"And you just left after that?" Yoora wiped her tears and Kris shook his head.

"Since then I know that you're my responsibility because we're connecting to each other ever since you were a little girl so I watched you every single day in front of your house." Kris inhaled deeply "And Yoochun noticed that so that's why he hates animal, probably because I looked dangerous or maybe he hates me since he thought that I'm some kind of 'evil spirit'."

They laughed together before Kris turned to look at Yoora.

"I tried to save your parents from fire too..but it failed"

--------------------