43

You Are My Teacher !

The Farewell 

 

Its 10.25 and sound of people chatting happily and joking around filled the room. Myungsoo is still waiting for Yejin patiently by the pool. 'Is she coming?' He sighed heavily at the thought of Yejin might not be coming to the party. 'But it would be my last time meeting her'

"Myungsoo, you okay?" Soyeon asked while patting his back softly. Myungsoo turned around and forced a smile to not make Soyeon worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine Noona." It's clear that Soyeon is not buying it but she shrugged it off. "What are you doing out here? Let's go inside." Soyeond said and grabbed Myungsoo's hand. Myungsoo just let himself being dragged by Soyeon.

 

"Myungsoo-sunbae! I hope you'll do well in Japan. Don't forget to visit us sometimes." Kyungsoo, one of Myungsoo's junior said with a heartwarming smiled. Myungsoo couldn't help but to smile bavk and ruffled the kid's hair.

"Aigoo, don't worry. I'll visit you guys whenever I have the time okay? Do your best and don't be naughty, kiddo!" He said and laughed. Then everyone else started to wish Myungsoo Good Luck and to not forget them. Myungsoo just smiled at them.

He looked at the time and turned around if he could spot Yejin but to no avail. He let out a heavy sigh "Well maybe she's not coming after all..."

Suddenly he felt a tap on his shoulder but before he could turn around, the person whispered in his ear, "You looking for me?"

He turned around to see Yejin in a pretty white dress with her hair softly curled. She looked amazing! He can't contain his happiness thus he pulled Yejin in a tight hug. "You came!"

Yejin laughed lightly. "Of course I will. How can I not come when it's my best friend who is going to move?!" Suddenly they heard someone cleared his throat and Myungsoo quickly let go of Yejin. He chuckled awkwardly and grinned at Hoya who was looking at them intensely.

"Hi Hyung? Thanks for coming!" Myungsoo said with a bright smile. Hoya just nod and stood beside Yejin while wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Sure thing. Not that I have a choice of not coming anyways" Yejin smacked Hoya's arms and glared at him. "Why are you still picking on him. He's moving and you still won't treat him nicely?" Hoya just rolled his eyes.

Yejin turned and gave Myungsoo a sweet smile. "Sorry we're late Myungsoo-ah" Myungsoo just shook his head and said it was okay.

 

 

"Everyone, can I please have your attention please?" Soyeon announced. "Since, Myungsoo is leaving soon. We should listen a few words from him for the last time. So, Myungsoo would you please come here?" Soyeon gestured him to the front and everyone cheered for him.

He smiled and took a deep breath before he starts. "Okay, first I would like to thanks everyone for coming. I'm really grateful that I could spend my last moments with you guys. Uh.. what else to say? You see.. I'm not that good with words. So yeah, before I leave I would like to apologize. I know, I might not be the best dongsaeng, the best hyung, the best oppa, the best student. But I promise, once I come back again, I'll be a better person."

Myungsoo looked around and his eyes landed to the couple in front of him. "Yejin ah, thanks for being my best friend! Despite all the troubles gave you, but you still came. I've said enough that day right? I love you, my best friend. Oh and Hoya-sam! Thanks, you're the best Hyung.. I mean teacher ever. Sorry for the troubles and I'll remember you forever as my favourite teacher. Hehehe... I hope the best for you and your love one." He said and winked to him which Hoya just rolled his eyes in return.

"Not to forget, Soyeon-sam! You know I love you right? Thanks for always being there for me. I hope you'll wait for me till I come back. Don't forget to pick me up at the airport!" Myungsoo said and laughed.

"Lee Sungyeol, sorry for being a stubborn kid. Thanks for always looking out for me. You're my man! Love you bro!" Myungsoo and Sungyeol gave him a hug. Suddenly a girl stood up, and everyone stared at her. It was Minyoung.

"Yah Kim Myungsoo! Aren't you going to say something to me? I'm your friend too." She pouted. Myungsoo chuckled at her cute action.

"This pabo... Fine! To our cute princess Minyoung, please pay more attention in the class. Please stop bothering other people, arasseo? I would like to see you graduate Minyoung ah! All the best with your Mr. Hamster!" Everyone laughed.

"Oh, I've prepared a song. Sungyeol-ah, can you please pass me my guitar?" Sungyeol passed him his guitar and he started;

I love you. I’m sorry
But i can’t do this anymore
I don’t even have the right to get close to you
Don’t love me
I don’t have the ease of being able to give you my heart
I live every day beyond my strength
Each day is too much so i cry

Oh, i.. I don’t have anything i can give you
(but i’m) missing you
I can’t even give you loving words
But i’m missing you
I can’t even boldly wish for you to be mine
But i’m missing you
So i push you away
Because i’m a guy who has nothing but his own heart

Soyeon smiled bitterly. He hasn't gotten over Yejin yet... Aishh.. why should I feel sad? He's my student!

I’m holding back, even though it hurts
Even tears are a luxury for me
I don’t even have the right to look at you
Don’t look at me

I know that my heart is wherever you are
Close enough our breaths can touch
Always in that same place

Oh, i… i don’t have anything i can give you
(but i’m) missing you
I can’t even give you loving words
But i’m missing you
I can’t even boldly wish for you to be mine
But i’m missing you
So i push you away

More than anyone else in this world
I love you, so i hold back

Myungsoo sang with all of his heart. 'This would be the last time I would cry for you. I'll finally let you go, Park Yejin.'

Oh i… i can’t hold your hand
But i’m missing you
I’m worried i might just have my tears to hold
So i’m missing you
I can’t tell you to stay with me
But i’m missing you
So it’s too much, but in the end
It’s because i’m a man who has nothing but his own heart

The crowd applaud loudly after he ended the song. He wiped away the tears that almost fell from his eyes. He gave a small smile to Soyeon who was standing near him but felt his heart breaking when she ignored him. He tried to call up for her, but she pretended to not hear him and walked away. Myungsoo chased her and grabbed a hold of her hand.
 
"Let me go!" Soyeon said harshly. It was a surprise for Myungsoo to see Soyeon acting like this. She was always the one who spoke softly and nicely.
 
"Noona, why are you being like this? Did I do something wrong?" Myungsoo asked, his voice laced with worries. 
 
"You... you still aren't over Yejin yet? You... still love her don't you?" Soyeon asked, her tears dropped from her eyes. Myungsoo was taken aback by her question. Do I still love Yejin?

"Aishh.. forgive me for being so emotional. We should be happy right now. I'm sorry Myungsoo ah!" Soyeon forced herself to say it cheerfully. She turned around but was stopped by Myungsoo,

"Help me, Noona." Soyeon looked at him confusedly. "What do you mean?" she asked.

"Help me to forget her. I really want to forget her, but would you help me? Would you stay by my side? Would you wait for me?" Myungsoo asked seriously. Soyeon chuckled. "Yah, what are you saying? I'm your teacher... why would you need help from me. Of all those pretty young girls, why me? Think of the .." her words were cut off when Myungsoo placed a finger on her lips.

"I don't care about the ... All I know is I should follow what my heart says this time.." He said and leaned closer to place a kiss on her lips. Soyeon eyes widened when he felt a pair of soft lips on hers. 

"No... I need time to think Myungsoo, I-I'm sorry." Soyeon said and walked away.

 

---

With a smile, he waved goodbye to his house and pulled his luggage to place it inside the taxi. Despite the event last night, Soyeon was going to accompany him to the airport. 'Goodbye Seoul'

As soon as he reached the airport, he went to meet Soyeon in a coffee shop they promised to meet. Before meeting her, Myungsoo bought a small teddy bear for her with a heart on it that says 'Remember Me!'

"I ordered your caramel macchiato for you." Soyeon said with a smile. "Thanks Noona." Myungsoo replied and took a sip of his drink.

"At what time do you need to check in?" Soyeon asked.

"1.25. Well we still have 20 minutes left." Myungsoo replied and Soyeon nodded. They stayed in silence for a few minutes, both minds were occupied.

"Well Noona, we should get going." Myungsoo said with a heavy heart. Soyeon just nodded and got up from her seat. They walked in silence with Myungsoo hesitating if he should hold her hand but decided not to do so.

"I guess it's goodbye?" Soyeon said sadly. She forced a smile on her face, but she wasn't that strong. A tear rolled down her cheek.

Myungsoo chuckled and wiped it. He then cupped her cheeks as more tears fell from her eyes. "Noona, why are you crying? It's not like I'm leaving forever... I'll come back before you know it." Soyeon started sobbing lightly.

Myungsoo hugged her and patted her hair softly. "Don't cry. It will ruin your pretty face. And it breaks my heart to see you cry." Those wor just made Soyeon cried even louder. Myungsoo pulled away and wiped her tears. 

"Stop! Don't let even a single tear fell now. Or else I won't come back again." Myungsoo threatened playfully. At least Soyeon has stopped crying.

"You'll send email often, won't you? And we could always talk on Skype, right?" Soyeon asked with hopeful eyes.

Myungsoo smiled at her. "Of courseee! I'll contact you often so you won't forget me." 

"Oh and Noona... will you wait for me till I come back again? I promise you, I'll come back as a better guy. I might be a kid to you right now, but I'll come back as a more matured man for you. I'll come back as a real man. So, will you wait for me?" Myungsoo asked. 

Instead of replying him, Soyeon placed her lips on his. Myungsoo was startled but kissed her back.

"I'll wait for you." 

 

 

---

Sorry for the crappy update. You see, I'm pretty busy with schools. With my finals coming soon.... I'M REALLY SORRY! I'm really grateful for you readers who didn't unsubscribe. JEONGMAL KAMSAHAMNIDA! To the new subscribers, Thank you so much. Hope I didn't disappoint you with this update. Much loves!