09 | homeless

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song : Breathe Me | Sia

 

Chelsea POV

I woke up to the plain white ceiling atop me and the weird salty sensation returning inside my mouth. My eyes wondered the room and lay on the figure sitting on the chair beside the bedside.

"Huh?!" I squealed, sitting up in the bed and pulling the sheets up so high my toes were showing at the other end. Jimin, on the other hand, looked like he almost dropped the tray he was holding as he stared back at me, in shock, wide eyes and slowly leaning in the opposite direction. "What are you doing in my house?" I basically yelled and he lifted an eyebrow.

"Your house?" he scratched the back of his neck, looking to the floor, "I did not help you to be welcomed with that," he murmured.

My hand s over the bed to the nightstand to grab my phone but-

It wasn't there.

I turned my head to meet a different nightstand than the one I was used to, it was darker wood and smaller than the one I have at... home.

"Where am I?"

"Now you notice," he whispered, standing up and placing a tray on the nightstand. "I'm going to head to work, you should take these pills to boost up your iron levels and if you're feeling up to it come over. Remember to lock the door before you leave," he said and put his cuff links on as if me staying in his house wasn't weird.

"You're-" I started and he turned around, "trusting me to stay in your h-house?"

"Yeah," he said simply and with that, he exited the room, leaving me to stare wide-eyed at the closed doors.

Is it normal for him to have a girl stay at his home when he wasn't there? Is that why this wasn't a big deal for him? Because it was a hell of a big deal to me right now.

I closed my eyes and the events of last night came in flashbacks.

Idiot.

Chelsea you idiot.

Now you just seem like a desperate girl to him.

I looked around, seeing damp cloths next to the bed and some bowls filled with now cold water.

Did he... do that for me when I was sleeping?

Standing up, I winced at the strong headache that pained me. Clutching my forehead, I walked around in search for my phone but before I could leave, my eyes rested on the tray beside the bed.

You should take these pills to boost up your iron levels

I sighed and limped to the table to down the tablets with the water next to it.

They better help.

Looking around, I resumed my search for my phone. It led me to the pristine white bench of his kitchen and there it lay, with it, a small folded up piece of paper.

I slowly unfolded the paper to meet some small – but neat – handwriting which read;

Only come to the office if you're well enough, don't push yourself.

Remember to lock the door on your way out

-J

P.S. Don't worry, I have nightmares too

My eyes widened at that last line. Nightmare? Did that mean I had a nightmare at his home?

I brought my hand to my forehead, but stopped when I felt the dampness of my cheeks. Both hands shot up to my cheeks and I rushed to the bathroom to see a sulking Chelsea, eyes bright read and puffy and cheeks polished with tears.

I was crying in my sleep?

In front of him?

I felt my knees buckle and I sunk to the cold floor in embarrassment.

How could you let yourself do that in front of your boss?

As if showing up at his doorstep in the middle of the night wasn't enough.

I felt tear knocking at the border of my eyelids to pass through but the loud ringing tone of my phone burst, making me jump and my tears retreat.

"Hello?" I answered without checking the caller ID.

"Chelsea?" the familiar hoarse voice on the other end said.

"Oppa? Oppa! I can't even tell you how happy I am to hear your vo-"

"Hey, Chelsea, I can't talk for long, I just need you to know that you need to be packed and out of that house by... tomorrow afternoon."

I almost dropped the phone.

"Chelsea?"

After a long silence, I gulped and answered, "What?"

"Sorry, but I had to sell it because I needed some money over here."

"B-" I felt the tears from earlier rush back, "But where am I going to stay then?"

"C'mon Chelsea, you weren't expecting me to provide everything for you forever, right?"

"N-No, I wasn't," my eyes fell to the icy bathroom floor, watching as the tears pooled in front of my feet.

"Good. Change the pin code to 0000 before you move out, I need to go now."

"B-" before I even had the chance to say bye, he had hung up.

What am I going to do know? I just got a job and haven't even been given my first paycheck, how was I going to rent out a home to live in?

I dried my eyes and looked to the home screen of my phone for the time.

It was the middle of the day, Jimin wouldn't deduct my pay if I didn't go to work today, right? He wasn't that mean... right?

I sighed at the realisation that I didn't actually know what he would or wouldn't do, so I strode to my house, locking Jimin's door as he had told me to – twice – and changed into some work clothes.

I arrived at the building not long after and took my place at the secretary's office and started going through the appraisals he had asked me to proof read.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter