20 | numb

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Lost | BTS

 

Narrator POV

"I was just leaving," Chelsea said and turned around to walk away, not looking at him as she studied the ground instead.

The first thing she needed to do was get her stuff, so she headed straight to Jimin's apartment.

But where was she going to go now?

When she entered the house, she sighed, breathing in its usual atmosphere and walked past the bench, putting her bag on it, but something unusual caught her eye.

Another note?

Stay here, don't bother finding a new place, I'll leave this place for you

-J

And underneath that, there was something else that had been crossed out. She squinted as she peered closer.

P.S. I'm s-

Slapping the note onto the bench, she fell to her knees. On this cold, tiled, apartment floor, she didn't really care about the pain, or maybe she just didn't even feel it.

Maybe it was all numb to her.

It sure felt like it.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Chelsea POV

The next day when I went to work, the receptionist told me that Jimin had gone on a business trip and won't be back for a while. That just reminded me of what I heard him say yesterday and could only doubt that this 'trip' was 'business'.

Well if he was going to marry her anyway, why did he lead me on?

Why did he have to make me love him?

I didn't really know what to do so I just sorted out paper work and proof read all the documents that we were going to send out to suppliers before leaving work almost at 10.

I didn't visit Jungkook at his bar today, didn't really feel like it, and I just went straight home.

I mean, straight to Jimin's house.

Not mine.

Because I don't have a house. I'm homeless.

The first thing I did was change into a pair of shorts, the first ones I could see and I shamelessly walked into Jimin's room, grabbing my favourite hoodie and pulled it over my head.

Tears sprung at my eyes as I basket in the scent.

The familiar smell that I loved so much overwhelmed me.

The strange mix of black coffee and the aroma of the ocean that would always put me at ease. Because it was the unique smell of Park Jimin. And it reminded me that I was safe.

Jumping into his bed, I pulled the covers over my bed, hoping to contain every bit of the fragrance, only because I never knew when I was going to see him again.

"Chelsea!" my mother boomed through the phone and it woke me right up.

"Hey mom."

"Are you sick? You sound sick?"

"No mom," I lied, reaching over to grab another tissue, "Just tired."

"Good. We need you tonight."

'What?"

"Can you drive over to us in Busan because we are having a family dinner and we told everyone that you were coming..."

"Mom!"

"Sorry! It was just all in the moment and I completely forgot that you lived 200 miles away, I kinda just-"

"I don't know mom, I'll ask for a day off, okay? I can't promise anything."

"Thank you baby, call me when you find out, okay?"

"Okay."

When she hung up, I sighed and flopped onto the bed, looking up at the ceiling.

Why today of all days?

I decided to call in and ask, they let me have two days off. I guess they really didn't need me staying in because my own boss wasn't even coming.

"So?"

"I'll be there soon, okay? Send me the address, but I have to stay at Colours Hotel."

"What? Why can't you stay with us?"

"I have a little job to do at the hotel," I said, truthfully; they asked me to take care of a few things while I'm there.

"All you do is work, work, work."

"Okay, I have to leave now if I'm gonna get anywhere, talk to you soon mom! Send me the address."

Jungkook said that I could borrow his car and that Lucy could take him home tonight.

"I'm glad you two are still going strong."

"Me too," he said and I nodded, trying not to remark on the status of my own relationship.

"Please be careful with Tom," Jungkook told me as he held the keys above my hand, "He's very precious."

"Tom? He has a name?" I rolled my eyes, "Give me a break."

I snatched the keys from his hand and bowed, "Thank you Mr Jeon, I'll see you in two days!"

Maybe getting away for a bit was going to be a good thing. I could clear my head, and decided on what I'm gonna do now.

Suddenly the idea of moving to Busan popped into my head.

And, honestly, that idea seemed so appealing.

I'd have a home in my parent's house.

I'd have a job at my parent's restaurant.

I wouldn't lose anything.

I got to Busan pretty quickly, only quickly because I was blasting heartbreak songs at top volume and screaming the lyrics at the top of my lungs.

Ripping the car through the country side was healing, it was helping.

"Chelsea, darling, you look tired," was the first thing my mom said once I got out of Jungkook's car.

"Yeah," I breathed, "I was driving for a million hours and finally here I am."

"Have you dropped your stuff off at the hotel?"

"No, I'll do it after," I told them and they nodded, ushering me inside to meet my family, whom I hadn't seen in ages, my family who thought I was the one who tried to kill my parents.

The night was slow, I was getting evil stares from all of my aunties, until fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter