I do

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i   d o

 

Narrator POV

Chelsea had an emergency 4 day conference the week before their wedding and really did not want to attend. But being the CEO of C&C, she really had no other option.

Jimin and all their other friends went back to her family's house in Busan because that's where they had decided the wedding was going to be held, but Chelsea had to stay in Seoul. Everyone was ready, and everyone was excited for this wedding. It was the talk of the whole city, considering Jimin was a superstar in the Economy sector of Korea, and Chelsea was starting to become a fashion icon as well. Lucy and Chelsea's cousins were to be their bridesmaids, Taehyung, Hoseok and Jungkook was going to be the best men while Yoongi was the MC. Their local Parish Priest was to celebrate the wedding, everything was set.

Chelsea's flight in to Busan only landed a half hour before the wedding was to start meaning that she had to get ready - her makeup and dress sorted - before the flight.

The days leading up to the wedding, Jimin and Taehyung made sure to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner for Chelsea's family because they were all stressing out over the wedding. Jimin knew that it wasn't right for him not to be as nervous as they were about the whole thing but he couldn't feel anything but excitement.

Chelsea's going to be my wife in 5 days...

In 4 days...

3 days...

2

1...

The night before, the 95 duo prepared a proper 5 course meal for the family, using one of Chelsea's mother's own recipes. And as they sat at their dining table, and Jimin looked around at the faces sitting there, that's when it kicked in. Beads of sweat lined his jaw and as he reached for it with his hand to wipe it, he saw it trembling.

These people will soon be family.

My family.

He felt his heart in his throat, beating a mile a minute and his stomach turning so much he thought it had formed a knot.

Tomorrow was the day.

The day he would finally say I do.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

"Chelsea's going to be here in ten minutes, get ready," Lucy whispered in Taehyung's ear before rushing out the door. He walked around the corner to see Jimin pacing up and down the waiting room, going over his vows.

"Hey man," he walked over, rubbing Jimin's back.

"Hey," he replied in between exhales.

"You alright? I don't remember you being this nervous yesterday."

"Well I am getting married in a few hours."

Taehyung laughed, "Make that a few minutes, c'mon buddy."

"Already?" Jimin's eyes bulged out of his skull and he let Taehyung drag him to the hall.

"You ready?" Taehyung asked, smirking because he already knew the answer.

"Tae, wait," he pulled back and held his hand over his heart, taking deep breaths. "I can't do this, Tae this is too much."

"Jimin," Taehyung breathed, grabbing both of Jimin's hands and walking towards him, "Jimin think about how happy you're going to be in a few hours, think about how happy you'll be when Father announces that you two are husband and wife. Think about how happy you'll be marrying the love of your life, Jimin you're going to be living the dream," he squeezed his hands, "Follow me, deep breath in," he inhaled and Jimin followed, "breathe out," Taehyung exhaled and Jimin did the same. "Again, in, out."

The two of them stood there, holding hands like a high school couple and focused on their breathing.

"You guys have to be up there," the wedding planner creeped up behind Taehyung and whispered, interrupting the moment and making Jimin open his eyes wide.

"Shh," Taehyung hissed at her, "The wedding cannot go on without the groom, he's under a bit too much pressure, we'll be out once I'm certain he's okay."

She gave him an understanding nod, "Okay, see you soon."

Taehyung turned back to Jimin who was now breathing much faster than he was before.

"Dude, you're going to be alright, just imagine you're walking into a... an orphanage opening, except you're walking into the first day of the rest of your life. I'm so happy for you," at that, Jimin slowly raised his head to level with Taehyung and rolled his eyes.

"If you cry how the hell am I meant to stay strong?"

He chuckled, "I can't help it."

"I always imagined Namjoon hyung and Seokjin hyung to be my best men too," Jimin sighed, "I really wish they were here."

"Yah!" Taehyung wiped his eye and punched his arm, "It's a happy day why you gotta bring the hype down," he spun Jimin around and kicked his . "Let's go and get you married."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Jimin stood at the altar, eyes closed as he recited his vows over and over in his head. But he was interrupted when the music started playing and he opened his eyes to see the congregation standing up. He stayed motionless, his gaze at the entrance however couldn't see anything because the front row of people were too tall for him.

But when he saw the white sequined fabric make its way through the crowd, he became gobsmacked. It was the first time he was seeing the dress that Chelsea had chosen and he approved; it was gorgeous. The rough white fabric dotted with shining silver sequins which flowed out from her waist and the gentle laced top, stopping just at her neck. The minute Chelsea had stepped out from the crowd and Jimin could finally see her, he felt his heart start beating rapidly once again.

She was just so beautiful.

Jimin's trembling hand instinctively flew to his cheeks when he realised the liquid running down them was not sweat. He didn't even know what he was feeling, just seeing the love of his life standing there, shining brighter than all the stars in the heavens combined, made him feel some kind of way.

She caught his eyes and the smile she gave her made him swoon over her once again. She took a few steps before she finally reached Jimin and she grabbed his hands as soon as her father kissed her cheek and walked off.

"Hey baby," she whispered, squeezing his hands.

"Y-You l-look," he was stuttering and felt all the nerves rush into him once again. "So beautiful."

She grinned, "Do I?"

"I can't believe I got this lucky," he breathed softly.

"Don't say that, it makes me want to kiss you," she asked and he chuckled.

"How was your flight?"

"Tiring, I could only get through it thinking about this right here," she held his hands tightly.

"Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Park Jimin and Park Chelsea in marriage. Through their time together, they have come to realize that their personal dreams, hopes, and goals are more attainable and more meaningful through the combined effort and mutual support provided in love, commitment, and family; and so they have decided to live together as husband and wife." The father started and after that neither Jimin nor Chelsea could hear what he was saying, they were lost in each other's eyes and nothing else mattered to them.

"Park Jimin, do you take Park Chelsea, whose hands you hold, choosing Chelsea alone to be your wedded wife. Do you promise to live with Chelsea in the state of true matrimony, meaning will you love and comfort Chelsea, through good times and bad, in sickness and in health, honour Chelsea at all times, and be faithful to her?"

Jimin tilted his head, smiling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter