14 | mistake

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song : Stigma | Kim Taehyung

 

Narrator POV

When Jimin pulled back, Chelsea couldn't help but stare at him, wide eyed.

"I-I'm-" but the loud ringing sound coming from Jimin's pocket interrupted her.

"Hello?" he jumped up, taking his phone out.

"What?" he looked at his phone, "Okay, send the boat over, we'll be right there."

The awkward tensions between them broke, just like that.

"We have to go," Jimin said, couching down and taking the towel off his shoulders, wiping her hair down and slowly unravelling the blankets around her.

"Go where?" she asked, in a daze, as she let him do what he was doing.

"Back to Colours, they need us."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Chelsea and Jimin rushed straight out of the lodge and headed straight to the wharf, where someone was waiting for them with a boat.

The boat ride back to the mainland took them half as long as it did to get to Jeju in the first place, and Chelsea was surprised that the boat could travel at the speed it did.

"What happened?" she asked, once they were settled in the car that was waiting for them.

"The board members are holding a meeting right now."

"But you're not... Oh..."

"Yeah, they are so persistent on building that damn retirement hospital, that they are using this time when I'm away to get everyone on their side."

"Retirement hospital?"

"You know, the one they are trying to stop me from building the refugee hospital for."

"Oh, that one, I thought all the preparations for that was done, though?"

"Yeah, I thought so too... apparently not."

"What are you going to do when you get there?"

"I have to stop it, of course," he raised his voice, lifting his head to look at me.

"Yes, you have to stop it," I felt a smile tugging at my lips at his outburst, the fact that he was so determined to help the refugees made my heart flutter, "But how."

"I-I don't know," he said, looking to his fidgeting fingers, making me surprised; the great CEO of Colours... doesn't know? "They're all older than me, more experienced, better at talking than me, how am I meant to have my say over theirs?"

"You know what, Jimin?" Chelsea said, reaching for his hands. He looked up at her, surprised, but she continued to hold them in her hands, feeling her warmth leave her body and enter his, "You know what's right for your company," she soothed, "You know what you should do in order to make Colours better, you do. Not the directors, not your employees, not even me," she looked into his eyes, "You know what's best. So you just go there and say what you want to say, because in the end, the good will win. Good always wins in the end..." she sighed, looking to the table, knowing she was just spouting the words of a hypocrite, "Good has to win."

"CEO Park, we're here," the driver said and he sighed.

"You can do it," Chelsea whispered and opened the door, running around to open it for Jimin.

"Wish me luck," he said softly, pulling his blazer to a close at the front.

"You won't need it," she pat his shoulder and he strode through the entrance, swiftly to the open elevator and before she knew it, he was no longer in her line of vision.

Chelsea looked around, it was dark but the grandness of the building in front of her illuminated so much as to the whole street. Not knowing what to do, she dawdled down the sidewalk, knowing her feet were going to take her right to Jungkook's bar.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Chelsea POV

"Well hello there, stranger," a voice boomed as I sauntered through the doors.

"Jungkook-ah," I smiled, it was nice to see a familiar face.

"You look tired," he said, following me to the counter and sitting across from me.

"No business?" I asked, looking around; the place was empty.

He chuckled, "Didn't you read the sign on your way in? We're closed, you egg."

"Oh," I heaved a sigh, "I'm so exhausted."

"Jiminie hyung's working you too hard."

"He isn't," I defended, "It's not his fault half the board want him off."

"What?!"

"We had to come back from Jeju Island just because they were ganging up against him."

"What?!"

"We had to co-"

"No, I heard you. One, why were you two in Jeju Island at night? And two, why is Jimin's own company against him?"

"We were in Jeju for work, I promise," Chelsea said when he raised an eyebrow, "And the directors care more about making money than people's lives, and Jimin, obviously, is the other way around."

"Oh... poor hyung."

Just then the doors opened and an unfamiliar smell filled the place. I spun around to see Lucy strutting into the bar, surprised to see me there.

"Sea!"

"Luce, what are you doing here?"

"Work break, thought I might just stop by, what about you?"

"I guess you could say the same thing."

"Chelsea was with her boss miles from home in the middle of the night," Jungkook told her and her eyes widened.

"What?!"

"Oh my gosh you two are so annoying."

"What were you doing with Jimin in the middle of the night miles from home?"

"It was for work! Just work!"

"Right, and I don't suppose you did anything else... not related to work, right?"

"No we-"

Suddenly I remembered a few hours ago when Jimin had kissed me, cutting me off in the middle of my sentence.

"Knew it!"

"What? Oh my, Chelsea, I didn't know you and Jimine hung-"

"We did nothing, okay, it was just for work."

"Liar," Jungkook snorted and walked away.

"Okay, spill," I turned to Lucy to see her looking at me eagerly.

"Not before you do."

"What?"

"I'm not blind, Luce, what is really going on between Kookie and you?"

"Nothing," she shrugged, innocently.

I just stared at her with a 'You expect me to believe that?' look on my face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter