23 | christmas

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song : Close | Nick Jonas

 

Narrator POV

Chelsea blinked, stepping back and hitting her back on the shelf behind her.

"See. This is exactly what I meant."

"What do you mean, your dad tried to kill my parents?"

"I mean, that attempted murder, it was all my dad. My stupid father and his stupid back room business deals," he ran his fingers through his hair, frustrated.

"Wait... what?"

"Don't you hate me now? I told you," he walked over to his bag and picked it up. "I'm going to go to the airport, here's your boarding pass."

"Jimin," she turned to him, on the verge of tears, "Is this why you broke up with me? Is this why you told me that we can't be together?"

"It's a good enough reason, isn't it? My dad tri-"

"I know, I heard you the first time," she cut him off, squeezing her eyes tight.

"I'm sorry Chelsea, if only I wasn't... who I am, we could have been a normal couple."

"Jimin..." Chelsea's eyes softened, her tears free falling from her eyes, "How is that any of your fault?"

"Huh?" he looked genuinely surprised.

"True, my parents could have died back then, because of your dad, but they didn't. Sure, I was imprisoned because of your dad but here I am now, right?" The truth was that Chelsea was shattering on the inside. She knew it was none of his fault but it was going to be painful to be with him and know, nonetheless.

But she couldn't stand being apart from him any longer.

"Chelsea..."

"Jimin, listen to me. That was your dad's wrong doing, not yours, okay? My parents are fine now, happier than they used to be, actually. I'm much happier too, I met you, and Jungkook, and Taehyung, three amazing people I would never have met if I had a job back in Busan. Let's think of it this way," she held both his hands in hers, "What he did was terrible, and I agree, but he brought us together, and isn't that something you're thankful for? Because I am."

He slowly nodded, not being able to say anything.

"And you want to let this go?" she asked, hoping he wouldn't be stubborn and insist that they still couldn't be together. "Because I know, that my love for you isn't this weak, it isn't something that can me broken because of something this small."

"Chelsea..."

"Jimin, if you're going to say something stupid again do-"

He cut her off, leaning down and connecting his lips with hers. She melted in them, grateful that he got to experience this feeling again after missing it so much.

A thread of tears fell from Jimin's eyes and Chelsea brushed them away with her thumbs, knowing that he was probably killing himself over what he was doing. Jimin never really felt deserving of anything.

Let alone happiness.

"We need to catch a plane," he panted, resting his forehead against hers.

"Crap, you're right!" she jumped and he chuckled, turning to get his bag once more. The poor bag had been dropped too many times today.

"Let's go," he said and headed for the door. Once Chelsea had locked everything up, she caught up to him, interlocking her fingers through his.

He looked down at them and smiled sadly, not sure whether he was doing the right thing.

Wouldn't it hurt Chelsea to look at him?

Wouldn't it hurt for her to look at the son of the man who tried to kill her parents?

"Stop," she suddenly said, surprising Jimin.

"Huh?"

"I can tell what you're thinking," she stopped walking and turned to him. "My mother always said, love the sinner, and hate the sin. I hate what your father did – or tried to do – to my parents but I do not hate him, okay? Me looking at you, will never bring me misery, me looking at you only ever brings me joy. Because I love you, and I will not let anything ruin that, I will forever look at you with admiration, whether you like it or not."

He froze, not knowing how to take what she just said.

"Chelsea's got you tongue tied," she sung, laughing and poked his chest, "C'mon, let's go."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

"Okay but what's the deal with Courtney and a 'wedding'?"

"I was hoping you wouldn't bring that up," Jimin sighed, sitting back in the seat.

They had passed check in and customs just in time before the plane was taking off and now they were finally sitting in their seats.

"Uhm, I think I deserve an explanation."

"Courtney's dad owns this tourism franchise, and we needed some money to improve our own tourism colour so the board decided that the only way we could do that was if I married her."

"What the hell? How does that even make sense?"

Jimin laughed at her outburst, "Honestly it's a bit more complicated than that but that's basically the bottom line."

"And you're going to marry her?"

"Of course not!" he spat, incredulous.

"Woah, okay, sorry for asking," she held her hands up in an 'I surrender' position.

"I'm going to have a nap," Jimin said, pulling his eye mask onto his face, "Don't wake me."

"Okay," Chelsea smiled, "Good night."

She watched him as he leaned back in his seat, looking like he was finally getting good sleep after years.

She took her blanket from the pocket in front of her and draped it over him. Leaning down, she pecked his lips, in what was meant to be a short kiss, but he kissed her back, his arm reached out from under the blanket and on her back.

She smiled against his lips, "I missed you," she said, looking into his eyes dreamily, threading her fingers through his hair.

"I missed you too."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

"Finally home," Chelsea said once she entered Seoul airport.

"So what's your first order of business?" he asked her cheekily, "Now that you're finally here."

"Visit that orphanage, duh," she told him like it was obvious.

"What?"

"Didn't you say that you opened a-"

"Yeah," he smiled, remembering why he loved her, "But we need to send you to Busan tomorrow."

"What?"

"You need to spend Christmas with your family, you didn't think I was going to let you be stuck up here when your parents are all the way in Busan?"

"Come with me," her eyes lit up, "Come and spend Christmas with my family."

"Chelsea I can't do that..."

She glared at him.

"It's not right, I can't intrude on family like that."

She didn't change her expression.

"Chelsea..."

Crossing her arms over her chest, she waited.

"Okay fine! I'll come. But can I invite Tae and Hoseok hyung?"

"Ooooh! Yes! And I'll invite Jungkook and Lucy! This will be the most epic Christmas ever!"

"Jungkook too?"

"Jimin..." she said in a warning tone, "You know Jungkook's a good kid-"

"Yeah, yeah," he jumped when he saw their luggage on the conveyor belts. "Let's go."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Chelsea POV

I was so excited to visit the orphanage. I remembered when Jimin was telling me that he wanted to build an orphanage and now he's actually done it.

I couldn't believe it.

"How do I look?" I asked him before he opened the door.

"Are you trying to look good for the kids? You're so cute," he gushed and kissed my forehead, "You look gorgeous, as always."

I couldn't help but grin, "Okay open the door, I'm ready."

"Oh, you're ready?" he mocked and I laughed, punching his shoulder.

"Just open it."

"Oppa!" was the first thing I heard once the door was open. I peered my head around to see a little girl run up to Jimin and waited for him so crouch down before wrapping her arms around him.

"What took you so long? It's been a week since you last came," she pouted.

He tapped his finger on her nose. "Did you miss me Soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter