19 | afraid

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Lie | Park Jimin

 

Narrator POV

She tried to run to him but the reporters blocked her way, and before she knew it his broad figure disappeared from her sight and off around the corner of the building.

She didn't know what to do, how did they even find out about all this?

She turned around from the reporters and tried to walk away but they just surrounded her again.

Tears were filling her eyes to the brim and it was only a matter of seconds before they spilled all over her face.

"Please," she muttered under her breath, although she knew no one could hear her, "Leave me alone."

All of a sudden, she felt her arm be grabbed by someone, looking to it she couldn't see who is was because of the reporters standing in front of him but with a considerable amount of force, she was hauled forward, and through the reporters.

"Jungkook?"

"You had one job. To keep out of trouble, gosh Chelsea what are we going to do with you?" he asked as he hurriedly rushed down the street, his hand still clutched onto her arm.

"Where are we going?"

"Where else would we be going?" he asked just as we reached his bar, opening the door and shutting it right after, locking it and turning over the sign so it said 'Closed'.

"Yah Jungkook what about your business?"

"I don't really care about my business right now, Miss Murderer."

"Hey!"

"Okay, okay, I know that it wasn't you but the rest of Korea doesn't know that, and by the look on hyung's face, I'm pretty sure he didn't know that either.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Chelsea POV

"You saw him?"

"Yeah, how could you have not told him? He looked so-"

"Heartbroken? Hurt? Annoyed? Disgusted? Yeah. I know. Thanks for bringing it up."

"Sorry, are you alright?"

"I need to go," I stood up and started for the door but he grabbed my wrist.

"No, where do you think you're going?"

"To talk to Jimin, I can't just leave him like this."

"Just talk to him at home, don't you two live together?"

"I can't wait that long, and what if he doesn't even come home?"

"He has to, if he cares about you, no matter what the world tells him, he'll come back."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

I sat there at the couch, biting my nails, stepping on my toes, wiping every stray tear that fell from my eyes, just waiting for the click of that door.

Jungkook said that he'll come back if he cared.

What if he didn't?

I don't know what would hurt me more, him not coming home, or him coming home only to hurt and break me.

That was when I finally heard the click that I had been both anticipating and dreading this whole time. I stood up straight away and rushed to the door, to see Jimin walk in and stride right past me, dropping his bag onto the bench and then disappeared into his bedroom.

Did he just ignore me?

"Jimin?" my lips were trembling as I slowly walked to the door of his bedroom. I was scared. I don't think I could remember the last time I was this scared.

"Jimin?" I knocked this time and when he didn't answer, I just opened the door.

He whipped his head around, his arms half way through putting on his sweater, only a little bit of his lower back showing. Seeing him half in this atmosphere would have been a problem.

"Jimin talk to me," I felt my character start to become super desperate and I hated it.

"Close the door."

"Jimin," the tears were reappearing but I tried to stop them, walking closer to him, "Jimin please."

"I'm tired, Chelsea, please leave me alone."

"No, we need to talk."

"We have nothing to talk about, Chelsea I just want to sleep."

"Jimin, don't give me the silence, please, please just get angry at me," I begged, reaching for his sleeve but he shuddered from my touch.

"There's nothing to be mad about," he said simply and walked to his closet, starting to put away his blazer but I stopped him, holding his hand and spinning him to face me.

"Is this really how you're going to be?"

He ignored me, continuing to pack up his clothes.

His demeanour changed completely, and I recognised the atmosphere that came over him. It was the old Jimin. The Jimin who wallowed in self-hatred and guilt every second of the day. The Jimin who I thought had left... for good.

But he was still here.

That only meant one thing; he thought he was alone in this world again.

"Jimin," I whispered, "Jimin please, I want to explain."

"There's-" he sighed, finally turning to me, "Nothing to explain."

"Yes there is!"

"Okay, okay go ahead, go ahead and tell me how you thought hiding the fact that you tried to kill your parents was going to be of any benefit to our relationship?"

"I didn't- That wasn't me, Jimin, you have to believe me! It wasn't me-"

He shook his head, "I don't know what to believe anymore, Chelsea, I think it would be best if you found another place to stay for now."

"What?"

"Actually, don't worry about moving out, I'll move out," and with that, he took his coat from the hanger and headed for the door.

"Jimin!" but before I could pull him back, he had already left, and my feet refused to walk any further, causing me to crumble onto the ground, yet again.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

There I was, sulking like the main actress in a drama, my knees pulled into my chest as I watched as life passed by through the wall window. The tears wouldn't stop, and I couldn't make them stop either.

"What are you doing?" Jimin's voice arose from his bedroom door and I looked up from the frying pan.

"I'm cooking breakfast," I said, a matter-of-factly.

"That's my job, though," he started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter