13 | close

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song : Reflection | Kim Namjoon

 

Narrator POV

"No way," Jimin started shuffling backward, his eyes becoming the size of saucers.

"Jimin?"

Jimin didn't utter a single word, just kept walking backwards until his back hit the wall, finding his vision becoming blurry slowly.

"Is it really you?"

"I can't believe it," Jimin hiccupped.

The dark figure in front of him starting growing in size, and suddenly he felt two strong arms wrap around him.

Jimin had never cried in the arms of another man but in this moment he didn't really care.

"Tae... I thought I'd never see you again," Jimin managed to say between sniffs.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

"How is it that we meet here of all places?" Jimin asked, studying every part of Tae, even the way in which his brown hair flowed over his forehead in perfect pattern.

"Why does it matter? I can't believe that you're in front of me right now," Taehyung leaned forward and took Jimin's hands in his.

Jimin flinched, not used to this much skinship in years, but he held it in, looking into his eyes.

"What have you been doing the past five years?"

"What have I been doing? Do you remember what my dream was?"

"Becoming a pilot," Jimin smirked, remembering the memories.

Taehyung nodded, "Guess what?"

"What?"

"I became one!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! I fly planes now! Like actual planes with people in it, I flew myself here from Iceland."

"Kim Taehyung flying a plane... with 100s of people on it... I don't know if that's a good idea..."

"There's my old Jimin back," Taehyung chuckled, play-punching Jimin's arm.

"Does that mean I'm getting free plane rides now?"

"Ew, who said I was ever going to give you that privilege?"

"Aww Tae," Jimin pouted, making them both burst into laughter.

"Have you been able to keep in touch with the hyungs?"

"No? I thought you knew where they were."

"Really? I guess we all did split up that day."

"I hated that day," Jimin muttered under his breath.

"I hated it too," Taehyung replied, squeezing his hands. "I'm never leaving your side now."

Jimin giggled and nodded vigorously. "I would love that."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

The next day, Taehyung joined Jimin when they went to the office, Chelsea had headed off by herself in the morning because Jimin never went home that night.

While Jimin completed his tasks, Taehyung studied his office. First it was the wall window, as he stood in front of it, his hands in his pockets and watched the clouds flying with the wind. Next it was the large bookshelf on which Jimin had placed all his novels with topics varying from Greek Mythology, to the reasons for Economic crisis in different eras.

Lastly, he settled on top of Jimin's desk, moving the stack of papers to the ground and swinging his legs up and down.

"Yah! Stop shaking the table," Jimin scolded him as he typed something up on the desktop.

"How's Chelsea?" Taehyung asked as he slowly walked around Jimin's desk, finger sliding over the surface.

"Huh?"

"Your sister. How is she?"

Jimin's eyes shut at the realisation.

He didn't know.

And I sure as hell don't want to be the one to tell him.

As if on cue, the door burst open and Jimin's secretary rushed in, holding a bunch of files.

"Sajangn- OH I'm so sorry! I didn't know you had company... I'll go."

Jimin nodded but...

"No! It's fine!" Taehyung stopped her and she slowly turned around, throwing a nervous glance at Jimin who seemed to be anxious as well. "We weren't talking about anything important, go ahead, and speak to him. I'm Taehyung by the way, Kim Taehyung," he held his hand out to Chelsea and she bowed before taking it.

"Chelsea Park."

"Chelsea?" Taehyung turned to Jimin and then back to her, "Chelsea?"

Jimin ran his fingers through his hair, frustrated.

This was not going to end well.

"Chelsea! It's me, Taehyung! Taetae oppa!" Taehyung said suddenly, opening his arms out wide and walking to Chelsea while she just looked confused, throwing a 'what is he on about' glance at Jimin and before Taehyung reached her, Jimin jumped in between the two, facing her.

"Can you please print out the sales from every, single, department, so that I can go over them tonight?"

"But you can just view them on the la-"

"Please?" Jimin grit his teeth as he tried to sound polite.

"Uhm... okay, sure."

After that, she bowed at the both of them and left the room. Jimin slowly turned around to meet an extremely confused, and disappointed Taehyung.

"Sit down," Jimin said immediately, "We have a lot to catch up on."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

"No, Jimin-ah..." Taehyung whispered, his eyes starting to become glossy.

"Tae don't-"

"Chelsea... she's dead? No, no no no!"

"Tae please don't cr-" before Jimin could finish his sentence, a tear fell from Taehyung's eyes.

Jimin knew that if Taehyung started crying, like a contagious disease, he was going to catch on too. He leaned forward and wrapped his arms around him, letting him cry into his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Jimin-ah, I didn't even know and I-"

"Shh," Jimin hushed him, "She was like your sister too, you must feel the same way I did."

"I can't believe it."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

The two spent the rest of the day attached at the hip, like a couple on their first day on their relationship. Soon, nightfall came and they had to part ways, Jimin back to his apartment, and Tae to his own, right across the hallway.

Chelsea came home, however, and entered the apartment which Jimin was sitting at the dining table in the darkness, the only illumination coming from the city lights through the wall window. 

"Where were you all day?" Jimin asked and Chelsea froze, slowly turning around. Anyone could read her thoughts from her expression;

He's asking me where I was today. He cares?

"I was just at the-"

"Wait don't tell me," Jimin put his hand up, "The bar."

Chelsea smiled and joined Jimin at the dining table. "You know me so well."

"Well of course I d-" he started to say but stopped, finding the atmosphere grow awkward. Whenever he started to comment about how close they were becoming, he found himself tense up.

As if he didn't want to jinx it.

"Tomorrow, we need to go and check the tourist department's appraisal," Chelsea said, "But it's all the way in Jeju Island."

"We can just go for a trip then," he said, nonchalantly.

"What?"

"I'll talk to my friend who lives there to find a place for us to stay overnight."

"O-Overnight?"

"Yeah, he owns a few properties."

Why did he act like it was nothing? He just asked me to an overnight trip.

"It's entirely for business, don't get any wrong ideas."

Ah there it is.

"Well, I better sleep now or I'll have no energy for tomorrow."

"Good night."

"G-Good night."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Jimin sent a text to Taehyung when he woke up, telling him about what he was going to do that day, and Taehyung replied with his own itinerary for the day.

They really did seem like newlyweds.

Then Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter