11 | nothing more

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song : DIRT | 버나드 박

 

Chelsea POV

I don't even know how it happened. Did I lose track of the day? Did I believe tomorrow was today and forget that I had to move out? Because I'm 100% sure that there was somebody else inside 'my home' today. And that somebody else wasn't my brother, it was some guy and his girlfriend I suppose? Now I was idly walking along the street just outside the apartment building, my phone to my ear with the constant ring ring of the dial tone to my brother.

He didn't answer.

It went to voicemail every time.

What was happening?

Why was this happening to me?

Right now?

When I thought that everything had finally turned right, everything had to go wrong.

Before my tears fell, my knees gave in, and I started folding myself into a ball, burying my head in the gap between my chest and my knees.

And then the tears fell.

I couldn't stop repeating the same things over and over in my head.

Of course my world was going to fall apart.

What did I expect?

I would get a job, and my life would finally be okay?

Now I'm homeless and will probably lose my job because of the trouble I caused to my own boss this morning.

Why am I such a failure?

Why did I have to turn out this way?

I knew saying things like this wouldn't help the situation but I couldn't help it.

The only reason I was in this situation is because I was incompetent of getting on my feet, by myself. And here I am suffering because of it.

Suddenly I felt warmth overcome me and my head was forced into a firm chest, covered in a fluffy black sweater.

And for some reason, it was like my entire being was washed over with peace.

I heard the person mumble something along the lines of, "And why is it that we keep seeing each other at our worst?"

This made me smile ever so slightly before slowly tearing away and looking up to see who it was.

I gave up on trying to look good for him now, and I took a deep breath, wiping my tears away. "I'm sorry," I bowed, struggling to stand up, "You can g-"

"Why," he stood up and lifted me off the ground, helping me stand, "Are you sorry?"

"Because I-"

"Let's get you to your house," he said, and scratched his head, "Which is weird because all this time I thought you lived opposite me."

"I used to," I croaked, looking to the ground. As we started walking, I felt my body leaning on him for support, and hated myself for it, but I couldn't do anything about it. "Got kicked out."

I was surprised at myself for telling him this, actually.

"Kicked out? What do you mean?"

"I..." debating whether to keep going or not, I shrugged and did what I shouldn't have; continued. I bet I lost my job already anyway, "My brother sold the house, and didn't tell me."

"Wow..." he sighed, "I guess we both have family problems."

I wasn't sure if that was meant to be a joke, but it did make me smile... again.

"I wouldn't mind letting you stay in my guest room... that is, until you find yourself a home."

"What? No, I couldn't-"

But before I could protest, I found myself stumbling into his home, while he went to his kitchen to pour himself a glass of water, "Do you need to get your stuff?"

"Yeah... I should probably do that," I answered, still in a daze as I walked back out and knocked on the door of my old home.

When the person at the door answered, I looked to the floor and sighed, "Hi, I'm sorry, I used to live here, and I didn't get to take my stuff out..."

"Oh, right, they're just there," he took a step back and pointed in the corner of his living room. I bowed to him and took this moment to step into my home (for the last time) and haul all my items out.

"Thank you," I bowed before turning to walk away.

I was so tired when I trudged into Jimin's house then, and he led me to the room I could stay in. I told him I was going to sleep and thanked him for letting me stay. He didn't question anything, and just let me go to sleep.

I sunk into the bed (the mattress was enormous and so comfortable, the linen were cool and soft, just the way I liked it, and the smell of it was so refreshing and warm) but it wasn't surprising when I couldn't put myself to sleep no matter how much I tried.

I was sleeping in my boss's home.

I probably have lost my job.

I need to find a home to live in soon.

I spent the rest of the night crying into the pillow, not even being able to stop myself. I cried so much that I was completely empty by the end of it.

I couldn't think. I couldn't feel.

I was empty.

But I think that for the first time in my whole life, this feeling didn't scare me.

--

Narrator POV

The night seemed to go the slowest, only because Chelsea was sitting on the edge of the bed, not being able to sleep a wink while knowing that Jimin was in the room right next to her.

Little did she know, that Jimin was the exact same, not even closing his eyes for a second, because lo and behold, there was a girl in the next room.

The next morning, Chelsea got out of bed and headed to the bathroom, brushing her teeth and washing her face with all her stuff she had hurriedly placed in the bathroom the night before.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter