24 | love

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Clarity | Zed

 

Narrator POV

Chelsea had been at the fashion and design university for two years, and her degree was cut in half because of the massive had work she had put in, doing twice as much work in those two years. It was finally time for her to get back home and she couldn't wait for it.

Jimin had spent the last two years strengthening his company, finally being able to make his company his own.

"I'm not going to marry Courtney," Jimin stood in front of the board, and Courtney's father in a meeting room.

"You have to, you need a partner for the tourism department, if you don't-"

"I can handle that partnership for Tourism, and by the way, here we call those so-called departments, Colours."

"Who else will you partner with then? You have no one-" Courtney exclaimed and Jimin was taken aback; she had never talked to Jimin that way before.

"I actually do," he cut her off, "I won't be benefitting from this arranged marriage anymore, I'm not doing it."

"Jimin-"

"I'm not changing my mind, I've decided that I'm going to start doing things my way. This marriage is not happening. The retirement hospital is also not happening. I'm going to build a new clothing and cosmetics Colour, and I know that will be a big hit. And I was thinking of developing our Entertainment Colour by creating some new acts, groups, which will also bring in a ton of cash. For now, that will be enough to hand us money, win-win. Then I can focus on all the other projects I want to do with this company."

"I think I can speak for the rest of the board when I say we don't wa-" one of the board leaders said, standing up but Jimin cut him off.

"It doesn't really matter what you all want, I'm doing this for the good of Colours, and just for the good of this country. Don't you think, being the biggest conglomerate company in Korea, we should use that title to actually help, Korea?"

He was proud of that impromptu speech, and it was the start of him being proud of himself and his own actions in his company.

Other than the company, he would spend every other hour with Taehyung or Hoseok, or both. He hadn't spoken to Chelsea since the day she went back to France, she wasn't picking up his calls, and she wasn't replying to his messages. He couldn't wait four years to talk to her again but he couldn't do anything but that. He had no way of talking to her. It was killing him but he would use his best friends to his advantage as well as his work, and that way he was able to get on living.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Chelsea POV

It was finally time for me to go back home and I was so excited to see everyone again. I arrived in Seoul during the day time, the time I was sure Jimin would be in his office so that was the first place I headed to. After leaving my luggage with Lucy, I walked through the entrance to the place that I once walked through every day.

A sad smile creeped along my lips as I looked around, seeing familiar faces, shocked expressions as they saw me. I walked to the elevator and pressed the up arrow, waiting for it to open.

Once they did, a large poster of Jimin revealed itself. Him smiling at the camera, a long list of all the Colours and their respective buildings next to him. It made me happy, it made me proud.

"Chelsea?" a familiar voice squeaked once the elevator door opened, "Chelsea!"

I looked up to see Taehyung run up to me and wrap his arms around me, squeezing me. "I can't believe it's you!"

I laughed, tearing away from him, "How are have you been?"

"How dare you leave us for two years without any contact you jerk?"

"Tae can you get me-"

I looked behind Taehyung's shoulder to see Jimin peeking his head through the door, freeze when his eyes rested on me.

"I need to get some coffee," Taehyung sang and walked past me through the door.

"Chelsea?"

"Hey," I smiled, taking him in.

He was still my Jimin but he was so different. He was still gorgeous but a different type of gorgeous. His smile was different. His clothes were different. He was different.

But it was a good type of different.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

"Here's something to drink," he walked into his office, placing a glass on the table I was standing at.

"Thanks," I picked it up and sipped from it, eyeing his attire as he leaned against the table, his back facing me. "So how's everything? You've finally learnt the right way to match your clothes, I'm amazed."

"I'm more amazed," he remarked, "How can you come back from France without even saying anything to anyone about it? Two years with no contact," he muttered the last bit under his breath.

"It seems like Colours is really developed since the last time I was here," I said, walking around to stand in front of him. "This place is so different now," pointing around with the hand I was holding the glass in, "You're so different now."

"Yeah I g-" he was interrupted when the drink in my hand accidentally spilled onto his shirt.

"Oh my gosh, sorry!" I turned around and looked for a cloth and he started rubbing at it with his sleeve.

"Wait!" I told him, leaning over his shoulder and pulling out the label on the back of his shirt. "It's Polyester, you can't rub it, you need to soak it in water."

"You did study over there, I guess that's why you didn't bother calling."

"Are you mad?"

"What? No! Of course not! I've been so busy here too, too busy to call you either."

"I missed you."

"Huh?"

"I missed you so much, that's why I didn't call you. I thought that the minute I heard your voice I would want to run back here in a heartbeat."

He turned around, a smile slowly gracing his lips, "I missed you too." His voice was muffled into my shoulder when he hugged me, burying his head into my neck. "I missed you so much."

I pulled my head back and watched as he did the same, brushing his hair out of his eyes and staring into them again. Although so much about him had changed, his eyes were the one thing that didn't. Two stars from the heavens glowing with the power of the universe's love. Craning my neck up, I pecked his lips, once, twice, three times, enough to make him laugh.

"Maybe you missed me more," he shook his head.

"Really? Whatever gave you that idea?" I asked him, my hands draped around his neck and his arms hugging my waist.

"Oh I don't know, a wild guess." He stared into my eyes, as if he was trying to look into my soul. "But weren't you meant to be done in four years, not two?"

"Yeah, but your girl here is a hardworker," I said and he nodded, "And I finished the four years' worth of assignments and exams in year two years."

"You did?"

"You proud?"

"Mhm," he nodded, "What did I do to deserve such an amazing girl?" he asked squeezing his arms tighter around me, making me laugh.

"Right? Maybe you saved the world in your past life."

"I can't even compliment you without you turning cocky," he snickered.

"Learnt from the best," I punched his arm.

"So, do you have a job here yet?"

"Nope, still unemployed, just have a degree this time around."

He laughed again, "That's good."

"Huh?"

"Well, we needed a leader for the new Fashion Colour's Clothing and Cosmetics building and I guess, I was saving that spot for you."

I tore away from him, "Jimin I can't."

"Why not?"

"It's not right, Jimin, I can-"

"Job interviews are on Wednesday, you'll need to send in your CV to my new assistant by 5 pm tonight."

"Oh."

I closed my mouth, instantly embarrassed to think he was about to just give me the job like that.

"I'm so glad my girl is back," he laughed, clearly amused at my antics.

"I'm glad I'm back too."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

We had a welcome back 'party' that night with Lucy, Jungkook, Taehyung, Hoseok, Yoongi and Jimin. We drank fancy drinks and ate fancy things, reminding me what it was like to be friends with 2 CEOs, 2 bar owners, a pilot and a doctor.

"That was a fun night," I told Jimin as we walked into his penthouse apartment.

Nothing had changed.

"Wow..." I awed, looking around, "You are very consistent, you know that?"

He laughed, "Well there wasn't really anyone here who wanted to change the place, you know?"

"You salty right now?" I asked, walking into his bedroom to look around. And something I saw surprised me. There, on the long table in front of the window, where there used to be some weird art sculpture I didn't understand, stood a photo frame. Naturally, I ran to it, grabbing the photo frame in my hands. It was a photo of Jimin and I at the ball, the first ball we had attended together. It was an amazing shot, the light shining from behind us, illuminating my golden dress in the slightest, making it shine like the share in the heavens, and Jimin looking into my eyes like I was the only one that mattered.

"Like it?" I heard him say and I turned around to see him leaning against the door frame with his hands in his pockets.

I nodded, "I love it, a lot."

"I hope you don't mind that... I kinda turned your bedroom into a personalised... uhm..."

"A what... Jimin what did you do with my bedroom?" I eyed him as I walked past him and into my old bedroom, immediately in awe at what stood before me.

The first thing you see is the wall, a wall with a large c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter