15 | happy

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song : Still | Seinabo Sey

 

Chelsea POV

That night went slowly, the sole reason was because I couldn't sleep. The fact that Jimin was in the next room seemed to burden me tonight more than ever before.

The morning came and I did what I normally would have done, was my face, brush my teeth, change into my work clothes and open my door, expecting to see Jimin there cooking breakfast. 

I was right; he was.

I trudged to the bench, knowing that our very first conversation this morning was going to be very awkward. Taking a deep breath, I looked up to ask him something, just anything that came to mind, but he didn't give me the chance to.

"We need to go and pick up our stuff from Jeju, we got a bit... off task last time we were meant to do it."

The edges of his mouth twitched, and I realised this was Jimin's version of a joke.

"Oh, yeah, we should probably do that."

"Here, eat, I'll be back," he placed the dish in front of me and walked to his room, leaving me surprised at how he can be so calm about everything.

When I was here trying not to breathe too loudly in fear that he might just want to run away.

"Are you ready?" his voice emerged from behind me and I nodded, stuffing the last piece of toast into my mouth and about to stand up before I felt his arms circle around me, making me freeze on the spot. He reached for the keys that were in front of me, his body bending right down I felt his chest against the back of my head, resulting in me holding my breath like an idiot.

I am not going to get used to this.

"My friend said that he'll send our stuff over on the boat but we need to pick it up," Jimin broke the silence in the car.

"Okay," I slowly nodded, not liking awkward atmosphere in the car. "Oh, I forgot to tell you," thanking my secretary mind for remembering at this crucial time.

"What?" he asked, drumming the steering wheel.

"You need to attend the anniversary dinner in two nights, the CEO of TaeYang group is coming."

"TaeYang Group? Isn't that the one which just recently had a new CEO appointed?"

"Yup," I nodded, "Apparently he's pretty young, handsome too."

"Wait up."

"Huh?"

"Handsome? Why? Am I not handsome enough for you?"

"Okay, okay," I laughed, "Let's not do this."

"You better take that back."

"What if I don't want to?" I teased.

"What did you just say?"

Like that, because of this CEO whom I had never met before, the atmosphere in the car completely flipped.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

"Why did you-" Jimin grunted as he heaved my suitcase to the car, "pack so much stuff?"

"You clearly don't know what my job entails," I was finding pleasure in his struggling as he tried to put it in the boot.

"What does it entail then, Miss Park?" he said, finally succeeding in putting the suitcase in the car and watching me as I hauled his suitcase back.

"It entails me taking two extra sets of your clothes, documents and food in case you forget something."

"Seriously?" he asked, his eyebrows raised in awe.

"Yes, seriously."

He smiled, looking into my eyes.

"What?"

He didn't say anything, just walked closer to me and held my hands in his, not taking his eyes from mine.

"I'm just happy."

"Huh?"

"I'm just so happy," he repeated, and this time I smiled back, "You have no idea how long it's been since the last time I felt this happy."

"You're right, I don't."

"I'm so thankful I have you."

I didn't know what to say, how to respond, and it seemed like he realised because he squeezed my hand before letting go, bending down to pick up his suitcase and put it in the car.

"Let's go to work now," he opened the car door for me and I bowed.

"Thank you sir."

"My pleasure," he curtseyed, an eyesmile I have never seen him wear before gracing his face.

"Can you drive with one hand? Guys look really cool when they drive with one hand," I said, when he had started driving.

"There," he let go of the steering wheel from one hand, "Do I look cool now?"

"Yes, very," I replied, taking that moment to sneak my hand into his.

"Oh, this is why you wanted me to drive with one hand," he chuckled, squeezing my hand back.

"What? Nooooo," I feigned innocence.

"Mhm, sure."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

I think it didn't need to be stated but both Jimin and I tried not to make anything obvious at work, although our employees already found it slightly suspicious because of the fact we'd always walk into work together, but they seemed to brush it off because I was his secretary, and of course I had to stick to him like glue 24/7.

The day went like normal, I went in almost every hour to give him his pills, his food and remind him to get some fresh air (to which he only ever replied by opening a window). Finally it was around 7 pm, the building was practically empty, except for the few committed workers trying to finish off some documents.

I walked into Jimin's office, to see where he was up to with his work, and what time we might be going home.

"I'm almost done," he said as soon as I entered, saving me the trouble of standing behind him and finding out myself.

"Oh okay," I bowed and started to walk back out.

"Wait, come back," he called.

"Yes?"

"Stay in here, let's order chicken."

"Huh? But don't you want to go home?"

"Not really," he said, standing up and stretching, "Order some chicken I'm going to get the last papers out of the printer, I'll be right back."

With that, he walked out the door, leaving me to stand by myself in the empty office – empty enormous office – to order chicken I guess.

I bet Jimin hasn't had deep fried chicken ever before in his life (he doesn't ever eat greasy foods, how he eats ramyeon is beyond me) but I did it anyway.

"Did you order?" Jimin asked when he walked in, holding a huge stack of papers.

"Yeah, they're coming."

"Okay, goo-" Jimin tripped over the step, falling and all the papers in his hands went flying in the air.

"Oh my gosh, Jimin, are you okay?"

"Crap," he wheezed, sitting himself up and staring at the papers.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Now I have to arrange them in order again, ugh!"

I started laughing, "Well good to know you're not hurt."

"I am," he deadpanned, "Here," patting his heart, he wore a sad expression, "I have to spend the next half hour arranging these."

"Don't worry," I giggled, gathering the papers, "I'll help you."

"So what did you want to be when you were younger?" I asked, once we were sitting on the sofas in his office, sorting out the papers on the coffee table.

"Huh?"

"What was your dream job?"

"Oh, I wanted to be an astronomer," he said, "I love the stars."

"Really?"

"Yeah, my teenage years were spent at the observatory or in the pract- I mean, just the observatory."

"No, you were about to say something else," I narrowed my eyes at him, "Observatory and in the what?"

"Nothing, just the observatory."

"Hmph," I pretended to pout, "Fine then, if you're gonna be like that."

He laughed, "What about you?"

"What about me?"

"What did you want to be when you were younger?"

"Fashion Designer," I told him, "I was so set on studying fashion in University."

"Did you?"

"No, I didn't, I didn't get the chance to."

"What happened?"

I opened my mouth, Oh I was charged for murder and had to go to prison for five years, but closed it right away.

What would he think about me if I told him that?

"I had to work because my parents couldn't afford our living," I lied.

"Really?" he asked and I looked up to him, his eyes filled with concern, concern for me.

"It's okay now though," suddenly I felt guilty for lying to him.

But what would he do if he found out that I was once a 'criminal'? Would he believe the cops like the judge did and would he leave me?

I wanted to bury that part of my past, but what if it just scratches the surface, rising for everyone to see?

I wouldn't want that.

"Would you like to still study fashion though?"

"That would be so nice," I smiled, looking back down at the papers in my hands.

My eyes scanned the first words, the words that were my parent's names.

"D-Do you know these people?" I asked, immediately running to him and showing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter