22 | emergency

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song : No Words | The Script

 

Narrator POV

(Anything bold is said in English)

It had been two months. Chelsea was learning all about fashion and design, and honestly was having the time of her life in France. Jungkook and Lucy would call her at least once a week and they would catch up on everything that had happened.

Chelsea skipped through the town, her steps matching the music plugged into her ears. Her arms hugging a brown paper bag filled with baguettes and croissants from the local bakery, as she was heading to take it to her dorm room. The music filling her ears blocked everything out, including the loud car screeching and car brakes, before it was too late.

A passer-by called the ambulance, but it was getting too gruesome for anyone's eyes. Blood started spilling out of the back of her head due to the impact of it hitting the ground, but the open wound on her forehead was doing equal damage as the car window had hit her right there. She groaned at the pain, the stinging from her hands which were crushed under the weight of her body, as well as the unbelievable headache she was getting.

"Open your eyes! Please! Stay with me here, open your eyes!" were the last thing Chelsea heard before her eyes fluttered to a close, her body becoming numb, the pain drifting away and her worries with it.

The ambulance came shortly after, rushing her to the hospital and into surgery straight away. After it was found out that Chelsea was Korean, the nurse assigned to look after her was changed to their Korean translator. She retrieved Chelsea's phone and, after putting it through the decryption program, opened her calling app. She dialled the number on Chelsea's number 1 speed dial, into the hospital phone and waited for the person on the other end to answer.

"Hello?"

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Jimin, on the other hand, was trying to delay the arranged marriage between him and Courtney for as long as he could. He was lucky that there was no one but his board pressuring him to actually get married to her, and he could handle that, a simple 'I need to take care of company matters first' was enough to postpone it at least three months.

Also, in those two months, Jimin was able to accomplish something else that had been on his to-do list for when he ran the company.

· Change the company name from Park Group to Colours

· Start a refugee hospital

· Create an orphanage

And since he finally got to make that orphanage, he would visit it every second day. His workers were be surprised at his actions; it wasn't that long ago when he wouldn't even speak to anyone but his secretary and now he's personally running an orphanage.

"Oppa!!!" someone chimed once he walked in, his hands in his pockets, looking around at the Christmas decorations on the walls.

"Soo Young-ah!" he lit up, opening his arms for her, crouching to the ground as she ran into him.

She hugged him tight, "I haven't seen you in a loooong time!"

"I came two days ago though," he chuckled, ruffling the five year old's hair.

"Yeah, exactly."

"I wish I could come more often too," he pouted and stood up once she let go of him. "What's all this?"

"Christmas is in a few days oppa," she frowned, "Did you not know?"

"Oh, I know," he sighed.

"I can't wait for Christmas," Chelsea said, braiding a chunk of hair on the side of Jimin's head as she sat in his lap.

"Do you like Christmas?" he asked, trying to turn around but she held him firmly.

"Don't. Move," she continued to braid his hair, "I didn't used to like Christmas, it was boring with no family, but now," she brushed his hair away and looked into his eyes, "I have you."

"Right," he smiled, "And you're never getting rid of me."

"Is that right?"

"That is right," leaning up to kiss her, Jimin threaded his fingers through her hair, "I can't wait."

"What about you?" Chelsea asked him, "Do you like Christmas?"

"I guess I'm the same as you," he replied, looking into her eyes, "I only ever spent it with my hyungs and sister, once they left, I hated the season."

"The sad thing is that Christmas is meant to be the happiest time of the year."

"Well, this year, it will be," he grinned, "The happiest time of year."

"Christmas is coming up."

"Why do you look sad oppa? Christmas is an exciting day!"

"Is it?" he asked, joining the other kids in the common room and sitting on the floor, "What do you guys want for Christmas?"

"A Barbie doll!"

"A car!"

"A colouring book!"

"Did you guys write that in your letters to Santa?"

"Yes!"

"Can you give me your letters now? I'll send them to Santa on my way back to work."

"You send them to Santa hyung?" a child asked, inching closer to him.

"Yes I do," Jimin grinned, the little boy's hair. Truth be told, this was his favourite kid at the orphanage.

"But how? He lives in the North Pole!"

"We send it by post," he held his hand out, "Where's your letter Jamie?"

"Oh," he stood up and fumbled in his pockets, "here you go."

"Thanks big boy," Jimin finally wrapped his arms around the little one and hugged him tight, "Let's go join the others."

He held Jimin's hand as they walked through the common room into the lounge, where everyone was sitting in a circle while the fireplace was blazing.

"Hyung I'm going to go and sit down," he informed Jimin and he squeezed the boy's hand.

"Okay, talk to you later little one."

"Thank you for coming again," the nun who looks after the orphanage said as she walked up to him.

"Stop thanking me," he play-punched her arm, "I love coming here, you know that."

"Yeah," she grinned, "So how's everything at work going?"

"Good, busy, Christmas is right round the corner."

"You're right, it is. Here are a few more letters from the kids who are still in their rooms," she handed him some more envelopes, "What are you going to do with them?"

"You'll see," he smiled, looking at the little kids in front of him as they laughed, talked and played hand games.

"Wow, I haven't seen you smile like this in a long time. How's the girlfriend?"

He immediately tensed up at the mention of her.

"Oh no, I'm sorry, I just assumed that-"

"No, it's okay," he put on his fake smile, "I haven't seen Chelsea in a while."

Sister Julia, Taehyung and Hoseok were the only people who knew the real reason behind Jimin breaking up with Chelsea and also the only people who knew that Jimin wasn't the slightest bit interested in marrying Courtney.

Jimin's phone buzzed and he looked at the caller ID. It was an unknown number.

"Hello?" he answered, looking at Sister Julia, confused.

"Yes... I do know her."

"Well, she is in hospital right now and we need a gua-"

"She's where?" Jimin on the other end almost yelled.

"She had been involved in a serious car accident and needs to have surgery. Are you her guardian?"

"Uh, y-yes, yes I am," his voice trembling now, "How is she?"

"She's in critical condition, we need to give her surgery but we cannot do it without her guardian's consent."

"Please give her the surgery, here's my consent."

"We need papers si-"

"Please give her the surgery and I will come and sign the papers."

"I can't coun-"

"Please," he begged and she nodded.

"Alright, but h-"

He hung up. Calling Taehyung straight away, he pulled his coat from the table and waved a goodbye to the children before rushing out.

"Chim!" Taehyung answered.

"Tae, book me a ticket to Paris, right now, one that leaves in the next hour, please."

"Jimin, are you alright?"

"Tae! Can you just check if there are any flights leaving to Paris, when's the earliest?"

"Tomorrow morning," he told him, and Jimin grunted, punching his steering wheel.

"Yah! What was that? Jimin are you okay?"

"Are you sure there isn't any other flight?"

"Okay, Jimin give me five minutes, I'm going to hang up and try to arrange something. Use those five minutes to breathe and calm down, okay? Take deep breaths."

"Okay, Tae," he said but he knew that wasn't going to anything of the sort.

As promised, Taehyung called him back five minutes later and told him to meet him at the airport in half an hour with his passport.

"Thank you so much Tae!"

It was a bit of a stretch getting to the airport in half an hour but he made it. Bursting through the doors, he saw Taehyung waiting for him in uniform. Raising his eyebrow, he ran up to him.

"Where are you going?"

"Paris, idiot, let's go."

"What? You're flying?"

"Now are you going to tell me what happened? And why you needed an emergency ticket to the city your ex-girlfriend is in right now?"

Jimin struggled to keep up to pace with Taehyung as they strode through the busy people and into a terminal.

"She's in hospital, critical condition they said."

"What? Really?"

"Yeah, I need to sign their papers and I need to see if she's alright. They said she was in critical condition. Tae if anything happens to her-"

"Jimin shush. Nothing's going to happen to her, stop jumping to conclusions, c'mon," he held Jimin's hand in his own, "Let's go."

They boarded the plane, Jimin hadn't taken anything but the clothes on his back, and Taehyung was the same, making it easier to pass customs and start the flight.

"What kind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter