03 | forgetting

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song : Colours | Halsey

 

Narrator POV

Chelsea stayed still for a few seconds, Jimin squeezed his grip along her arms before his head fell to her shoulders. She peeked her head back a little and brushed his hair away from his eyes to see that he had fallen asleep, yet again, so she carefully untangled him from her body and lay him back on the bed.

He slept peacefully for the most part, not even flinching the slightest bit when she pulled the blanket up higher against his body. She looked around his bedroom and wondered why there were no photo frames, pictures or any sign of actual inhabitation.

Her eyes darted back to his sleeping figure. His hair was damp against his forehead while his lips were regaining their natural peachy pink and plump form. From all the skinship they had just gone through, she could feel (no she did not intend on finding this out) that he was exceptionally well-built and strong. But why did it seem like he was all alone? Why was that man she had talked to on the phone earlier, the only contact he had stored? Surely he had family, friends and maybe even a girlfriend, right?

It got a bit creepy for her to keep watching as he slept, so she stood up and went to his kitchen, to pour herself a drink. This made her all the more conscious about her surroundings. She felt like Jimin was going to walk in any second and scream at her for being in his house without permission and chase her out (even though she had no idea what his personality was like).

After drinking up the water, she went back to his bedroom, but on the way there, she saw something that fascinated her. As she walked past the third bedroom, she found the wall window enticing, drawing her in. She gasped as she looked around, the whole view of her beautiful city right before her eyes. She didn't have the opportunity to see something like this in her own home next door, but then again she didn't really have the opportunity to see anything there. It wasn't her home for starters, she was just living in it because it's owner had asked her to, being that he couldn't actually do it himself while being away on business. He, being her step brother, had bought the place for his mother (her step mother) and since she hadn't had the decency to ever show up, he had asked her to use it until he came back. She gladly took up the offer, mainly because at the moment she was unemployed and she didn't have the resources to buy her own food, let alone rent a place to sleep.

Although the sight in front of her was mainly just tall sky scrapers and apartments made for the upper class, she managed to find magnificence in it. Although all she could see were people with their eyes trained to their mini screens and their large burgers and fries, she managed to see the light. Although below her were streets filled with the hustle and bustle of city life, people trying to get to their destinations as quick as possible, in that moment everything was still, and everything was beautiful. Something she wasn't normally able to see, especially after she was robbed of her loving father and mother after her 16th birthday, was in fact the beauty within the opposite.

She sighed as a few tears seeped through her eyelids and she hurriedly wiped them away, thinking: When was the last time I even had this much time to think? When was the last time I got to do as much as cry over nothing?

As she saw her last tear fall to the floor, she remembered where she was and she shook her head, as if trying to shake away all her thoughts. That's what she's been doing for the past few years, anyway, trying to forget her burdens so it would all just be less painful.

She quickly took a deep breath and counted to ten (something her mother had always taught her to do if she felt like she was going to scream at reality) and turned her back to the window.

I don't need this right now.

I don't need to break down right now.

She walked back into the room which Jimin was in and sat back in her chair beside his bed.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Chelsea POV

I started to feel my head aching and it made me slowly peel my eyes open to find myself staring straight into the same warm honey eyes th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter