04 | lovesick

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song : Six Degrees of Separation | The Script

 

Chelsea POV

As a child I used to wake in the night and wish for the sun. The darkness worried me, my imagination supplied many beasts with fantastical jaws to lurk beyond the range of my vision. But now I embrace it. The night provides cover from the flesh and blood monsters of the day, the ones with their guns and official badges, the ones who can be judge, jury and executioner in the name of freedom. Even on the most moonlit of nights I blend into the city shadows, staying clear of those pools of yellow light that flow from the street-lamps. The neon and white lights that used to flood from the bars and restaurants are extinguished. The only reason to venture out at night is to join the game, the game where everyone loses and the only prize is knowing you fought.

I swaggered down the street, my hands in the pockets of my black leather jacket, feeling the cool breeze of the night air against my knees where my black jeans were ripped. My hair flowed past my shoulders and landed just at my hip, the mild waves swaying side to side every time I took a step. This night life, this was the place I belonged. The place I was meant to be living in. This was the category of life the government thought I was going to lead after all.

Okay, let me explain.

When I was 16, somebody ordered an attack on my parents, the parents whom – to this very day – I love and cherish with my eternal heart. The, very genius, detectives on the case, however, decided it was all my plan and that I was the one trying to kill my own parents.

I know, stupid, right?

Because of this I was sent to juvenile for a few years before I got out when the judge had concluded that after all those years I had repented enough and sent me back home. But, I never saw my parents again and I still don't know where they are.

It was extremely sad, as you would imagine, being ripped away from my only family, just because of a stupid decisions two idiot detectives made.

Yes, of course I'm angry, but it's all past me and I've learnt to come to terms with the fact that I wasn't getting those years of my life back, and that I had to live with knowing that I'll probably never see them again.

I reached the local bar and slid into the counter seat.

"Yo Sea!" somebody called and I spun my head around, feeling my hair fly a one-eighty around my neck.

"Hey!" I beamed my usual gummy smile as the bar owner walked over, taking the seat next to me.

"How's it?"

His name was Jungkook and he was a few years younger than me, but I respected him for owning this very popular night hangout and also coping up with me and my rants for the past 5 years or so.

"Good, I guess," I replied, nodding my chin at the bartender, "He new?"

"Oh yeah," Jungkook looked at him, "Hyung!"

The bartender swiftly turned around at that and bowed to me, "Yeah?"

"This is Chelsea," Jungkook told him, "This is Yoongi hyung, he's been a close friend of mine for a while. Owns a meat restaurant downtown and we were thinking of becoming business partners and turn our places into a lamb skewer / bar franchise.

I chuckled at his idea, "You honestly come up with the craziest things."

"He thought it was a great idea!" Jungkook held his hands up in defence, "Right hyung?"

"What was that?" Yoongi pretended to hear someone call him from the other end of the bar counter, "Coming!"

Jungkook watched as he walked away, glaring daggers into his back, with his arms folded against his chest, "Rude!"

I smiled at his antics, pulling up the glass of whatever Yoongi had just poured me and placed the rim of it against my lips. "Business seems to be going good," I said to him, trying to change the topic as I scanned the bar. "It's not meant to look like a nightclub, is it?" I asked as I watched the many guys and girls grind up against each other to whatever music that was playing, all to the fault of the alcohol in their system.

"At the rate it's going, I feel like I'm gonna have to turn it into one," Jungkook replied, frowning as he followed my gaze.

"No!" I whined, "But that would mean you'd have to dance in here and who wants to see that?"

"Well!" he said, placing a hand on his heart dramatically as if I had shot him, "I'll have you know, I am actually a very good dancer."

I scoffed, "Yeah right."

"I am!" he whined and looked to Yoongi for defence, "Right hyung?"

Yoongi turned to the side again, pretending to hear somebody's call from the other side of the bar but Jungkook stopped him, gripping onto his wrist, "FINE!"

I smiled at him and then Yoongi and pou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter