08 | yes

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song : How to Save a Life | The Fray

 

Chelsea POV

Secretary Park taught me everything he had learnt about Park Jimin in his 5 (or something I don't remember) years of knowing the guy. From how to tell what mood he is in from his attire, down to how he likes his water. It was a handful but I guess it was necessary.

My work for the day was finished well before one o'clock and so I thought I should visit Jungkook's bar for lunch. I said my goodbyes to his 'secretary team', Jimin had a few of them. I didn't know why he needed me instead of being content with them, but right now I couldn't afford to complain because this job would be able to put food on my table.

When I opened the large entrance doors, I saw a balloon floating in the air, the wind pushing it away to the side until it was finally caught in a tree. I then saw a small boy running behind the balloon, whining with his arms outstretched toward it. "My balloon!" he cried, tears starting to stream down his face and his mouth forming a cute pout.

I smiled and walked toward him, "Hey!"

He didn't say anything, just slumped to the floor and looked sadly at the balloon.

"Do you want noona to get that balloon for you?" I asked and he looked into my eyes, his own were glossy and red.

He started nodding vigorously and smiled, "Please noona!"

"Okay, okay," I chuckled and put my bag down next to him, "Look after this, alright?"

"Alright!"

I stood up and walked over to the tree, scratching my head and stared at the position of the balloon. Okay, on any other day I would be able to climb up that tree and get that balloon out of the tree, but not in these clothes.

I looked around and pulled a small stool that was being used by one of our campaigners to place our flyers on, and stood it in front of the tree. I climbed on the top of it and reached for it, huffing when I couldn't touch it.

Then my eyes flicked over to the balloon string, flailing around in the wind. Ripping a stick off the tree, one that was about to fall off any time soon, I held it out, whirling the ribbon around the stick and slowly pulled it, the balloon also slowly being unfolded from the tree branches.

"Yay! Noona! Thank you so much!" the kid chanted and I smiled, turning around to see him limping over, being pulled down by the weight of my bag.

"Ooooh give me that," I took my bag from him and gave him his balloon, "It's alright," I ruffled his hair, "Be a good boy to mommy and daddy, now, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am!" he bent his harm, holding his hand to his forehead like a salute.

"Good boy," I smiled and then he ran back in the direction he came from, turning around and waving back at me.

"So cute," I mumbled and walked in the direction of Jungkook's bar. This building was only a few minutes away from my home, meaning that I would pass it on the way.

"Sea!" Jungkook's cheery voice welcomed me as I stepped into the bar.

"Kookie!" I imitated his tone and sat at the counter.

"You're coming here often," Jungkook chuckled as he poured me my usual drink.

"What's new?" I gave him a weak smile and brought the glass to my lips. "I started work today."

"What?!" His eyes grew wide as he stared down at me.

"Yeah, I started my job."

"You got a job?" His eyes were still the size of donuts as he threw the table cloth over his shoulder and ran around the counter to sit in the stool next to me.

"Yeah, my neighbour offered it to me, to be his secretary."

"So I'm guessing your 'neighbour' isn't just your 'neighbour' anymore." His smile had the slightest glint of cheeky and I knocked his forehead with my knuckles.

"Ow..."

"What else would he be if we wasn't my neighbour, idiot?"

"Love-eu," he teased, making his fingers in a heart shape.

"Yeah right," I snorted and took another sip of my drink.

"You never got to tell me his name," Jungkook said, leaning his chin on his palm and looking at me.

"J- LUCY!"

"His name's Lucy?" I heard Jungkook's confused voice ask behind me and I rolled my eyes, running to engulf my friend in a hug.

"Hey Sea!"

"She calls you Sea too?"

"Hey Jungkook."

"H-Hi."

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, the hospital's not really that far from here and I was in the mood for a drink, so here I am."

"Should you really be drinking?"

"Who said I was going to drink alcohol?" she laughed and sat in the stool I was sitting in before. "Jungkook can I get a glass of coke?"

"You came all the way here for a coke?"

"Wow, I didn't realise you were the drinking police."

"Drinking police? Really?"

"Sorry, it's been a long day," she sighed as Jungkook placed her drink in front of her and she flashed him a small smile before turning back to me.

"How's work?"

"Same, same," she replied, sipping from her glass, "I don't think my daily routine will ever change."

"Guess what?"

"What? You look like you're dying to tell me something."

"I got a job!"

"What? Really?"

"Yeah, as a secretary for the CEO of Colours," I replied, smiling as I did.

"Colours? The company that owns the hospital I work at?"

"Yeah," I laughed, "I heard that he renamed it from Park Enterprises to Colours because to him each department is like a different colour."

"Yeah, I heard that too," she leaned in, her eyes lighting up, "But apparently the CEO is a fricking model!"

"Huh?"

"Apparently your boss is smoking," she simplified and I bit my lip.

"He is?"

"Don't act like you d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter