07 | four

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song : Save Me | BTS

 

Chelsea POV

"Huh?" I was surprised; what kind of help is this man asking for when we haven't even had a proper conversation?

"Can you be my secretary?" he asked, his voice so low that anyone could have missed it.

But I didn't.

"Huh?!"

"Can you please be my new secretary? You don't have a job so this will benefit both of us."

"How do you know I don't have a job?"

"You stayed at my home all day... twice. I'm pretty sure that implies you have no job."

"Okay but you hardly know me, for all you know, I could be a-"

"I know that you saved my life... twice. That's all I need to know."

"But I-"

This time it wasn't Jimin, or rather, Jimin's words that cut me off, it was his eyes. There was something in them that made me feel like he actually really needed me. That he had nobody else to reach out to, and that made my heart ache.

"Uhm... are there any papers I need to sign, or something?"

He looked genuinely surprised that I had replied but he opened his mouth to speak, "Do you want to do it right now?"

"Oh, yeah, you're right. I am really tired right now, can we do it tomorrow?"

"Actually, would you mind coming into my office tomorrow morning? That way you can meet my secretary and learn his know-how."

He already has a secretary? Then what does he need me for?

"Sure. That's a good idea."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Narrator POV

When Jimin walked back into his house, he felt the back of his head spark, some sort of weird pain he had never experienced before. Gripping his head between his hands, he found himself sinking to the floor.

What is happening to me? Why does this keep happening to me?

Just when he realised that there was something severely wrong with him, his eyes shut closed with his breathing starting to shorten.

"Where are you going now?" Jimin asked, leaning over his spot on Taehyung's lap and looking at Hoseok.

"The studio, I feel out of shape."

"Ooh can I join?" he asked and Hoseok looked to the ceiling in thought.

"Well my group won't be with me today, so yeah, actually you can."

"No! Jiminie you can't leave me!" Taehyung whined and Jimin got off of his lap.

"Sorry Taetae but when I come back I promise to play with you," Jimin ruffled his hair and ran to his bedroom, changing into some comfy clothes before leaving with Hoseok.

They stayed at the studio for hours, Jimin was taking this as the perfect opportunity to practice all his moves and be mentored by Hoseok as well.

He hardly got any time off from studying and being scolded by his parents (the latter one seemed more arduous than the former) so dancing was his only go-to for a break. He wasn't as good as Hoseok was but he'd been practicing for so long that he was getting there.

When they had finished practicing, Hoseok and Jimin sat down, leaning their backs against the mirror.

"How's your dad?" he asked, breaking the silence.

Jimin turned his head (while it was still connected to the cold glass behind him) and raised his eyebrows. "How do you think?"

"Jimin-ah," Hoseok coaxed him, placing his hand on Jimin's thigh, "You know that whatever he does, in the end, he loves you, right?"

"Loves me?" Jimin snorted but he knew that Hoseok also wasn't convinced himself, "In what way?"

"In the way a father loves his son," he replied swiftly.

"Yeah right," he said, leaning his head back against the mirror.

"Shut up, just be grateful you have a father to complain about, okay?" Hoseok huffed, Jimin was pulling his last string and this shut him up.

"S-Sorry hyung," he suddenly felt a wave of regret wash over him and ran his fingers through his hair, "I completely forgot... In the moment I-"

"Let's just drop it, okay?"

"Hyung..." Jimin whispered, looking into the blackness of the night, "Hyung I miss you."

Jimin felt it was too weird, however, that his head was reminding him of so many things all at once.

He took out his phone and opened Naver search. Without hesitating, he typed the first thing that came to his mind.

How to forget somebody.

He sighed as he scrolled through the results, all coming up with similar suggestions. Clean out every sign you have of them at home. Keep your mind distracted. Eat right and exercise. Don't listen to emotional or sad music.

He walked to his closet and slowly opened it, taking in a deep breath, preparing himself to face what was before him.

He looked to see the jackets and jeans and snapbacks that he used to wear when he was younger, the clothes that reminded him so much of his lost loved ones that he couldn't handle getting rid of them. As he reached out to the first few jackets, determined to throw them away, he closed his eyes, not being able to look directly at them. He trudged his feet along the floor to his large bin and held the clothes over it, trying to let them go but his fingers curled tighter around the clothing, as if his body was so reluctant to let this part of Jimin's past go, it kicked into some defence mechanism mode.

"Don't you want to buy anything more comfortable to wear?" Taehyung asked as looked through the clothes rack.

"These are comfortable," Jimin continued to awe at the vast variety of leather jackets as well as the pre-ripped jeans.

"But they don't look that... nice," Taehyung made it seem like 'nice' was the kindest way he could phrase the sentence.

Jimin took a step back and examined the younger from head to toe, his baggy black pants and oversized white shirt, his large black (weird looking) sandals topped with a red snapback. "I'm taking fashion advice from you because?"

"Fine then!" Taehyung huffed and folded his arm over his chest.

"How about this, Tae?" Jimin asked, holding a hanger with a light blue leather jacket in front of his chest.

"Eh..."

"This one?" Jimin pulled out another one, this time it was baby pink, and held it against his chest.

While Taehyung scanned his eyes over both, deep in thought over which one was better, Jimin the pink one against Taehyung's chest, "Wear it, I think it'll look good on you."

"Yah... this isn't-"

"Just try."

Taehyung gave in and hung the jacket over his shoulders, turning around to face the mirror. He smiled at the view and nudged aside for Jimin to look at the mirror too, except he had put on the blue jacket and started to admire how good the both of them looked.

"I don't like pink though," Taehyung whined and turned to Jimin.

"You don't? Okay let's swap," Jimin took off the blue jacket and took the pink one in his hands.

They both wore it and looked at each other, Jimin tried to bite back his laugh but it failed.

"You look better in pink," Jimin said, holding onto Taehyung's jacket and looking into his eyes.

"Really? Damn," Taehyung muttered and Jimin laughed, "You look good in that too."

"Yah," Jimin play-punched his shoulder, "I look good in everything."

"My mind really is out to torture me," Jimin muttered, shaking his head and retreated from throwing the blue and pink leather jackets in the rubbish bin, putting them back in the closet.

He lay in his bed and pulled the blanket over himself, promising that he was not going to let his past take away his sleep.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Thankfully it worked and Jimin slept like a baby for the next few hours, waking up when his alarm rang for 5:30 a.m. He got out of bed and brushed his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter