01 | nobody

Masterpiece | Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: 나 요즘 | Saero (feat. 앤트)

 

Narrator POV

It wasn't a very welcoming place, this house. Being extremely spacious wasn't always a good thing. Especially when the only furniture the whole house consisted of was his chestnut-framed bed covered in plain white sheets, the built-in kitchen which was as boring as any other could be, except for the fact that it contained many of the owner's routinely needs; muesli bars for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, ramyeon for dinner and a whole bunch of plastic water bottles to quench his thirst. It was a pretty vast apartment on one of the top floors of the highest buildings in the city. The third bedroom had been turned into another living room, and it served its purpose with a large full-wall window, overlooking the beautiful collage of the city. In the mornings the smiling sun would appear much larger as it danced its way across the sky, at eye level of the observer would be the tall, tall sky scrapers of the city and below were the bustling cars and cyclists, eager to get to work and to school on time. At night the sky was lined with the sparkling starlight and occasionally - but very rarely - the image of the bright planets; Venus, Saturn, Jupiter lay, underneath were the bright lights omitted from houses, other sky scrapers and cars zooming in the streets. His fridge had no magnets or photos as one would expect, only a large to-do list stamped in the middle of it. He had an immense plasma screen TV against the wall of his lounge but even that hadn't been used ever since his little sister had left.

How could an abstract noun, such as loneliness take form, become tangible? The only thinkable answer would be by possessing the whole being of a person.

And as you would expect in the house painted by loneliness there lived this person. The person who was the living, breathing version of the abstract noun, loneliness. And that person was Park Jimin.

 

Jimin squinted as the sun peeked its way through the cracks of the curtains. His eyes flew to the digital clock on the black nightstand and the time flickered 06:37. He rolled his eyes and threw the blanket off of him, jumping off the bed. He had to go to work but really he would rather stay home. After brushing his teeth, he changed into a pair of long black slacks and a slim black sweater. With his morning coffee to wake him up, he stood in front of the wall window overlooking the city, one hand gripping the mug and the other hand was placed in his pocket.

Despite the somewhat cold apartment (although the fur carpets and luxurious blankets provided physical warmth, the absence of any colour or homely nature would make any normal person shiver by looking at it), Jimin felt warmth when he breathed in the fresh scent of his beverage. Over the past few years he didn't really find many opportunities to feel warm, and therefore had to resort to things like hot drinks and cuddling by himself on the couch watching a late night documentary about the nature of dolphins.

The building across from his apartment building stood in isolation in regards to its grand size, and the stick-like part that extended at the very top, shielded his eyes from the morning sun for a brief moment and the golden rays peering around it formulated some sort of halo. In that moment, for the first time that day – and possibly that week – Jimin smiled. That building, of course, was his very own. His family was as cold as the marble floor of his bathrooms and they left almost nothing of sentiment behind for Jimin, the only heirloom he received was that very building and a large sum of money. Not that he was complaining, however, it did put food on the table and kept the roof over his head but every now and then he would envy the workers who came through their door, the workers who, although they had deceased parents just like him, had something he didn't. Whether it be a necklace, a ring or a simple notebook, they had something that held emotional significance, something they held close to their heart, only because it was something worth a bunch to their parents.

Looking down at his watch for a second, he placed the mug into his dishwashing machine and draped his coat over his shoulders before coding in the alarm and taking his keys from the bench.

He opened his door and walked to the elevator. Park Jimin lived

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter