Your Hunter

Your Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was just another hunt out, the rest of her group had spread out around the forest and they were all covering their own ground. She kept treking forward alone, her weapon, a trusty crossbow in hand ofcourse.

She heard a few branches crack to her right and immediatly point towards there, she thought about sending her signal so the rest of the hunters to tell them she found another one but decided against it since she wasn't sure if it was. She slowly moved forward, closer to the source of the noise. 

The dead leaves crunched under her boots as she stepped closer and closer... there was were she saw it. A wolf with the darkest blue possible, almost blending into the night sky. She could also see the brown doe eyes the wolf had, how they had a slight twinkle in them, 'like a star... no a moon? Moonstar... God that stupid name.' 

Yongsun chuckled at her inner thoughts before turning back her attention to the animal, she looked and noticed how it was limping, as she took a more closer look she also saw the blood dripping from it's stomach, ".. it's wounded." 

A billion thoughts went through Yongsun's mind, 'Should I call the rest of the group? I could just shoot it? Why do I not want to shoot it?' That was a first for Yongsun, normally she'd be ruthless towards disgusting creatures like this but this one... it felt different, like it meant no harm. Almost like it had a caring feeling towards it, something she'd been searching for maybe?

Yongsun continued staring at the beast while it struggled to breath, "My cabin's far away from the others so they won't know... I could treat it..." Yongsun shook her head as she heard the words coming out of , "What the is wrong with me..?" Yongsun gave a sigh as she ruffled her hair and looked at the injured animal.

.

.

.

" ..." The pink haired girl muttered as she moved from one end of her cabin to the other while looking for supplies. Yes she ended up bringing the animal home and no she didn't know why. She got a few stiches and cold towels and rushed back to the animal in her living room.

It was laying on it's back and breathing rapidly, the bleeding had slowed but still hadn't completly stopped. Yongsun bent down and sat on her knees next to the wolf, she carefully analysed the wound while unconciously petting the animal. She felt the soft dark blue fur on her hands and noticed how the animal slightly calmed down, "Why do I feel like I know you..?"

Yongsun stared directly at the creatures similiar doe eyes and a face flashed through her mind. She gasped and jumped away from the creature who lay there, "I'm over reacting, it can't be... Calm down Yong, you're over thinking, treat it, let it rest, in the morning it's gonna be gone..."

She started treating the wolf only focusing on the wound and avoiding it's eyes and pretty soon she finished. She cleaned up the medical equipment and got some blankets for the wolf, she also picked out lothes for the next morning since she didn't want whoever this was to be in ripped up, dirty garments.

"Why do I care so much for this thing I found in the forest? The 's wrong with me?" Yongsun ruffled her cotton candy hair as she got into her room and got ready for bed, the sleeping wolf staying in her mind throughout the night.

.

.

.

Morning came and Yongsun was up first thing. She had made breakfast for herself and her 'guest', she still hadn't gone to check on it's condition. She thought it was just laziness and that she was too busy but in reality there was this fear in the back of her head where her assumptions might be correct and she really doesn't want that.

She heard some noises from the room where the wolf was and she gulped as so slowly walked towards the source. She heard a few muffled curses as she got closer, 'It can't be her... but that voice...' She got closer and soon reached the door.

She stood there internally debating whether or not to go in and after a few minutes she entered.... and immediatly regretted it.

Standing in front of her was none other than her childhood friend and long lost love interest, Moon Byuli... And ofcourse as soon as she entered Moonbyul has to be wearing her red sweatpants really low on the hips and is looking around for her shirt while only wearing a sports bra... OFCOURSE!

She let out a cough to gain the younger girl's attention and they now stood there staring at eachother, "Oh.. uh hi..." Byuli was the first one to break the awkward atmosphere.

Yongsun looked at the floor instead of Byul, not being able to stare at the girl's half top, She cleared , "Uhh yea, umm you can get dressed and meet me outside, I'll... Uh explain everything." With that Yongsun practically ran out of the room, her face the same colour as her hair.

Byul stood there dumbfounded for a second before understanding how she was dressed and immediatly groaned at how stupid she was, she quickly wore a muscle tee and fixed herself, only then noticing the new set of diagonal stiches across her side/abs. "Yongsun will explain..."

She left the room and headed to the living room, following the distinct scent of her ex-love. She prepared herself before opening the door and finding a small ball of Yongsun cuddled up into the couch.

Instictivily she was about to join the older girl but remembered how that was the past, instead she gave a cough which made the pink haired girl shoot up from her spot.

"Oh... uhh let me just get you some food..." Yongsun quickly got up and headed to the kitchen, almost tripping on her own feet due to her nervousness.

She returned quickly calling Byul towards the kitchen, Byul entered the room only to find the girl's back towards her as she stacked pancakes onto one of her plates. 'Just like old times huh...' Byul was unconciously smiling but when Yongsun turned around she quickly shook her head and went back to her neutral face.

Byul walked forward and took a seat on the table across Yongsun like they used to do years ago. "So.." Byul started slowly, "Uhh... how are you?" 

Yongsun chuckled at Byul's awkwardness as she tried to break the silence, "I'm fine Moon Byul-sshi. How are you?" Byul smiled at the teasing smile covering Yongsun's face as memories of her having the same smile passed through her head.

"Well.. I feel like good but... I'm still confused as to what happened exactly?" Yongsun slowly nodded her head as she cut a piece of pancake of and offered it to Byul unconciously.

Byul slowly took a bite and kept eye contact with Yongsun, Yongsun cleared to try and break the tense atmosphere. "Uhh... well I found you in the forest in your.. umm other form and like... You were wounded from your stomach so I brought you here and like.. fixed you up. So yea." 

Byul nodded her head in thought, "But umm you know... why'd you try to help... me? You know since like what you do is... kinda against us? You could say." Byul carefully choose her words not wanting to offend her saviour.

"Honestly... I don't really know... It was just this gut feeling I guess." Yongsun looked down at the stack of pancakes as she cut another piece, trying to hide the faint blush that covered her cheeks.

"Well I'm still thankful to you so ummm... really thank you." Byul looked down at her twindling thumbs as she nodded her head. "It's no problem Byul-ah."

Byul unconciously relaxed her body as she heard Yongsun's melodious voice say her name. She looked up to find a piece of pancake waiting fer her and Yongsun looking at her expectedly, she quickly took a bite and said thanks before the room was developed in a oddly comfortable silence.

They quickly finished the food and decided to head to the living room, Yongsun sat on one end of the couch while Byul sat on the other.

Byul broke the silence with a question her mind since she woke up, "Umm do the others know.. that you did... what you did?" "Ummm no. I just brought you here and kinda stictched you up." "So you mean if one of them sees I'm with you... I'm gonna die and you could be punished." "...I guess." 

"I should leave soon then..." Byul shot up and gave Yongsun a quick bow, "Umm thanks for everything and I'm sorry for any inconvinience." Byul was about to leave the room when she heard Yongsun speak, "WAIT!" 

Byul froze in her place and slowly turned around only to be met with a crying tomato, "YA- YAH UNNIE WHY YOU CRYING?" Byul immediatly ran to her side and enveloped her in a warm hug letting her shirt get stained.

Yongsun tried to speak but it only came out in incoherant choked sobs so Byul instead just hugged her until she stopped. 

.

.

.

About 20 minutes passed since Yongsun breaking down and now the both of them just sat in awkward silence. Byul, who had had enough of it, decided to break the silence with a lame joke, "I mean you could have just said you didn't want me to go instead of having a mental brakdown Yongsun-ah." 

She had a smirk in place as she looked at the girl but it was replaced with a seldom expression as Yongsun uttered the words that both made her heart soar and break into a million pieces, "I never wanted you to leave Byul-ah..."

The room was now in a tense state as they both entered silence once more...

"We didn't have a choice, it was either we leave eachother or you get punished and I die... I don't ever want you to get hurt because of me Yong..."

At the heartfelt words Yongsun snapped, "WHY! Why can't we be together Byul-ah?! We love eachother don't we?! ISN'T THAT ENOUGH FOR US TO BE TOGETHER?" 

Byul looked at Yongsun who's face was once again stained with tears. They stared at eachother until Yongsun felt a comfoting warmth envelope her. At the familiar feeling Yongsun snuggled closer into the girl's chest and let her tears out, "Why... Why can't we be happy Byul-ah?"

Byul stayed silent as Yongsun quietly sobbed against her, tears escaping from her eyes unconciously as well.

They now stood against eachother, taking advantage of the situation enjoying eachothers warmth.

"Do you have to go on a hunt today..?" "No." Byul smirked and her voice got lower as she continued, "And is anyone meant to come over..?" "No..." "Then why are we still here and not on yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter