Misjudgement

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaekyung dreaded the day when she would have to go for the last injection. And it made her feel terrible – where was that selfless mother's love that was so famous? But she would do it... it's just that it hurt so much.

And there was no one to come with her.

"You know I can come," said Minhyuk, more than once.

"You don't have to..."
"I know I don't, but I will."
It was so strange. She actually wanted him to come, and yet... when she saw Junpyo, there was this small stab of disappointment. Why couldn't Junpyo come? They were his children, too.

Sometimes, se wondered about how it would be when they were born. Would he be a good father? Or would he ignore tham as much as when they were fetuses as when they are living, laughing children?

It's not right to bring children in a world where they will have no father to love them. A father's love is just as important as the mother's.

It was that question that kept bothering her: will he love them?

Blame the hormones. Blame the fact that Junpyo was hardly home, that the man who cared for her was not the father of her children but someone else.

When he took care of her, though, she felt gratitude. And a bit of guilt – he was spending so much time with her; he must have better things to do than run errands for her. But when he did things for her... it felt good. It was nice that someone ared enough to sacrifice their time.

Junpyo was as cold as ever. But... something changed. Instead of ignoring her completely, he would often demand gruffly, "Yah, did you eat properly?"

But he hardly waited for her answer – he turned away, so she wouldn't see his scarlet face. He didn't want her to see the glances he snuck at those two, the flash of something dark and ugly growing within him every time he saw Minhyuk.

Minhyuk covering Jaekyung with a blanket.

Minhyuk making Jaekyung laugh.

Jaekyung telling him things she would never dream of telling Junpyo.

They fell silent when he appeared, and he noticed the way she would look down, almost guiltily, while Minhyuk shot him this look that clearly said, "You are invading our privacy."

Privacy- huh! This was his house, Minhyuk had no right to preach about that stupid privacy.

Junpyo decided that he didn't care what those two were up to, but he needed a drink of water. He made his way to the kitchen, telling himself that it wasn't because he wanted to know or cared about what they were up to.

But just behind the door to the living room, he froze when he heard a frustrated sigh.

"What is it?" asked Minhyuk immediately.

"Nothing."
"Didn't sound like nothing to me."
"Just a.... craving."
"The babies are hungry, you should feed them. Me too, I'm hungry. What should I get?"
Junpyo expected her to tell him not to bother, but she replied in a natural tone, "Ummm... cookie ice-cream? And chocolate mint ice-cream?"

"Again?" said Minhyuk, and they laughed as though sharing some secret.

This meant that she had allowed him to buy her food before. Why hadn't she told Junpyo? When he asked whether she needed anything, the reply was always, "No, thank you." But she let Minhyuk.

This wouldn't do. Minhyuk was invading his home and he didn't like it.

Plus, he wanted to buy her ice-cream. He didn't know why, but he suddenly had the urge to buy the mother of his children something she wanted.

He crept off to put on his coat and he drove at break-neck speed to get to the nearest ice-cream parlour – he had to beat that Minhyuk!

But... did she want it in a cone or in a cup? He realized that he didn't know that. And did she want a topping? If so, which one? He finally bough several, some in cones, some in cups, some with toppings and one with none.

That took quite a while, and he had to put all that ice-cream into two big bags.

She better be happy with this, he thought, driving back. He almost smiled to himself. She would be so pleased and touched!

But how should he give it to her? Should he just hand her all the bags? Or should he take them out and put each one on the table and explain, "I didn't know which one you wanted, so..."
He never got to do either of those things.

Smiling like an idiot, he went to the living room where he thought she would be stting alone since Minhyuk was gone.

She was sitting down all right – but Minhyuk was still there. And she was eating ice-cream. It was in a cup, with no toppings.

Minhyuk glanced at the doorway, and Junpyo ducked out of sight, clutching the bags tightly.

Minhyuk understood what had happened and smirked, knowing Junpyo could clearly see his face.

Junpyo dashed into the kitchen and dumped the bags on the counter. The maid in there was stunned to see him marching away and called out, "Young master, what shall be done to this pile of icecream?"

He turned angrily and yelled, "Eat it! Throw it! Do whatever you want! I don't care! I just don't care!"

The maid was not surprised with her employer's behaviour.... but what astounded her were the tears clearly glistening in his eyes.

 

**********

 

Eunhye checked the watch and quickly got up from the spare bed of the doctor's restroom. It had been a really good hour long nap. Now she was ready to be back in action! She chuckled at her thought. She sounded like Krystal in her mind. She washed her face and was about to leave the room when Jandi entered. They smiled at each other. 

"Hi, Eun. Nap over?"

"Yep. I will be going to my cabin. I don't have any emergencies now but you never know...."

Jandi nodded and they walked towards Eunhye's cabin. They sat leisurely and drank coffee. Jandi pointed out while sipping, "You know we could've drunk it in the restroom but it is more fun to drink it here."

"Why?" 

"Cause it feels like I 'm having it at your home."

Eunhye smiled. "Aww... really?"

"Yep.Your home looks like a Doctor's Cabin. No difference...." Jandi laughed and got a tissue thrown at her. 

They had a good chit-chat and teasings about nothing. Eunhye looked at her and suddenly remembered, "Did Krystal call you for your bridesmaid's dress?"

Jandi nodded,"Yes.Got it just before coming here. The design is decided and the colour will be selected as soon as possible.Gradually all the preparations are being completed. Just one more month...."   

"Hmmm.... It 'll be a grand wedding. Bin and Krystal both are glowing!" chimed Eunhye.

"Yes...." A memory just flashed in Jandi's mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter