Late Night Talks

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jun...I am scared."

It seemed like ages sinc she had last called him "Jun..."

He took herin his arms, holding her ever so lightly as if he was handling very fragile glass. His heart came to an ease when she did not push him away.

It's been so long...

"Shush... " he murmured softly. "Why are you scared? Can we talk about this? Do-do you wanna talk about this?" He was anxious, sad and angry but he promised that he would be as calm and supportive as possible.

Jaekyung sniffed. Junpyo stretched out his arm and passed the bottle of water to her, which she accepted.

She gulped some contents from it. "I am sorry i didn't say anything about it before. Actually I just cannot understand how to say something. It felt... it felt like an invisible barrier in my mind and my heart was stopping me. As if whatever happened was my fault. As if I am responsible for how she behaved with me that night. I tried Jun! I tried so many times to tell you about everything but I just couldn't. And in this turmoil I behaved like that with you. Before I had you and our friends and family, I used to take care of these types of things alone. Now it is so much better that I have so many peole to talk to, you are there but still I am unable to utter a single word out. This feeling, this burden just...just cannot be explained into words....

And all this made me reluctant to go to you...I am sorry for behaving like that but whenever you were near me I had the instinctive urge to spill everything but as I said that, unseen barrier... All this made me behave like that, mostly unintentionally...I don't even know...Does any of these make sense?!" She let out a deep breathe.

 He softly touched the trail of tears on her face. "Yes it does. Remember we'd read about this PPD. Also you were...shocked and all this suddeness caused this thing. Don't worry..."

Junpyo's assurance really worked. Jaekyung looked at him and smiled a little. "This actualy feels good.Thanks for reaching out to me..."

Junpyo smiled and was about to say something when they heard a tiny cry in the room. Jae Eun was awake and Ju Hyun followed her sister. The new parents sighed and proceeded to take care of them.

Junpyo and Jaekyung attended the young mistresses each. 

Junpyo, after changing Ju Hyun's diaper, held her up. "There you go...now your omma's gonna feed you and your unnie...Okay my love?" Ju Hyun stopped squirming and blinked once as if she could get what her father said. Junpyo was so emerged into the puffy beady eyes, bun cheeks and button nose that it took him some moments to realize Jaekyung was asking him to hand over the baby to her. He placed Ju Hyun close to her and Jaekyung adjusted herself to feed them conveniently. Though she was turned back Junpyo moved his eyes away to provide her more privacy. After a while Jaekyung straighthened up indicating that the nursing was over. He took Jae Eun this time and began to rock her slowly. The Gu sisters looked almost similar but their were some differences if looked closely. Jae Eun was a bit taller and chubbier with a round face whereas Ju Hyun was petite with a slightly oval face. Both of them were mostly quiet. The more the days passed by the more they looked like their father.

After burping the babies they were put in their cots and the couple retreated to their bed. Jaekyung fell asleep as soon as she lied down and Junpyo hugged her again and slept contently after what seemed like forever...

 

*************

 

If Junpyo could have had it his way, he'd have gone at Gongjoo with a pitchfork and bashed her.

"No," said Jihoo firmly at that idea. "We are going to handle this in a responsible and intelligent way-"
"I'M ALL FOR THE PITCHFORKS!" yelled Yijung and Woobin covered his mouth with his hand.

"Don't you start too," he said threateningly.

"See?" said Junpyo triumphantly. "Yijung agrees with me, we should just go and bash-"
"JUNPYO!" yelled Woobin. "Since when has Yijung agreeing to something ever been a good sign?"
Junpyo was temporarily stumped. "This is his turning point," he finally said. "Yijung, you are becoming wiser and wiser."
Jihoo banged his fist on the table just when Yijung had managed to get Woobin's hand off him to say something.

"ENOUGH!" he ordered. "Junpyo, Yijung, cool down or else you won't be included."
No one disobeyed a firm Jihoo – he was giving them both a Look, and though Junpyo could have said a bunch of things like how he should be involved more than anyone because Jaekyung was his wife after all, he kept quiet. No one wanted to provoke Jihoo.

"Thank you," said Jihoo.

"Here's what we'll do," said Woobin. "We'll go and confront Gongjoo with the evidence. Junpyo, can you get Jaekyung's phone?"
Junpyo nodded. His blood froze every time he heard that recording, heard Jaeyung scream and struggle by herself... but she had been calling out his name the entire time...

"So," said Jihoo. "Let's all meet later tonight – Junpyo, get the phone and then call us, ok?"

Junpyo nodded as everyone got up, filing out the door to head back to work.

Junpyo hadn't gone to work at Shinhwa for  a week now... his secretary was handling everything but he had to get back soon. They wanted to confront Goongjoo the very next day of the revelation but she had been out of town since that night. But now she was back so when the story with Gongjoo was over, Junpyo would work again – for now, he had to support Jaekyung.

Sighing, he made his was upstairs and entered the nursery without knocking.

He almost regretted that – almost, because there was a part of him recoiling in horror but the other part... welcoming the sight that greeted him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter