Vows

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junpyo was sitting with his face propped up in his hands, looking at his lovely wife walking to and fro, prepping for a brunch the next day. Their princesses - Junpyo was unable to refer to them as anything else, something that Madam Kang highly disapproved of and claimed he would spoil them rotten - were also there, tucked in their carriers away from the heat. He could not bear to keep them in their room under any maid or nanny's care. Jaekyung thought he was being paranoid but he could not just help it. Besides, when would the over-the-top huge and central temparature-adjusted kitchen be useful?

He smiled a little. Jaekyung was talking to Jessica over the phone, instructing her on some refreshment recipe. It seemed Jessica was in charge of that.

He had been assigned to taste-test the scraps for the perfect end product and he enjoyed it very much – though he knew it was a way to make him stop whining about something.

"Jae, why are we having a brunch at Yi's? Also why are you and others bringing food?" He asked, tilting his head.

Jaekyang hung up and turned around and smirked. "Why? We've this non-written custom that whenever one of us gets married then the rest of us will brunch together the next day, remember?"

Junpyo frowned in confusion.

Jaekyung chuckled, "Well it's Yi's turn to host...."

****

Jihoo was looking at Eunhye talking to Krystal ovr the phone about their upcoming wedding. More like trying to talk her out of it. Krystal was highly enthusiastic about their wedding as she was with everything. She was in a frenzy about it ever since they had told her about their unusual, yet best, proposal.

Eunhye put the phone down and sighed. Jihoo smiled and shook his head. "So how is Krystal keeping up?"

Eunhye shrugged, bored. "Well, it hasn't been worse than with her own bridezilla...yet. She has been just planning whether my wedding gown shall have frills or not..."

Jihoo let out a chuckle but sobered up when he could see Eunhye's disinterest in such things. He took her hand and she looked up at him.

"What is it, Hye? You don't look very interested whenever the girls are discussing anything regarding this wedding... Are you alright?" A small thread of fear creeped within him. They still had not fixed the wedding date. Was she having second thoughts?

She smiled assuringly. "No, Jihoo. I'm very happy and I can't wait to marry you. But all this glam and posh... it's not that I don't like it or anything... I mean, I enjoy them. But for others. Not for me..."

Jihoo relaxed and let out a long breath. Goodness, he had been so scared. Though he no longer had any reason to. He smiled. "You know I also don't like such grand gestures. Never have liked it, to be honest."

"So can we get married without any huge reception or celebration?" she asked, her eyes wide.

"Anytime and anyway you want. I just want to spend my life with you..." He kissed her forehead.

They smiled at each other when suddenly his eyes fell on a file. It had Eunhye's name on it.

"Have you been sick?" He worried.

"Oh this? I forgot to tell you. Kryssie's call and all..." She cleared . " Well, anyway I got some checkups done by Dr. Lee. Everything is fine."

Jihoo raised his eyebrows questioningly. He knew Dr. Lee was another gynaecologist of the hospital; their colleague.

"I just wanted to check everything will be fine for the future," she explained. "I thought to do it, considering the last time. I don't have any problem with conceiving. So hopefully by next year we'll have a baby," She said, as matter of factly as if she was talking about weather.

"What?" Jihoo could not understand anything.

****

He understood the next day when he was burrowed in his bed after a long duty time. He checked his watch, which showed him it was 7 a.m. in the morning. There was a soft sound coming outside his window and a noise of something hitting glass; it seemed someone was throwing small stones at the window. He, being very annoyed at having been woken up like this after a long shift, opened the window, thinking to reprimand the mischievious child chucking stones around. And it was a child.

A big child.

It was Yijung throwing small stones.

"Have you lost your mind?! What on earth are you doing?!" Jihoo yelled, poking his head out of the window. He could see Yijung's bodyguards looking weirdly at them.

Yijung put a finger on his lip and hushed him. Jihoo was about to say something more, about to give him a piece of his mind when Yijung threw another stone at him which hit him on his forehead – it didn't hurt, and Yijung had excellent aim. But it annoyed him to no end. He rubbed the place angrily to see Yijung laugh and his bodyguards trying not to.

"Stop this nonsense at once!" Jihoo yelled, shutting the window so he coudn't get hit again. Yijung rolled his eyes and gestured frantically for him to look behind him. Jihoo sighed and shook his head. First, he'd get the stone and maybe throw it at Yijung, before going back to bed. He found the stone easily, but it was wrapped in a paper with writing on it. He opened it. After reading it, he began to shake a little with exitement, confusion and a little fear.

Yijung threw another stone at the window and Jihoo rushed to see him; he gestured wildly and mouthed HURRY!!!! Jihoo asked him to come upstairs but he shook his head and looked here and there as if trying to be cautious about something. Jihoo quickly rushed to the bathroom and got himself ready. He decided on wearing a new white shirt from Eunhye, black trousers, coat and a grey silk tie.

He dashed downstairs to find Yijung already in his car. He got in with a huge grin matching his friend's one.

"You knew about this?!" His tone was high-pitched.

"We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter