Forgotten Faces

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"White shirt and blue jeans...I hope she will like it." Yijung checked himself in the mirror one last time. It had been a long time since he had been on a date. After talking over various things and matters for days, they decided to give it a chance. Yijung had asked her to decide where they would be going. Jessica said she would decide and text him but he had to be ready by then. The text tone brought his attention. He should have guessed it when she asked him to wear something so casual. But he did not expect it from her. He replied that he would be there in ten minutes and drove off, praying that there would be no traffic.

 He thanked his luck to be on time. No traffic on a Saturday evening! Must be Fate trying to get them together... alright! He would stop right there. He was turning into Woobin now... no way did he want that!

 It was a busy street. So many peole were out to enjoy the weekend with their family, partners and friends. In the past, when he had seen them, he had often wondered how they could look so happy...

"Hey! Yijung! Yi! Over here!"

He turned around and spotted his date. She was sitting in front of a food stall and stuffing with fish cakes. She waved at him and he sat next to her. She never failed to surprise him. Okay, he was not only turning into Woobin... he was turning into Jihoo and Junpyo as well. 

Jessica bumped her shoulder to his. "Sup, So? Do you like my date idea?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

He laughed. "Honestly I wasn't expecting you to ask for a date here, Jessica...but it's awesome."

She smiled and ordered for one more plate. "Well I try..." She winked.

They began to eat and talk about differennt things, Yijung taking the oppurtunity to stare at her. She was gorgeous. No matter how and where she was. Even when she was in a simple yellow shirt and black trousers.

"Where did you park your car?" She asked, finishing her soup.

"Yeah? Oh over there..." He pointed in the direction, a little far away where other cars were. ​​​"Yours?"

"Hmm...? I didn't bring mine..." 

"You walked here...?"

To which Jessica nodded. Yijung shook his head and smiled. He had been smiling a lot lately. And it was due to her.

"I love to walk here you know...you get to see different people and things and I usually do this since it inspires me for my designs..." She smiled.

"Your clothing line would be launched soon.... are you excited?"

"And nervous!" She breathed, smiling. 

He smiled back. May be this time love would not hurt him. 

"Oh hurry up!! We'll miss the movie!! then we have to get dinner as well." She quickly stood up.

They left the shop. They were about to reach his car when they heard a voice...

"Ewww...this is soooo cheap and awful?! Yuck!!"

Jessica sneered. "This people! Why do they even leave their houses if they find everything so 'cheap and awful', so annoying!" She shook her head in irritation. 

Yijunng laughed and by instinct they turned around to see the person who was...

"Choi Ginger?!" Yijung quipped, recognizing that girl. 

Jessica loked at him."You know her?"

"Yup," he replied. "She was in our school. The rich bratty girl...The Queenkas. She and two of her friends. Gosh, it has been like almost 8 years..." He shrugged.

"Ahaah!! 'The Mean Girls'!! Had such in my school and college too!! Beat them up as well..." She sounded so pleased.

"A brave gal you are!" He patted her shoulder comically.

She nudged him and smirked, "Wanna say hi to her?"

Yijung quickly shook his head."No way!! I know it's rude but if I do that then we may not be able to leave before the morning c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter