The Big Day

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaekyung checked on the wedding cake and the dessert table. She came early and now just hoped everyone liked it as well. She moved, after giving instructions to her workers, to where the bride and the bridemaids were waiting. On the way her eyes wandered aaround the wedding hall, taking in the gorgeous decorations, flowers, aisle, everything. Though she knew how the whole arrangements would be, it was a treat for the eyes after it was laid out. It was as if every single part, every single segment of the place was oozing with Krystal and Woobin's happiness, laughter, mutual understanding and....love.

She chuckled at the thought of Krystal's excitement and joy as she was eagerly getting ready to marry Woobin. She had never seen any bride this elated. Well, on the second thought, how many brides she had seen? She realized the only wedding she had ever been to was her own and that one was definitely not a good example.

She sighed. Even in the most eccentric ways she got what she wanted. A carrier and kids.

She turned towards the exit and saw Junpyo with a water bottle and a granola bar in his hand. He had an important meeting so they arrived separately.He was just staring at her with an open mouth and....red cheeks? She walked towards him, called him but no reply. She had to pat him to get him out of the trance.

"I....I was looking for you. You must not have eaten anything for  hours. Here, have this granola bar. Then you can have the meds after dinner."

She took the bar gratefully and began to eat it, not paying attention to the idoit staring at her and a lady looking at them.

Junpyo had rushed to the venue immediately after his meeting. He met the guys and went to look for Jaekyung. He guessed she would at the kitchen area, from where he heard about her being busy for the whole day. He appreciated her zeal for her work but could not help worrying. He had taken the bar and bottle before spotting a lady in red at the hall and had some problem in breathing, all of the sudden....

They felt someone's eye on them, making them turn around. 

Jandi was looking for Jaekyung to get her something to eat. But it seemed she did not have to get worried....

Junpyo was scowling where the women smilled at each other. Jaekyung poked him with her elbow and indicated at her with her eyes making him annoyed.Yet she was persistant and they communicated without words. Jandi could see their easy-going exchange and felt....

"I am sorry," a voice said sincerely.

She snapped her head at Junpyo. Junpyo was apologizing?!

"I am sorry I yelled at you so badly that day and did not talk to you when you apologized later. I got mad and scared. Hope you understand...." He mumbled looking somewhere else.

" Oh! No of course your reaction was absolutely normal. I'm sorry too" She quipped.

Junpyo nodded at her. Jaekyung seemed to relax and asked her to join her to Krystal's room.

They excused themselves to walk back and Jandi saw Junpyo looking at their direction. She could understand where his gaze was and it was not on her. Not anymore. She tried to bite back the disappointment, but it kept lingering deep down.

 

*   *   *   *

 

Yijung rolled his eyes and helped himself to a glass of champagne. Everywhere he looked, people were together – couples were everywhere. And Woobin would be so cheesy for a while after the marriage that it would be gross and Yijung was mentally going through the list of places he could lock up the lovesick idiot. At least they would be gone on their honeymoon for a while – that would spare Yijung the worst cheesiness, he hoped.

Yijung wasn't jealous, don't get him wrong. Heck, why would he be jealous? Having just one person to cherish for your entire life wasn't everything. Nor was having someone to lean on. Or having someone cherish you.

He shook his head. Whatever. This was just his buddy's wedding, why did he have to think of things like this?
He took a sip of champagne and choked. There, talking to a guest, was a girl who seemed suspiciously familiar. He could recognize that posture which radiated confidence, the sparkling eyes, and the way she brushed back her hair every now and then with her elegant fingers.

Miss Kiss...

He hastened toward her, but was cut off by Woobin. "Hey, Yi!"
She smiled and turned to another guest.

"Hi....." muttered Yijung, watching as she strolled around with the guest.

"You seem a bit distracted," said Woobin. "Is anything wrong?"
She disappeared in the crowd. Darn, he lost her again...

"I saw her," he said hoarsely.

"Who?"
"Miss Kiss."
Woobin burst out laughing. "You're delirious! This is my wedding, Yi, and I'm pretty sure that none of the guests here would kiss some random guy on the street."
"I'm a very handsome random guy," said Yijung indignantly. "And I told you, it was to shoo away her boyfriend or whatever."
Woobin scanned the crowd. "You must have imagined her to be here."

"I did not!" yelled Yijung.

Woobin winced. "Shut up! Don't yell."
"Sorry," muttered Yijung. "Just... I did not imagine it ok? Miss Kiss is here!"
Woobin sighed. "Whatever you say then. Just... please don't go competely insane ok? This is my wedding – it's the best day of my life!"
"Isn't that usually what the bride is supposed to say?"
"Is it?" He became suddenly flustered, and gripped Yijung's sleeve urgently. "Yi... what if she doesn't like me?"

Yijung stared at him. Wow. Wedding nerves. But this was too much.

"Are you nuts?" he demanded. " Like you?! Dude! She's crazy about you! She's in there, in her room, singing loudly about 'My Binnie-Bin!' Seriously, what's with you two? Usually it's the bride who's nervous – here it's you, whereas the bride is over the moon!"
"Is she really?" asked Woobin anxiously. "Promise?"
Yijung let out an impatient sigh. "You are honestly the stupidest person on earth."
Woobin seemed to not hear him. Instead, he asked, "Do you think it's the right decision?"
"What the hell, dude? Is this really the time to think about that? It's too late – you're doing it, that's the end of it."
"You know what? I can't do this." Woobin shook his head.
"Whoa! there." Yijung caught him by the arm. "Where are you going, mister? Your bride is here, she can't wait to marry you."
"But-"
"And you know that you want to marry her, so don't be an idiot. OK yes, commitment can be a scary thing-"
Woobin snorted, which Yijung thought best to ignore – it wouldn't look very good if the groom had a blackeye, and more importantly, Krystal would beat him to a bloody pulp if he dared hit her 'Binnie-Bin.'

"- but it's what you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter