Resolution

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaekyung might have never admited it before, but she missed him. She missed Lee Minhyuk, that idiot who was the reason she survived university and was back in Korea for her cafe. Hmmm... would he have told her to go to Korea if he had known she would be forced to marry Junpyo?

Things would have been so different then.

If she had not married Junpyo, she would still be in the USA. With Minhyuk... it was so strange to think that in all those years their friendship had not developed into something else. People didn't believe them when they denied they were dating. They never dated, but there were some moments Jaekyung felt that what they had was more than friendship.

If she had not married Junpyo, she would have found out.

If she had not married Junpyo, she would not have been so desperate as to ask him for a child through IVF, she would not have stood there in humiliation as he answered her with silence.

She didn't see him for two days – he went out early morning, and returned late at night.

He's avoiding her, she thought. He's trying to avoid everything....

It was on Junpyo's third day of silence that things changed.

Jaekyung got a phonecall from someone who should have called sooner, who should have been there...

"Minhyuk," she said,trying to keep the emotion out of her voice.

"Jaekyung." His voice sounded small and far away. "A-are you ok?"
Really, what a cruel question...

"What do you think?" she asked. "Do you think I am ok in this situation? And... why didn't you call me before?"
"I tried to, I promise. It's just... some things happened."
"I see." She did not see at all. Minhyuk had turned his back on her at a time when she needed him the most.

"If you had called," she said. "Maybe things would have been different."
"I don't know... you would have still married that guy."
"I wouldn't have," she suddenly said. "If you had called, things would have been so much different."
Jaekyung, I-"
The line went dead.

*      *    *   *

Woobin sat down opposite Krystal. "Remind me why you wanted to meet in a coffeeshop again."
She beamed."Because it's cozy! And I like cozy dates!"
Woobin coughed awkwardly and hurriedly took a sip of his hot chocolate.

"That's so cute, you know," said Krystal.

"H-huh?"
"That you drink hot chocolate – that's cute! And I like cute guys."
Woobin felt a familiar heat creep up his face and thankfully Krystal changed the subject.

"Did you hear about what Jaekyung is going to do?" She gave him no time to reply. "She is going to get pregnant, but it won't be naturally – you know, through IVF. Except I don't know if Junpyo will agree, given their relationship and all."
Woobin nodded. "They haven't been married that long, though. They could have waited for a child."
She shook her head. "That evil Kang woman is in it."
"Ah." He understood now. "Still, to do it like that.... and the worst part is, I don't think Junpyo will agree."
Her face fell. "I knew it...."
"He is the most stubborn guy I have evr known – and trust me, I've known him forever and he has never done something he doesn't want to."
Krystal nodded, then blurted, "We won't have to do that, right?"

Woobin almost choked."W-what?"
Krystal's face held no trace of mischief; she was dead serious. "I don't want to do what Jaekyung is doing. I want to have children, and I want to have them with you. I want to have them naturally." She suddenly grinned, a glint in her eyes. "I want them made with love."

Woobin thought he would slide off the chair in his embarrassment – they hadn't even kissed yet, what was she saying?

"How many babies do you want?" she aked, excited all of a sudden.

"H-huh?"
"I want five – when I was a kid it was just me and my sister, and we were left to the nannies since my mother died when I was little and my father was always busy."

A shadow of sadness fell across her face; without even thinking Woobin reached out to take her hand.

"I know how that feels," he said in a low voice.

Krystal smiled, and suddenly she was excited again. "You didn't answer my question! So how many do you want? I want at least three..."
"OK," he said softly. Anything to make her happy... they could have twenty children if she wanted...

"I've seen all the pictures of you when you were a baby! You were so cuuuuute!" she cooed, reaching over and pulling his cheeks. "I hope they look as cute as you!"

Woobin's face went dark red.... it was impossible for anyone to blush a darker shade than he was....

"I promise I will try to be the best mom to our children," she said, suddenly serious. "I know I'm far from perfect and I don't know how to be a mother as I never really had one, but I will try really, really hard."
Woobin always tried to follow her when she went from excited to serious then to excited again and then to sad. Honestly she was like an emotional rollercoaster – but it was cute. It didn't annoy him as it annoyed others.

"I'll tell you one thing," he said softly. "You will be the best mom to our kids, I know you will. And I promise to be a good dad."

She smiled, and it told him that she was ok again – Krystal smiled, so Woobin's world was back to normal.

They spent the next hour drinking hot chocolate – "That's so cuuuute!" - and fighting over cake – "Yah, that's my piece!!" "Is not!" - until Krystal checked her phone and saw that it was time to go.

"Already?" said Woobin.

"Aigoo, is my Binnie sad?" she said in a high-pitched voice. "Don't worry, soon we'll be living together and you won't ever get away from me – even in sleep, because I will hug you all night."
Woobin blushed a bit and she grinned. "Come on."
He took her hand and walked her out. "Can I take you home?"
"It's all right, my driver will be here in a few seconds. Oh, and Woobin?"
"Yeah?"
"What do you think the chances are that I'll get pregnant by the first month of our marriage?"
"WOW!!!" someone yelled from behind them. "Now THAT is something!"
They turned to see Yijung grinning his smug-how-fun-I-get-to-teas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter