Rejuvenation

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Junpyo gathered Jaekyung's trembling body in his arms and saw the nurses rushing towards them. They helped him to move her to a room and made her lie down on the bed. He kept on calling her name but he got no response. Every second felt like a century. He could not understand why Eunhye and Jihoo barged into the room and Jihoo taking him out in the waiting room; everything was blurry and he could not understand what was happening. He rubbed his face with his hand and found something sticky on it. Jihoo looked at him and patted his shoulder when they heard a nurse calling him to come aside.

"Sir, There has been a big mistake. Someone accidentally spilled some medicinal alcohol on the stairs and did not wipe it. Mrs. Jaekyung must have not seen it and slipped. Since it was alcohol, it must not have been poured long before the accident as this type of solvent is very volatile. So we are going to ask who carried such type of solvent around so carelessly."

Jihoo frowned at this information but inside he was very angry. Such type of careless activity from the staff member of the best hospital in the country was absolutely unacceptable.

"Ask each and everyone and find that useless person!" His voice was shaking with fury.

The nurse gulped and left. Jihoo shook his head and turned to see Junpyo standing at the door of the room. Jihoo sighed,

"Jun, listen..."

"Listen?! Listen?! I've listened enough!! Do you even realise what has happened?! What if?! ....." He could say no more. His outburst was able to draw a lot of attention from the people present there. Jihoo caught him and made him sit but he leapt up again, shaking with fury.

"WHY?! WHY DID NOT COME WITH HER?! I AM THEIR FATHER.... JUST BECAUSE JAEKYUNG NEVER ASKED ME I DIDN'T TAG ALONG!! WHY WAS I WAITING FOR HER WORDS?? I CAN COME WHENEVER SHE HAS AN APPOINTMENT!! I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO AND IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO!! WHY ARE THEY NOT LETTING ME IN?!" He looked at the door as though it had done some great wrong to him.

"JIHOO...JIHOO.... CAN YOU BELIEVE MY EXCUSE?! CAN YOU?! I'VE FAILED MY KIDS EVEN BEFORE THEY ARE BORN!! WILL THEY BE FINE?! WILL I BE ABLE TO BE A GOOD FATHER EVER?!...."

Junpyo's rambling and yelling went on for several minutes which caused the suspicion and speculation about his mental condition among those within hearing dstance – which was quite a lot, as he was so loud. Jihoo closed the door and just looked at his friend keenly to feel his own heart break at seeing him in such distress. He wanted to console him but could not say anything soothing in this matter.

Because he knew how serious it could be.

He stood up and tried to sound calm and collected. "Jun I'll go inside to and check on them."

It was taking way too much time and also getting tough for him to see his best friend in this state.

Junpyo quickly turned at him," YES!! Please go, man and tell me what is happening in there!! OH GOD!! Why are they taking so long?!" His impatience was vivid. Jihoo put a hand on him and then went into the pre-occupied room.

Minhyuk rushed into the waiting room to find Junpyo sitting with his face buried in his hands. He was quite baffled seeing him there. He urgently asked, " How's Jae?"

Junpyo raised his face from his hands, revealing his tear-stricken face, blood red eyes. "INSIDE". His voice was ice cold and if looks could kill Minhyuk felt he would have died there 10 times by now.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

Minhyuk was about to retort when he realized that Junpyo's words were not directed towards him. He turned to see a lady doctor with tears running down her face.

"Jandi....Yes. She is Jandi." He recalled seeing her snaps in Jaekyung's cellphone and pretty much knew about her connection with them. "But why is he....?"

"How's unnie? " She was worried to death.

"Oh! You came here to ask about her condition? Ok.... Guess what? I DON'T KNOW!! I DO NOT HAVE ANY FREAKING IDEA ABOUT IT!!" Junpyo was fuming.

Jandi gulped. "Junpyo, I am really sorry! Very, Very sorry! I was completely absent minded. Everything happened so suddenly that even before I understood anything she fell and I could not help her! I was too shocked!"

"How about letting Jae hold the railing of the stairs or holding her hands? Or asking her to keep the steps properly or just remembering a pregnant woman is with you so that you've to be a little more careful?! HUH??"

Jihoo's mouth fell open to hear Junpyo scream at her like this from inside. He tried to hold Junpyo back but he wasn't finished.

"Fine! ok! Fine! You were shocked! I got that! What the hell were you thinking? If I or the nurses would not have come were you gonna stand there like a statue and let her lay on the floor?! How can you call youself a doctor?! You call Jae Unnie?!" Junpyo's face was murderous.

Jandi broke into fresh tears."I'm VERY sorry. You know that I'll never hurt Unnie. She's so special to me!"

Junpyo frowned and sneered,"Jandi! I AM NOT BLAMING YOU FOR DOING SOMETHING!! I AM BLAMING YOU FOR NOT DOING ANYTHING TO HELP HER!"

They were lucky that this part of Junpyo's outburst was not heard by other people as they were alone in the waiting room with a closed door. Or else Jandi's reputation, as a doctor, would have been questioned.

Minhyuk was standing there like a mute throughout with only Jaekyung in mind. He had nothing to do with this nuisance. He just hoped all was fine. Jandi was looking downwards. She could not believe that in her life there would be a day when she would not be able to look into Junpyo's eyes and talk. God knows how she would face her Unnie...

Jihoo quickly said before there was another outburst,"If you already forgot then let me remind you that this is a hospital. So you please better check your temper or else leave."

Junpyo fell quiet only to panic again after about a minute."How's Jaekyung and the babies?"

Jihoo gave a small smile."They are out of danger now but...."

Before he could even finish Junpyo tried to rush into the room only to be stopped by Eunhye, "Please be quiet. We are very lucky that her belly did not collide with the floor as she hugged her middle part with her arms tightly at the right moment. Her hands hurt but nothing serious at all. We took some time to regulate the babies' heartbeat and both fetuses are fine. Also there is no sign of bleeding. It is just that the fall was so sudden Jae got very scared and the trauma may affect the babies. So I would like to ask you to behave yourselves and just not stress her. AT ALL."

They sighed in relief and entered. They saw Jaekyung lying on the bed and sleeping, looking exhausted. But since the last injection was suppose to be given on time, she had to be woken up. Eunhye slowly called her name and shook her hand softly. She stirred to open her eyes and saw everyone.

Jandi immediately apologized which was quickly dismissed by Jaekyung's small smile and reassurring nod. Everyone in the room seemed to let go of a huge burden and Jaekyung turned to look at a certain person in the room.

Minhyuk ran to her before him and Junpyo just stood a little far from the bed with a face that reflected different emotions that were coursing through him. He promised himself not to cause any chaos. This behaviour of Minhyuk was rather odd for Eunhye and Jihoo who could easily detect another "love-triangle"in the room. But then Eunhye observed something.

Jaekyung was only nodding to Minhyuk's questions and looking straight at Junpyo's face. They were looking at each other. She pointed her hand towards him and slowly called him, "Junpyo...."

This small

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter