Emotions

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junpyo came to the hospital before his family arrived. The young mistresses were getting vaccinated.The previous night Junpyo told Jaekyung that The F4 had interrogated Gongjoo, leaving out the part about his way of 'punishing' her, because Jaekyung would have refused. For Junpyo, it was either this or jail-time for that woman – if he had his way, she'd be rottin in a dungeon but he was trying very hard to be reasonable. He had called Jandi and asked her to meet in the hospital before his daughters' vaccinations, and she had agreed since she would be free during that time.

Junpyo took a deep breathe and walked towards Jandi's cabin.

Jandi had been quite surprised when she had gotten Junpyo's call. She wondered what he wanted to discuss; he had sounded so serious...

Her thoughts got interrupted by a knock on the door. She asked the person to come in and Junpyo entered. His face was solemn and a bit...sad.

"Hey, is everything alright?" she asked with concern.

"Hmm...? Umm...Yes. I mean, no. I mean...Let's get to the point. Do you remember the night of my daughters' birth?"

Jandi shuddered internally. She may never forget that night. Her Jae unni alone in a dark, isolated parking lot at midnight. It was so fortunate for them that they found her on time. The blood...She did not want to remember it.

"What about the night?" she asked. "I mean what happened?"

"Before you guys found her... well..." He took out a cellphone which Jandi knew belonged to Jaekyung.

Junpyo sighed. "I'm sorry Jandi..." He played the recording.

Jandi frowned but the confusion on her face was soon replaced by shock. She could hear her mother's voice clearly, talking with Jaekyung. Her mother's accussations, claims, argument and the end where it could be clearly heard that she abandoned Jaekyung and left.

Jandi could not stop her tears. She knew her mother could be stubborn and selfish but she had crossed all her limits. How could she even do that?! Why?! For her?! What kind of motherly love was that which could harm three innocent lives this way?

She did not even know how to apologize to Jaekyung and Junpyo. Would she ever be able to be their friend again?

"Junpyo, I...how...I mean..." She was at loss.

Junpyo nodded understandingly. "We have confronted your mother last night. She said that she did it for your happiness. And I completely failed to understand that part! How can harming my family will ensure your happiness?!"

"Junpyo I swear I have no idea she would...." Jandi choked.

"No, no. I've no doubt that you are not involved." Junpyo assurred her.

"Junpyo, you are free to take any action against my mother. I won't say a single word." Jandi finalized.

"Yes, about that. I thought of taking action against your mother but I won't. Since she'd done this for you, I would like you to decide what you want to do... I thought that will be a proper one."

Jandi looked at him and was baffled. "But why? Why won't you punish her? Why me?!"

Junpyo smiled a little. "Will you be able to forgive or be normal with her again?"

Jandi vigorously shook her head. Though she might love her mother but something in her extinguished for her which would never be reformed.

"Exactly. I think that is punishment enough."

Jandi looked at him closely. He was dressed as fashionably as he had always been. Curly hair well combed and not a single speck of dirt on his shoes. Except there was a difference...

Before she could stop herself she asked. "What made you take such a decision?"

Junpyo leaned back in his chair and sighed. "Well I don't know...it's just... I thought about your father, your brother Kang San and to be honest, of you. What will happen to your family if she is jailed? I mean your dad is getting old, your brother will face a lot of backlash and his career will be in trouble, not to forget the humiliation..."

Jandi blinked. The difference she was looking for, Junpyo had grown up. The person who was sitting in front of her was not the Junpyo, the immature and headstrong boy she dated. He was a man, a husband and a father.

"I am so embarassed that even apologizing won't be enough as well as so gateful that 'thank you' would be so trivial. You've changed Junpyo, like really. "

Junpyo ran a hand in his hair. "Well if it is true then all the credit goes to my ladies." He smilled slightly while thinking about them. Then he remembered something; he cleared his throat but hesitated, "Umm...Jandi can...can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

Junpyo lowered his eyes."Well in the recording Mrs. Gongjoo was claiming that you got hurt whenever you saw me and Jaekyung together. And thatyou even cried... she said the same thing to me last night. Jandi.. we didn't, I mean..." He does not know how to finish his question.

Jandi wanted to leave the room and never face Junpyo and Jaekyung ever again. Could this be any more embarassing?

"Junpyo I...I don't know what to say...except that I am sorry. Sorry for breaking off our relationship, Sorry that what that decision did to you and Jae unni and then my mother...Oh God!!!" She began to sob.

"Jandi, Jandi it's alright now. Really. You will always have a place in my heart. Afterall, you were my first love. But yes, your mom was right about one thing..."

Jandi tilted her head. "What?"

"That I broke my promise to you...my promise that I will always love you unconditionally and you shall be the only one for me..."

Jandi shook her head frantically. "No!! I ended everything!! And you two got stuck because of me!!"

"W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter