Dangerous Measures

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello Ginger..." Jihoo greeted coldly. Yijung was standing just behind him, his eyes looking daggers at her.

Ginger looked up at him. They had been interrogating her for weeks now and they were always presented with the same answer. She thought they were being gradually convinced but then why were they here again...?

"Wh-why are you here? I've spoken truthfully and now I'm even being charged... so what is it now?" She kept avoiding eye-contact with them.

"DON'T LIE YOU EVIL WOMAN!!" Yijuung launched at her spitefully. "THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE WHO PLANNED ALL THIS WITH YOU!!'

Ginger should thank her luck that Jihoo was there at that time or else...

"Listen, Ginger..." said Jihoo, almost pleadingly. "It's a life threatening emergency here...Look, Jaekyung and Jae Eun have been missing for three days now and we cannot find them even after combing through the whole city... and there are no calls for ransom or any clue to get to them... We believe that...no, scratch that! We know that you have some idea about who could do such a thing to them... So please! Please help us out!! Show some humanity! Not to Jun, not to Jae but to those little girls who are suffering for no reason at all..." Jihoo sighed. This woman was really testing their patience.

"Listen Woman!! It is obvious that you cannot plan and do such things all on your own!! You've to have an accomplice or partner!! Who is still game!! Now are you continuing these evil plans of yours?! Come on!! Tell us!!" Yijung is hyperventilating.

Ginger could not say anything. Neither agreeing nor denying.

Oh God!! What is he doing?!

"Ginger... Please, we all know you have a partner in crime..." said Jihoo. "If you do not reveal the name the police are going  to charge you with destruction of property, felony, as well as kidnapping...  it seems that the person you are protecting does not at all care about you... He or she goes away after commiting all these crimes and you have to pay for your ill-doings along with his and in all of this, four people will suffer for maybe all their lives!!

"Why are you quiet?!" said Jihoo, starting to get more impatient. "Still?! What is it?! Are you afraid?! That the person may harm you in return?! Ginger, we've repeatedly told you that we'll provide you with protection and I, Yoon Jihoo, personally promise that he or she can do no such things!! Please! For once be a little considerate...not to anyone but those two innocent little girls..."

They sat in silence for a while then. Yijung was on the verge of tearing out his hair. Ginger was lucky that Woobin was busy looking for Jaekyung and Jae Eun and did not visit her. Jihoo sighed and shook his head slowly. He got up from the chair and slowly turned around to leave the room. His hand was on the knob when...

"Jihoo sunbae..."

 

*********

 

There was chaos in the Gu mansion for 3 days now. Junpyo just got home. He had been on the street moving from one place to another in search of his wife and daughter. He had lived through hell these 3 days... and had not meet his younger daughter for almost  days...Guilt overwhelmed his heart...towards his women.

Joo Hyun had been under her aunts' care and all this had caused him to unintentionally neglect his daughter...

 

He dragged himself to their shared bedroom which he internally dreaded to enter. Each and every single thing there reminded him of his Jaekyung and Jae Eun. No matter how devastated he felt he should have never ignored Joo Hyun. What would Jaekyung think?! Moreover how could he do that?!...

He walked towards Joo Hyun's cot. She was lying on her side looking at the wall but as always turned her head a little to sense her appa. The corners of Junpyo's lips curved upwards at his daughters' ability...his daughters'...

He peered at her. Joo Hyun was looking at him now with quiet round eyes with the absence of her over excited greeting to her father. He picked her up and looked at her tiny face. His Joo Hyun had never been so gloomy and silent. Where was the chubby, babbling, playful baby? The part of his soul?...

Where were his other parts of soul? He almost choked...

"Hey baby... I am so so sorry I couldn't even meet you for so long... Please forgive appa..." His voice was strained.

The child looked into her father's eyes once and put her small head on his shoulder.

Junpyo sniffed her head and sighed...God! He missed his family!! Why was he being subjected to such misery...?!

"Baby...I know you miss your mom and sister...Don't worry love Appa will find them...they are safe... I know...They are fi-finneee..." This time he could not stop himself. He hugged her tightly and began to sob loudly.

Joo Hyun as if understanding her father's plight, joined him. They cried for a long time with Junpyo repeatedly asking for forgiveness.

Their pain did not go unnoticed. Four ladies stood silently at the door, going through the same ordeal. 

"Jun..." his sister called for him softly. He turned to see them and failed to gain composure when he saw Junhee's tearful eyes.

"I-I'm sorry noona...It hu-hurts...it hurts so much..." He sat down on the bed still cluthing his little child like a life line. Junhee almost ran to her brother and held him, crying.

"Jae...where is she?!  We were...we were supposed to go on our first vacation...as a family...I even got the tickets confirmed...how?! how is she now....? My baby....My Jae Eun...Is she hurt?! She is cold...You know...you know noona... My Jae Eun just cannot tolerate even a little chilly weather...is she being fed?! She is supposed to be fed both solids as well as by Jae...

"Jae... Is she eating as well?! Is she hurt?! Oh God!! Are they hurt?! Are they hurt by the fire?! The smoke, the heat?! They must had a hard time...! My baby is so small!! My Jae could not tolerate smoke at all!! Imagine her, despite being a chef!! Where she has to be around fire all the time!! Did someone...someone get her a glass of cold water?! Otherwise stays clogged!!

WHY?! WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT?! HOW HAVE MY WIFE AND MY DAUGHTER HARMED ANYONE?! IS IT BECAUSE OF ME?! DOES SOMEONE HATE ME SO MUCH THAT INSTEAD OF PUNISHING ME THEY DID THIS?! WHERE

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter