Confirmations & Reactions

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For Jaekyung  the wait did not seem to end. A huge bubble of anxiety and hope was forming within her that was ready to pop out anytime. It was the identical feeling that she had in the morning when she was waiting for the two lines to be formed on the pregnancy test, or a plus sign on the other. Both the tests lived upto her expectations. So without any delay she called Junhee to accompany her to the hospital. Eunhye told her to get herself tested at home at first after four weeks of implantation and come to the hospital, no matter what the result would have been. Jaekyung was monitored precisely by her dear friends Jandi and Eunhye; and she was grateful for it. She stopped taking any stress, did not do any heavy work and make sure to have a healthy diet. Junhee was always there and not to forget Krystal. Even Junpyo asked about her health. Now that was unexpected. Somewhere within herself Jaekyung knew that she was pregnant when she missed her menstrual cycle a week ago. The positive tests at home boosted her confidence and now it was only needed to be confirmed....

Junhee hold her hand and pressed. "Don't worry Jae. I believe everything is fine. The reports will be positive." Jaekyung smiled at her and the door of cabin opened, revealing a smiling Eunhye. She quickly closed the door and walked to them, "Congratulations Jae, the reports are positive. So my dear..."

"You are PREGNANT !!!" 

 It felt as is those three words made her feel alive. As if they gifted her a new life to live. Jaekyung smiled and touched her yet flat stomach lightly. May be when someone is happy beyond limits they do not know how to express.... A light sniffing sound could be heard. They looked at Junhee who was drying her eyes, " Sorry, I am just very happy.... let inform our family!!!" She jumped out of the room with a big smile on her face. Eunhye, looking at Jaekyung, " You are perfectly healthy so are the fetuses." Jaekyung opened to say something but Eunhye stopped her, " Yes, JaeKyung both the implants are successful. If everything goes well for the next 8 months you'll have 2 babies with you." Jaekyung does not know how to express her elation."Oh my goodness!!!" They turned their head to see Junhee gaping." I came to ask you whether I should call your mom," Jaekyung smiled. Junhee ran out again." Eun what are the injections you were talking about?" 

"Jae, you are having twins and also it is not a natural one. So to maintain the pregnancy you can get injected with progesterone. Since you do not have any other complications you do not need to get them for 9 months. The first three months on the same date without fail."

Jaekyung as she had said before was ready to do everything and anything for her child, well now.... children. "It is fine with me as I know I have to get other injections throughout the pregnancy." 

"Yes, Jae true but these are special injections that are administered directly into your backbone to your spinal cord at the same spot everytime. Though you have to go through it for 3 times it is very painful." Jaekyung, at any other time, would have been scared but it seemed the fear and worries were diminished into a fierce determination to ensure the safety and health of the most important treasures of her life. "I'll do it. Let me get the first injection today itself." Eunhye smiled and called for the nurse."After this I am gonna call everyone and give the good news. They are at Woobin's house so they will know about it together." Jaekyung thought it was a brilliant idea. 

 

********

 

Krystal was skipping from one room to another, showing them around, beaming with excitement. After all it was a house warming party at Woobin's new home.... no, Binnie's home....Her Binnie's home.... Their home.... she squealed at the thought gaining everyone's attention. She shrugged gaining a bewildered look from the guests. Though Yijung and Gaeum were avoiding each other, but they were having a good time with others.

The house was bigger than his previous one, suitable for a family. It was chosen and decorated according to the future Mrs. Song. Krystal would move in after their marriage. And they would have to wait for 3 months more. It was quite unusual to think they had been courting for almost a year now. Woobin could see the pleased and bright look on her face making him feel butterfies lurking within his stomach. He smiled at her and followed them around.

They settled in the living room. "It would have been great if Eun, Jae and Jun could join us."Krystal mused."Well, Jun is out of town for some  business meeting though he called and congratulated us." Woobin answered. "Well, if  Eun did not had her shift and had not promised to visit later, I would have never talked to her." She added.

Jihoo smiled at this and was quite relieved that their women got along very well. They were chatting about many different things and Yijung did not fail to tease Woobin and make other's laugh. Suddenly Krystal said, "Oh my goodness! I forgot that today Jae is gonna get her reports. She called me this morning before visiting the hospital. I wonder what will be the result?! I really hope it is positive." She crossed her fingers, closed her eyes and prayed quickly. Jandi smiled at her," Don't worry, I'm sure everything is fine. Besides, it is a try-out. It is okay if it does not work out." She said in a gentle yet professional voice.

"I still cannot believe Jun agreed. I mean is he even ready to be a father?" Yijung said in a confused voice. "Well we will get to know it soon." Jihoon smiled widely. Everyone turned their attention to him."Eun just texted. Jae is pregnant!"

A loud cheering could be heard form Krystal who had begun dancing around. Everyone was grinning and was amused. "WOW! Can you believe our Jun is gonna be a dad in less than a year?! That is just....AMAZING!!!"  Yijung shouted and joined Krystal. The rest of them were laughing at their antics. "Oh I m gonna call unnie to congratulate her!!" Jandi took out her phone."Me too, me too!" Krystal rushed to her. The girls called Jaekyung and began to talk. Woobin looked at Jihoo, grinning, "Does Jun know yet?" Jihoo turned to others,"No one is gonna tell Jun anything! Eun said that Jae is going to tell him personally." Krystal beamed, "Of course!! It is a very special news for both of them!"

"I wonder how Jun will react? What he'll do...? Well my buddy did it without doing anything...." a notorious smirk appeared on Yijung's face. Krystal tilted her head trying to understand what he meant and the other made faces at him annoyed. Woobin slapped his head and everyone again began to laugh and talk boisterously. "Let us toast to the new turning point in JUNJAE's life and for a prosperous and happy future!" They cheered with their glasses b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter