The Baby Shower

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Authors' note: Here are some links which may help to visualize the event easily.  It will be 2 of every item here.Please enjoy (and PS: we find that stuff so cute we can't even...!) XD

crib pic 

baby clothes : 1 , 2 , 3, 4, 5, 

baby shower idea: 1

GIFTS:

1+2  (both)

 

"What's all this for?" demanded Krystal, eyes wide as saucers, pointing at the decorations.

Jihoo coughed and nudged Woobin, who had his hands in his pockets determinedly looking anywhere besides at her. It seemed she was planning to have her favorite milkshake that afternoon in Jaekyung's cafe.

"Just say it," said Jihoo. "She won't kill you."
He smirked and pushed Woobin forward, who cleared his throat. "Umm... so you see, it's for Jaekyung... her baby shower-"
"A baby shower?" cut in Krystal.

He nodded.

"Is that why you kept avoiding me lately?"
"Ummm-"
"And those secret phone calls, it was about this too?"
"Umm, you see-"
"Why didn't anyone tell me?" she demanded. "Everyone knows about this except for me! Right?" 

"I'm sorry," squeaked Woobin. "It's all Junpyo's fault! He said not to reveal anything....keeping it a secret so...."

Krystal scanned the room furiously for Junpyo, and luckily for him he wasn't around.

"But I thought you would tell me anyway," said Krystal. "I thought... that you trusted me! When is it?"
"This evening...."
"If you can't even tell me about the party for Jaekyung, how can you talk to me about anything?"
Woobin stared at her, aghast. Why was she being so touchy all of a sudden? "I'm sorry-"
"I hate you."
This was the first time she said this to him, and Woobin hated to admit that it hurt. A lot.

She realized what she said as well, but her pride refused to back down, and she glared at him, her lips twisted into an angry pout.

"No you don't," he said at last. "You don't hate me..."
"Then think again."

Krystal turned her back on him and he followed her immediately, blabbering, "Look, I'm really sorry, I should have told you – and you don't hate me, you told me every single day that you love me and-"

"Just get lost, Woobin, I'm tired."

He let her go on ahead, left alone with resentment and hurt.

This fight was not going to continue was it? Sure, they fought a lot like all couples do, but it always ended well and they always loved each other more afterwards. He couldn't bear thinking about becoming one of those couples who become cold and distant over a small miunderstanding, sleeping in different rooms. All right, Krystal kicked while she slept and sometimes she drooled, but without her his arms felt empty. And right now, he just wanted to go after her and kiss her, show her that he didn't mean it.

But he didn't.

His pride wouldn't allow him to. Guess he had to wait till the next day.

 

* * * *

It was strange. As Jaekyung made her way to yoga class alone, it felt strange. This was not the first time she was doing it alone, she had one session a week without Junpyo and it just felt starnge. She missed him and his stupid yoga pants, the way he'd whine and complain about all the stretching exercises but do it anyway. "Just see what a big sacrifice I'm doing for you," he'd say later. "I'm sacrificing my health."


"But yoga is healthy," she'd point out, and he'd just shake his head stubbornly and insist on what a huge sacrifice it was.

Not that he didn't want to come with her. The first time she had a session alone, he waited outside and sprang to his feet when he saw her come out, eyes trained on her. The second time, he loaded a ton of advice on her, so much that her ears hurt. "If you feel any kind of pain you better stop and don't even think of calling anyone besides me to come pick you up early if you need it – you got that? You can't call anyone except for me."

It was cute, she mused. But it was a little bit ridiculous how he refused to socialize with the other people there – "How bothersome! I'm tired already." - so whenever he wasn't around she had nice conversations with the others.

Right now, the instructor was telling them to raise their hands above their heads and breathe deeply.

Breathe deeply. Every time she and Junpyo leaned against each other and breathed deeply, she could feel every inhale and exhale, every rise and fall of his breathing. The warmth from his body would press against her, comforting, and just familiar. A few months ago she would have laughed at that – Junpyo, comforting and familiar? All right, he got cramps all the time due to the stretching, but he really held on to her, he really supported her during the exercises and was careful not to jolt or let her fall even a bit. Trust.

Intimacy. Those exercises forced them to be physically closer for longer sretches of time, and to Jaekyung they served as an exuse to have him nearby. Under no other circumstances, she was sure, would Junpyo allow her to sit in between his legs and lean back against his chest, his hands wrapped around her waist and his hands on her belly. Urgh, why did she like skinship so much these days? Must be the hormones...

She shook her head and tried to focus on the session, banishing Junpyo from her thoughts. But of course, he sneaked back in, just like his obnoxious personality. Would he be waiting for her outside, ready to take her back home? It was stupid how she obsessed over this, for the whole hour. What if he didn't come? What if he forgot about her or just didn't care?
Her heart surged and she sighed with relief when the session ended and she went outside. There he was, Mr. Cool-guy with his sunglasses leaning against his Benz. She felt unnaturally happy to see him and even felt the urge to ruffle his curly hair, but knew he would throw a tantrum if anyone dared touch his carefully tamed curls. One day, she promised herself, she was totally going to mess up his hair just to see how mad he would get.

"You're here," she called out, trying not to let the relief be heard in her voice.

Behind his sunglasses, Junpyo rolled his eyes and tried not to let her hear the amusement in his voice. "Well yeah, I'm here. But next time shall I send the chauffeur?"
"No need to, I can just call Minhyuk and he-"
"I'm coming every single time so don't you dare call him or else he's dead."
She hid a smile and got into the passenger seat.

"I'm hungry," declared Junpyo. "Let's stop at your place to get something to eat ok?"
"Sure," agreed Jaekyung. Come to think of it, gingerbread cookies with whipped cream would be nice. Oh, with strawberries too. And then to finish off, some nice spicy pickle. It was funny to see Junpyo's face when she ate combinations like that ("Yah, who eats fried fish and cheese huh? And dessert should come last, not first.").

Junpyo could be quite a bureaucrat when it came to down to it.

When they reached the bakery, Junpyo opened the door for her and helped her down, holding her securely around the waist and her elbow.

He took her hand and squeezed briefly, a stupid grin beginning to spread across his face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter