The Morning- After

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaekyung blinked a couple of times and began to look for the soft whimpering sound. It sounded like someone was crying. It took her a while to realize where she was, she carefully got up to see Junpyo sitting at the end of the bed, crying with a haunted expression. 

"Junpyo! What happened?" she cried, worried.

He turned his head towards her and jumped out of bed wailing, " Jaekyung!! I am so so so sorry!! I was drunk!!! I do not even know what was I doing?! How could I?!" He could not even cry loudly due to his splitting headache. He woke up to a very soft, warm and "delicious" smelling pillow which was wearing his t-shirt. So Junpyo being Junpyo assumed the best he could. He literally and figuratively wanted to throw up. He had never felt such guilt in his life. How could he do that with Jaekyung ?! And on top of it she was pregnant?!.... He wanted to kill himself....

 

Jaekyung was confused and that's when she looked down to her clothes or his t-shirt. The previous night she felt suffocated in her dress. Since she promised to stay with him and going back to her room to change and come back was really a hussle. So she changed into his t-shirt and shorts. She really needed to shop for maternity clothes. She was getting bigger each day. May be she would call Junhee unnie to accompany her....

Her trail of thoughts were disturbed with Junpyo rushing to the loo and gagging. She followed to see him throw up. She let him empty his stomach and hold him to get out of the loo and poured some water for him.

"Junpyo, drink more water and I'll make some hangover soup for you."

Junpyo looked at her as if he was seeing her for the first time. He sniffed, "How can you be so nice to me?! After what I did?! Oh goodness!! Are you hurt? Did I hurt you?! I don't know.... I've never done t-this before....drunk or not!! Not even with Jandi!! Drunk or not!!! Then how could I!! I should never ever pay heed to that idiot Yi.... " his banter continued.

Jaekyung understood what he was thinking and it took her a great deal to not laugh. But somewhere deep within her, she felt sort of glee that Junpyo had never been intimate with anyone. Well in his case.... Jandi. She quickly dismissed the thought and began to listen to his rant. Might as well have some fun.

"Well.... all I can ask you not to drink so much again. And it was....in a weird way...umm.... fortunate that it was me with you last night. It would have been horrifying if there were any other woman...."

Junpyo wiped his tears," Don't worry Jaekyung." He stood up. "I will take responsibility, no one will slander your name!!"

Jaekyung would like to bet any person who would resist to burst into laughter. She looked at him, "Uh Jun...listen a guy needs to take responsibility or a girl gets slandered when they are not in a relationship.  Not to forget I'm way beyond that stage. We both know we don't share a regular  uhh....conjugal relation but still there won't be any such...uhh....issue." She had a lot of difficulty to keep a solemn face.

Junpyo tilted his head." But Jae...."

Jaekyung continued," No one is slandering me. Okay? Yes if I'd been with someone else.... like Minhyuk then people might say bad things."

Just like she thought the mention of Min made Junpyo snort and stop. For Junpyo.... well he was reconsidering his guilt. Nope. It was fine that Jaekyung was with him. Not with that Minhyuk!! Never ever with that guy.

Then he said again," Are you in.... pain?" He peered at her bump and blushed a tomato red.

"Oh God!! I can't take this anymore." She thought and had to bite her lips to restrain herself.

"Yes Junpyo. I am perfectly fit and fine. Now..." She looked at the watch stating the time being 10.45 in the morning, " Oh I totally forgot all of them are coming here for brunch!! Quick get ready!! Thank goodness I had instructed the maids last night...." She rushed to her room. Junpyo looked at her leaving the room and sighed....

" I am just glad it was with you Jae...."

Jaekyung came out to see all of them exception of Binstal( they named the couple out of humour and love) were already lounging. Yijung saw her and smirked, "Wow! It seems we need to name another couple...." 

His voice made everyone look at her and greeted. Everyone as in Eunhye, Jihoo, Jandi, Gaeul and Krystal's elder sister, Jessica  were there. Jaekyung looked down at herself and saw that she was still in Junpyo's t shirt. She was about to say but....

"Jaekyung you forgot your dress in my room...." Junpyo walked into the room with her red dress in his hand. He looked around and frowned with difficulty," Why you guys are so early?" Jaekyung shook her head and excused herself to her room so that she could laugh her lungs out.

Yijung hooted," Oh our Junny didn't like us here? So sorry to disturb your good time but it seems you forgot that we were invited, the next day of your wedding we brunched at Jihoo's, so it's your turn." Junpyo huffed and excused himself.

All of them began to laugh and chat. But Jandi's sullen mood did not go unnoticed by Eunhye and Gaeul. They were served refreshments and by that time The host and hostess had joined them. Jaekyung went to check the kitchen and the ladies joined her. Eunhye looked at her and being the person who had the most knowledge about Jaekyung's life at the moment, asked what was the matter. Jaekyung laughed and whispered about all of Junpyo's misunderstanding; and they were lucky that they were at a solitude corner of the kitchen. After a good laugh they joined the other ladies and were done with the food.

The food was served and like always Jaekyung's cooking skills were praised to the top.

All of them were having a great time when Yijung quipped, " What are you having Jaekyung? like the babies are girls or boys or both?"

Jaekyung smiled,"That'll be known when I'll be in fifth month and that will be next appointment." She looked at Eunhye who was nodding.

Jessica exclaimed," Oh yes!! Kryssie told me you're having twins!! Wow!! Say, Junpyo, what do you want? Boy or girl?"

Junpyo looked at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter