Chapter 9

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 9

 

Friday is a nerve-wracking day for Alex. It is the day when the winner for the contest will be announced, but that’s not all that’s making her nervous. She decided, that if ever she’ll win first place, she’ll finally tell mina that she likes her. 

 

Alex hadn’t talk much with mina for the past two days. The latter had to attend a party last Wednesday, and last Thursday, they were suppose to go out but it got cancelled. 

 

 

Flashback 

 

“Let’s go?” Alex boldly offered her hand for mina to hold, but someone interrupted them.

Tiffany came rushing to them with a huge smile plastered on her face. “Mina! Let’s go to the mall! The shop that I told you before is finally open! Let’s go!” 

 

Mina looked at Alex. She really wanted to go out with her, if only Tiffany didn’t had to ruin it. 

“We can just go out next time.” Alex smiled understandingly. She would always sacrifice herself for others. 

 

“but…—“

 

“Come on.” Tiffany dragged mina from their classroom.

 

“See you tomorrow.” Alex waved before going home.

 

End of flashback

 

 

For the two days that she hadn’t spend time with mina, she carefully thought of how to confess her feelings in a not too romantic way. She would even practice smiling in front of the mirror but quickly dismiss it saying she looks like joker. 

 

Alex decided that she’ll already tell her friends about it since she’ll be confessing later. IF ever she wins. 

 

“Guys, I have something to tell you.” Alex asked the girls to come closer to her, indicating it’s a secret.

“What? What is it?” Sana couldn’t help but get curious, thinking Alex has a new gossip. 

 

Alex scanned her perimeters before continuing. “Promise me this won’t get leaked. This will just be between the three of us.” 

 

The two nodded eagerly. “Okay. I think I like Mina.”

 

“WHAT?!” Nayeon and Sana said at the same time, earning glances from the students near them. Alex immediately hushed them, to stop the others from looking. She knew this would happen.

 

“I knew Mina likes you, but I didn’t know that— That’s good. She likes you and you like her, there will be no problem.” Nayeon whispered proudly. She’s happy that her friend likes someone who likes her. This way, no one will get rejected or it wouldn’t be one sided. 

 

Sana just registered what she heard. “Since when?” 

 

“I honestly don’t know, but I just somehow felt it. I’m telling you this because I’m planning on giving the game away if I win the contest.”

 

“OH MY GOD!” The two shouted, then covered their mouth after realising what they did. “Sorry. Couldn’t help it.” 

 

“Just tone down your voice. Someone might hear us.” Alex lightly slapped the shoulders of her friends.

 

“Ok ok.. So what will you do? Are you going to give her flowers or maybe sing to her?” Sana smiled cheekily. It’s the first time Alex will make a move to her crush. Maybe the fact that Nayeon is so sure that mina likes her, helped a lot.

 

“Umm.. No.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter