Chapter 8

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 8

Day 4 of Modelling

 

“How’s the photo contest going?” Nayeon asked on their way to the canteen. Tuesday hadn’t been great for nayeon since the teacher embarrassed her in the class for being talkative.  

 

“It’s almost done. 98% done. I just need to check everything in the photo again before sending it.” The canteen is jam packed, but they were able to find a vacant table. Alex kept looking around the area while keeping the conversation going with her friends. She’s searching for a long black haired girl with a smile as bright as the sun. 

 

Alex waved her hand excitedly once she spotted her. “Mina, here.” 

Mina asked her earlier if she could join her during lunch, knowing that the ones she eats lunch with is busy. 

She sat down beside Alex, Nayeon in front of her. Mina gave them a friendly greeting, just like how she is. 

 

“Were you able to learn something from Alex? She tends to be impatient that’s why we were shocked when she told us she’s going to be your tutor.” Sana wanted to make Mina comfortable around them so she wouldn’t feel left out. 

 

“I did. She’s a great teacher.” Mina politely answered. She’s being cautious for she’s afraid that if she say something wrong, Alex’s friends might know her little secret. 

 

An imaginary light bulb suddenly popped above nayeon’s head, making her smirk. “Oh right! Lex! Are you done with your math homework?”

 

“Not yet. I still have to answer number 8, it’s quite hard so I don’t really know how to do it.” Alex tend to give up easily when it comes to her math homeworks. If she doesn’t know how to do it she wouldn't even try, she’ll just leave it be. 

 

“We can ask ella how. I’m sure she knows.” 

 

“I know how to do it! I can teach you.” Mina offered immediately after hearing ella’s name. She certainly didn’t want Alex to get closer to ella. Not when she likes her. 

Nayeon observed every moves mina makes and she’s having fun with it. She’s now 100% sure that Mina likes her dear friend. She decided she will tell sana later, since the latter probably hasn’t caught up with what’s going on. Sana is a bit of a slow poke.

 

They went back to their classroom after the bell rang. Their science teacher is taking longer to enter the classroom, which made the class go wild. It was always noisy whenever the teacher is not yet around. 

 

Alex turned around from her seat, feeling a tap on her shoulder. 

“Tomorrow’s the deadline for the photography contest, don’t forget to send it to my gmail, ok?” Ella reminded with a smile plastered on her face, in which Alex couldn’t resist to smile back, saying she’ll send it later this day. 

 

Mina, having a ear of an owl, heard exactly what the two were talking about. Even without looking at Alex, she knew that the latter is smiling. Don’t mind them… Ella is nothing compared to me. Alex and I had been hanging out more than her. 

She tried calming herself but the sight of Alex looking shy after nayeon , is certainly making her blood boil. But of course, being the nice and disciplined student she is, she still looks calm outside. 

 

“What are we going to do for today?” Mina excitedly asked. She knew that they’re already done with the photography thing, but she couldn’t help but hope that she can still spend time with Alex.

 

The latter just finished packing her things. “We’re already done. You can attend your classes now like before.” 

 

Alex felt uneasy, feeling Mina staring at her. “Umm… Do you have something to say or?” She felt self conscious, and just wished that there’s nothing on her face right now or else she would die out of embarrassment. 

 

“Oh… It’s… Do you want to.. you know.. watch a movie with me? I have an extra ticket… Tiffany was supposed to come with me but.. she suddenly has something to do. It’s a waste if I wouldn’t go.” Mina fiddled with her finger. She was surprised on how well she was able to think of an excuse. 

 

“Sure.” 

 

Music is being blast inside the car on their way to the cinema. From Ariana Grande’s Almost is Never Enough to Blackpink’s Playing with fire, they sure did have a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter