Chapter 29

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 29

 

 

The light. The glaring light coming from the incoming car flashed in front of Mina, as she stood once again, rooted on the cold concrete ground. She helplessly covered her eyes and prepared herself from the impact. 

Fortunately, the knight in shining armour came just in time to rescue the damsel in distress. Alex pulled Mina out of the way, both of them crashing on the ground. People created a circle around them, checking on what had happened. Alex ended up having a mere bruise on her elbows and arm, while Mina didn’t have any scratch. 

 

People started whispering about what had happened, not liking the attention, Mina quickly stood up and helped Alex up as well. She felt apologetic but it didn’t mean that whatever she heard back at the restaurant would be forgotten.

 

Alex hugged Mina tight, afraid that she might lose her. She almost lost her, and the thought of it made her emotional. Alex thought that if she was a second late, she would’ve regret what would happen for her whole life.

 

“Are you okay?” Alex asked once her mind started working again, the shock and adrenaline rush made her mind go blank. 

 

“I’m fine, you?” The crowd had dispersed eventually, and they were left alone at the side walk.

 

“I’m good.” Right about when Alex said that, she felt a sting on her elbows and arms, but she didn’t want Mina to notice it as she still needed to explain everything. “Mina, will you let me explain?” Alex asked, wanting to hold Mina’s hands but she stopped herself, thinking she didn’t have a right to do so.

 

They went back to the restaurant and to their private dining space, where Jennie was waiting anxiously. She wanted to follow the two but she thought that she might make the matters worse, so she decided not to.

 

Jennie stood up, exchanging looks with the two. “I’ll give you two some time to sort things out, but not before I treat that wound.” Jennie referred to Alex’s arm and went out to call the waiter to request for a bandage, alcohol, and some cotton pads.

 

“I’m sorry.” Mina mumbled, looking at the bruise. 

 

“It’s nothing.” Alex knew too well that it was nothing compared to what she did. Physical pain definitely hurts, but emotional pain can be much harder to endure.

 

Jennie came back shortly with the medical thing on her hand. She sat beside Alex and tried to not mind the awfully silent surroundings. Having a private dining space sure has its disadvantage.

 

“Done. I’ll go now. I’ll call you later. Bye.” Jennie smiled, patting Alex’s shoulders as a good luck in explaining things.

 

Alex breathe in deeply, clearing before she started with her story telling.

 

Angry, disappointed, upset, sad, Mina felt all these things in the midst of what Alex was telling her, but above all, she understood. She understood that Alex had a hard time making the right choice, she understood that Alex, just like every other human being, can make mistakes and own up for it. 

 

“I’m really sorry, Mina. I hope you can give me another chance. I’ll try my very best to not make the same mistakes again.” Mistakes when repeated is already a choice. A choice to destroy what you had built, what you love. Alex knew better not to repeat the wrong things she had done, if ever, she had learn a lot of things from it.

 

Mina sat beside Alex, closing the distance between them. “I know you mean everything you’ve said so, I’ll give you a second chance.” 

 

“Thank you! I swear I’ll do better.” Alex playfully raised her right hand as if she was pledging. 

 

Everybody deserves a second chance, but not everybody is given a second chance. Thankfully for Alex, Mina gave her a second chance. A chance for her to show what she had learn from her past mistakes.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter