Chapter 3

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3

Day One of Modelling

 

 

 

 

Mina and Alex stayed inside the school campus after classes ended. They sat at the bench where there aren’t much people so there wouldn’t be any distraction. 

 

“Wh-What are you doing?” Mina felt very uncomfortable under Alex’s gaze that she kept looking elsewhere. Her heart is certainly beating fast and she’s hoping that she’s the only one who can hear it. 

 

“I’m just looking for the best angle.” Alex said, her eyes still fixed on Mina’s face. She has to admit that the latter is very very pretty up close that she was distracted for a few seconds. 

 

“Are you done?” Mina wanted it to end already since she feels like her face and ears are burning. Nobody had stare at her face like this before. 

 

Alex instructed her to sit still so she can capture each sides of Mina’s face and compare. “ I think you’re right side is better.” 

Mina sighed in relief as Alex put down her camera and stopped observing her. “Are you ok? I just noticed that your face seemed a bit red earlier. We can continue next time if you’re not feeling well.” She worriedly suggested. 

 

Mina shook her head and said that she was fine, thinking of an excuse for her blushing face. “What now?” 

 

Alex shrugged. “We’re actually done for today. I only planned to take every angle of your face for today, and it was easier than I expected, so… We have 35 minutes left. Do you want to do anything or?” 

Mina was going to say that she doesn’t know but a loud noise interrupted her. 

 

“You’re hungry? Come on, let’s eat!” Alex chuckled lightly and prevented herself from laughing so Mina wouldn’t feel embarrassed, although the latter already wants to dig a hole and hide inside. GOD THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING

 

 “No need to be shy. Let’s go.” Alex extended her arm to help Mina stand, which the latter took shyly. 

 

Alex felt very friendly today and she’s in the mood to talk that’s why she was able to make their time not too awkward. And strangely for her, she felt comfortable talking to mina because she thinks that Mina isn’t judging her, that’s why she’s able to open up some topics to talk about. 

 

“I bet you haven’t eaten street foods yet.” They were walking on the streets looking for a cafe or maybe a restaurant to ease their hunger. 

 

“Umm… Yeah. Why’d you say so? Is it because of how I am?” Mina asked straightforwardly. Although it is true, she still doesn’t like being judged based on her social class and such. 

 

Alex scratched the back of her head, unsure whether she’ll lie, like what she usually do when she doesn’t want to hurt other’s feelings, but she felt like she should be honest right now. “Well, yes? I mean, you’re rich, smart and a very good student so… Call me stereotype or whatever but it’s true right?”  

 

Mina could only nod back as she didn’t know what to say since it’s really true that she haven’t eaten street foods because her mom didn’t like it, saying it’s very unhygienic. 

 

“I’m sorry if I offended you in someways.” 

 

Mina smiled. “No, It’s ok. At least you’re being honest.” 

 

“Since we’re on that topic, how about we eat some street foods?” Alex smiled brightly. She wanted Mina to try and taste how delicious these foods are. The other girl, although excited to try something new, felt very hesitant since her mother kept telling her before that she shouldn’t eat those, but her mother’s voice were replaced by Alex’s persuasiveness, that she ends up agreeing. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter