Chapter 12

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 12

 

 

The eyes of the new student sparked as she saw Alex. She was really delighted to see her friend after being separated for a long time. She deeply missed her.

 

“I’m Jennie Kim,” She introduced herself, eyes still glued to Alex. The teacher took it as that was all. 

 

“You seem to know Ms. Tan, so I think it’ll be better if you take a sit beside her.” The teacher directed her gaze to Alex. “Ms. Tan, kindly tour her around and help her adjust.” 

 

Jennie excitedly walked to where Alex is seated, ignoring the greetings her classmates gave her. The student who was originally seated beside Alex was asked by the teacher if she could transfer for the meantime, just for Jennie’s sake. 

 

A squeal almost escaped Alex’s mouth, but she tried hard not to cause any unwanted stares. “Yah. You have a lot of things to explain.” Alex moved her chair closer to Jennie and gave her a tight hug, forgetting that the teacher is still in front of them. 

 

“Ms. Tan and Ms. Kim, can you two save the reunion for later?” The two hesitantly parted, pout visible on their faces. 

 

Jennie leaned in and whispered, “I missed you.” 

 

“I missed you too Jendeuk.” Alex chuckled, not noticing Mina glancing at her. She heard their conversation and she assumed that the two are very, very close, much to her dislike. Mina wondered why Alex hadn’t told her about the new girl. 

 

Jennie wished for the time to fast forward to break time, she has a lot to say to Alex. It’s ok. I can still wait. It’s nothing compared to the waiting that I did before. 

 

She looked beside her, admiring the girl seated next to her. 

The eyes that holds a universe, the rose petal lips that Jennie can’t help but look at, she surely missed seeing her, not in the phone, but in real life. She’s still as pretty as ever.

 

Alex was too focused on the lecture that she didn’t even notice that there was someone, staring at her. 

 

Everybody rejoiced as the bell for break time rang. Jennie immediately linked her arms with Alex’s, asking if they were going to the cafeteria. Alex nodded, saying they have to wait for her friends and Mina. Jennie wasn’t able to control her expression for merely a second when she heard ‘Mina’, but she went back to her normal self, gaining her composure. 

 

They all sat at a table far from the noisy students who doesn’t know the sentence ‘keep your voices  down.’ 

 

Alex nudged the girl beside her, telling her to introduce herself to her friends. 

“But I already In—-,” Jennie protested, but slowly followed as she saw the look Alex is giving her “Hi. I’m Jennie Kim.” 

 

Nayeon and Sana gulped before introducing themselves, shaking Jennie’s hand. The nervousness is creeping through them, that their hand almost shook. 

 

“This is Mina, my girlfriend.” The last part came out as a whisper, not wanting others to hear it, but Jennie’s heart heard it very loudly that it almost broke her heart. 

 

As much as she wanted to not shake hands with Mina, she forced herself to smile and do so. For Alex.

“It’s nice to meet you. Alex told me a lot of things about you that I think I already know you as much as she does. You two look good together by the way.” Jennie joked, amazed by how she can easily say those things with a smile on her face. Love can make you do stupid things. 

 

The couple blushed at the compliment, which didn’t go unnoticed by nayeon’s eagle eyes, that she started teasing them.

 

 

“Yah. What’s with your uniform?” Alex scrunched her face in disapproval. She doesn’t like how Jennie wore her uniform cause it scares students out.

 

Jennie looked at her uniform. “What’s wrong with it?” 

 

“You look like a bully. Fix it.” It’s not that Jennie doesn’t like conforming to the school rules, she just felt suffocated by the necktie and the collar. 

 

Alex faced Jennie and fixed it herself, seeing how Jennie doesn’t have any intentions to do so. The latter gulped and looked elsewhere, having a hard time breathing. She felt herself heating up as Alex adjust her necktie so it wouldn’t be too tight nor too loose. 

 

Jennie sat there, like a tamed tiger. She knew that only Alex can tame her, only Alex can make her feel that way. 

 

The two, Sana and Nayeon, hadn’t spoken a single word, which didn’t get unnoticed by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter