Chapter 17

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I saw your comments concerning Jennie. Don't worry, she'll have happy ending, she deserves it, but Jennie still has quite a long way to go before she gets that happy ending.

Chapter 17

 

 

 

Mina’s parents had been home early lately, something Mina used to wish for but now isn’t the case. She wouldn’t want to hear another lecturing and hear about how her parents think it’s disgusting to have a relationship with a girl. Especially during dinner, where the 3 of them sits at the table and Mina pretends that she doesn’t hear her parents.

 

“Have you broke up with that girl?” Her mom started. She’s getting sick of having to talk about the topic over and over again. But Mina couldn’t do anything.

 

A sigh escaped her lips, but fortunately her parents didn’t notice it or else she’d receive another lecturing. “Not yet mom. I’m just looking for the proper timing.” Mina decided since she met Alex, that she’ll never let go of her. She’ll never let go of something she loves just like how she gave up her dream to be an idol.

 

“Proper timing? There’s no such thing as proper timing for me. If I find out that you’re still hanging out with that… that dirty girl, I’ll make a move already, and I’m sure you wouldn’t like it.” Mina’s hands turned into a fist, hearing her mother refer to Alex as ‘dirty girl’.

 

Mina woke up extra early, wanting to come to leave the house early so she doesn’t have to face her parents. Her parents had been controlling even before, but even so, she didn’t think twice of obeying them since they’re right and they only want what’s best for her. Only now that she realise that it wasn’t for her, it was for them. Her parents always cared about how people would see them, how people would think about their business or family. Mina knows to herself that what she’s doing isn’t rebelling against her parents, but rather following what her heart wants, what she really wants.

 

There were only a few places in school where almost nobody comes to - The basement, the rooftop, and the abandoned classrooms at the top floor. Alex had dragged Mina to one of the empty classrooms so they could spend time with each other, without having to feel nervous and cautious about the people around them.

 

Hands connected, hearts connected. The couple sat at side by side at the floor, leaning their back at the wall. 

 

“I didn’t know you’re a great singer. Ariana will be ashamed once she hears your voice,” Alex teased. She sensed that both of them were having deep thoughts about what was happening to them and why it seems like almost everybody is against them.

 

Mina lightly pushed her girlfriend’s shoulder, smiling as she thought of how Alex likes to lighten up the mood even if the storm is about to come.

 

“Shut up.” She mumbled, pretending to be mad, although failed to do so due to the wide smile at her face.

 

It went silent again, until Mina voiced her thoughts out. “What if I leave my house… Are you going to let me stay at your place?” At this point, Mina is willing to sleep at her school rather than at her house.

 

“No.” A plain answer coming from her girlfriend made her look at the latter.

 

The seriousness and the smallest bit of hurt in Mina’s eyes made Alex chuckle. “I was just kidding. Of course, you don’t think I’d let you sleep on the streets, do you?“

 

Mina sighed in relief, after thinking that Alex really wouldn’t let her.

 

“But you’re not really planning to do that right?” This time, Alex was no longer joking. She really didn’t like the idea of Mina leaving her home and her parents.

 

“What if I am?” A frown appeared on Alex’s face after hearing her girlfriend’s answer.

 

“You shouldn’t. That’s not right. I can’t just let you stay with me knowing you ran away from your parents.”

 

Mina couldn’t help but show that she was upset with what Alex said. Her grip on Alex’s hand loosened as she looked the other way.

 

“It’s not that I don’t want you to live with me, but it’s really not nice to go to somebody’s h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter