Chapter 16

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wasn't able to proof read this :((

I'm sorry if there are errors 

^^

Chapter 16

 

 

 

The sun shone brightly early in the morning, and everybody seemed to enjoy the weather, but Mina wasn’t feeling any of it. Crying herself to sleep drained all her energy that she didn’t even want to eat breakfast, but her parents were there.

 

The atmosphere at the table was very suffocating, both her parents had a deep frown on their face, still not over what happened the other day. 

 

“Don’t forget about what we’ve talked about last night. And hand over your phone.” 

 

Mina took out her phone from her pocket and handed it to her dad, just like what she was told to do. She prayed very hard that her dad wouldn’t open her phone since she didn’t delete Alex’s photos and their messages. 

 

“Now I know why you don’t attend your after school classes. That girl is a bad influence to you. It’s for the best that you avoid her.” Her mother had instructed their driver to pick up Mina immediately after their classes and bring her to either her house or her after school classes.

 

The room was enveloped with silence once again, and just the spoon and fork could be heard. The sound of the phone ringing, startled three of them, Mina’s dad glancing at the phone next to him, and as if his frown can get any deeper, it did. He picked up the phone and showed it to his daughter, “Is this the girl?” 

 

Mina couldn’t look at her dad, she just stared down at her food, keeping shut. Her dad declined the call and turned off the phone, setting it aside. 

 

 

 

“The bear was trying to get the honey and then—-Mina?” Alex had been telling Mina the video she watched in national geographic, but she realised that Mina wasn’t listening.

 

The latter looked at her, after zoning off. “Huh? What were you saying?” 

 

“You seem off today, did something happen?” Alex held her Mina’s hand, letting her know that she’s concerned about whatever is happening to her.

 

“No, I just… Played some video games last night. I wasn’t able to get enough sleep.” Mina looked at their hands, having a hard time lying face to face with her girlfriend. It made her feel guilty, but she thought that it was for the betterment of all if nobody knows what happened, except of course, Tiffany.

 

“Ahh… Oh, by the way, why didn’t you answer my phone call this morning?” It was almost a routine for Alex to call in the morning to just check up on her girlfriend and greet her good morning for a good start of the day.

 

The guilt doubled, having to lie again. Lies only leads to another lie and another, until it becomes too many for you to cover up and handle. “My phone got confiscated by my dad because he saw me playing games late at night.”

 

Alex laughed, not being able to see through Mina’s lie, and girl friend for being irresponsible and getting addicted to games.

 

A little later, Alex felt the need to go to the restroom, so she excused herself from her friends. 

 

“Hi Tiffany.” Alex was getting her hands dry after washing it, when she saw Tiffany enter.

 

Tiffany raised an eyebrow at how nice Alex is to her. She would’ve guessed that the girl in front of her would be slapping her or more or else jus ignore her. “Seeing that you’re still able to smile, the two of you haven’t broken up yet, but you will soon.”

 

“What do you mean? Why would you think that Mina and I will break up?” Being oblivious with what happened, the shift of Tiffany’s attitude confused her.

 

“Are you dumb or——- Ha! you’re girlfriend hasn’t told you yet, I see…” Tiffany smirked and saw it as an opportunity to further damage the crack she already made. She thought that it was really Mina’s fault that she hadn’t told Alex yet, she’s just doing what was right : informing her girlfriend.

 

Alex sensed that something she wouldn’t like, just based on the dangerous smirk Tiffany has. “Told me what?”

 

“Her parents found out about you two. Good luck.” The look of victory on Tiffany's face never left her, and it irked Alex at some point. Tiffany walked out first, patting the other girl's shoulder.

 

Alex went to where her girlfriend was, mind clouded with so many things.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” She asked as soon as she saw Mina.

 

“What?”

 

Mina recieved a scoff from her fuming girl friend, something she hasn't seen before. “Stop pretending that you don’t know. I don’t understand why you had to hide it to me.” 

 

“I’m sorry, lex. I just thought that it’ll be better if you wou—“ 

 

“This isn’t just about you, it’s about us! You can’t just keep everything to yourself. That’s why I’m here, so you can tell me anything.” The disappointment on her voice sounded so loud on Mina’s ears that the latter’s tears fell after Alex walked out, followed by Jennie.

 

Alex was disappointed because she thought that Mina opened up to her completely but Alex felt that Mina doesn’t trust her enough to tell her or maybe thought that she wasn’t capable of helping.

 

“It’s ok. Don’t worry, you’ll be ok. I’m here.” Jennie whispered words of comfort as she hugged Alex tightly, as if protecting her from all the evil things out there. She knew that her best friend needed her right now, more than anyone, not even Mina.

 

Jennie thought that if Alex was hers, she wouldn’t let anything or anyone hurt her, she wouldn’t let a single tear of sadness drop, but Alex wasn’t hers.

 

After calming down, Alex pulled out of the hug, looking at her best friend. “I’m hungry.” Crying would always make someone go hungry. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter