Chapter 2

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The school is celebrating arts festival next week and there were tons of contests announced earlier this Tuesday morning. Students are already thinking where they should join, and Alex's friends are no exception. 

 

“Aren’t you going to join anything?” Nayeon asked, browsing through the list.

 

“ Nah. It’s too tiring.” Alex isn’t one to join contests and the like since she doesn’t really like competition and she doesn’t have enough confidence to try.

 

“Why don't you try photography? You’re good at it.” Sana nudged Alex, who has her eyes closed and head resting at her desk.

Alex thought that joining photography isn’t a bad idea but laziness is creeping through her and she didn’t have any reasons for joining. “Maybe next time.” 

 

“Yah. If you join and win, ella might notice you, don’t you think?” Alex suddenly paid attention to what nayeon was saying. 

 

“What if I don’t win?” She’s giving it a thought after having a purpose to join

“Then you don’t. It’s not like she won’t talk to you if you don’t win.” Nayeon answered. She smiled as Alex looked like she’s going to go for it.

 

“Just give it a try!” Sana added, and finally convincing her friend. 

 

“Ok. I will.” 

 

“Nice.” Both Nayeon and Sana high-fived for job well done. They thought that this will be a good opportunity for their friend to show off her talent because Alex is a shy type and very humble.

 

“Are there any guidelines or something?” 

 

“I don’t know but why not ask ella, she’s one of the facilitators for the event.” Nayeon suggested, wiggling her eyebrows while Alex smiled and stood up to look for Ella. 

 

“So what did she say?” Sana asked once Alex came back. The latter gave sana the poster where the rules and guidelines are written.

The only things that are needed to take into account is that the theme is ‘Classy’ and each contestant must submit at least 2 Photos, and the deadline would be Thursday next week.

 

“You still have more than a week but you need to think and conceptualise the image you want them to see at least tomorrow? I’m quite sure you can do that.” The two cheered her up, although they’re 90% sure that Alex would win based on the pictures they saw from Alex's camera.

 

“Guess I’d have to think about it now.” Alex started thinking of the things that comes to ones mind if they hear classy. She wrote it all down on a piece of paper, with the help of nayeon and Sana.

 

 

Mina just got home after her usual busy day at school and outside of school. Her mom was sitting at the living room, as if waiting for her to come home.

 

“Mina, you’re english tutor updated me about how your english is. I thought you’re improving your vocabulary? but she told me that there’s very little improvement. Even with your pronunciation.” Her mom had her arms crossed, while Mina could only look down. Although there’s very little improvement, it’s true that Mina had been trying hard to increase her vocabulary and fix her pronunciation but it’s just that she’s really having a hard time. 

 

“I’m sorry mom. I’ll do better.” 

 

“Ok. Study harder” 

 

Mina mumbled a yes before going up to her room, still feeling down from what her mother told her. She shook her head as she remembered what her mother said ‘Study harder’ It isn’t as if she hadn’t been studying her off for her whole life, but all she can do is to obey and study more.

 

 

Lunch Time 

 

“I already have an idea!” Alex excitedly told her friends that she planned on taking a picture of someone doing ballet and someone who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter