Chapter 5

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 5

Day 2 of Modelling

 

 

 

“Alex. Wake up.” Mina had tried waking her up once she herself just woke up, but Alex just groaned and went back to sleep. So she decided to just wake her up once she finishes taking a bath. 

Alex motioned for mina to go away, face still covered with the pillows. The other girl could only giggle at her. She wouldn’t have woken her up if only they didn’t have to go to school.

 

“Alex.. It’s almost 7 o’clock and you still need to take a bath and breakfast. Wake up now.” She shook the sleepy girl’s shoulder, and finally the latter sat up, eyes still closed. It took her a couple of seconds before opening them up. 

 

Mina pointed where the bathroom is and told her that all the things she’ll be needing is there, including the uniform. “Just go down after you finish. I’ll wait for you at the kitchen so we can have breakfast together. You know where it is right?” 

 

Alex looked at her for a while. “I think I can still remember.” She just wished that she wouldn’t get lost or anything. Left then right, then down the stairs, then turn right at the huge painting, then right again. ok. I still remember. 

 

They ate breakfast together. Alex felt uncomfortable eating, seeing a maid standing near them, ready to follow any of mina’s orders. The latter noticed it so she asked the maid to leave them for a while. 

 

“Do you eat while they watch you or stand there?” Alex whispered, trying not to be heard by the maids, although the maid already went out of the dining.

 

“I got used to it already. It’s because of my mom.” 

 

Alex nodded and continued eating, not feeling the stare from mina, who paused eating.

 

The sound of her phone interrupted her from zoning off. Mina answered it immediately, seeing her mom calling. 

 

“Mom?” Her Mother haven’t called her yesterday to check on her. She stood up from her seat, signalling Alex that she’ll just answer the call. 

 

“How are you feeling now? You’re still going to attend school right?” 

Mina didn’t know what her Mother is talking about. “Huh? Of course mom, I’m taking breakfast right now then I’ll go to school”

 

“So you’re not sick anymore? That’s good then.” 

 

“Sick?” 

 

“Your private academy informed me yesterday that you didn’t attend. They told me you called saying you were sick.” Mina remembered that she called her academy yesterday saying she’s not feeling well. She didn’t know that they’ll report it to her mom. 

 

“Oh. I was. I’m feeling a lot better now mom. Don’t worry.” She laughed nervously, hoping that the maids and her driver wouldn’t tell her mom that she wasn’t really sick.

 

“One more thing. The maid told me that she found 3 packs of ramen wrappers at the kitchen. I’ve told you that it’s not healthy right? And 3 packs? That’s too much, it made you sick.” Her Mother reprimanded. Mina sighed, mentally face palmed. Throwing the wrappers outside definitely didn’t occur to her.

 

They talked for couple of minutes before they hung up, her mother having to attend to some meeting in the morning. 

 

 

 

 

“So you’re saying that you slept at mina’s house?” Nayeon made sure of what she heard.

“Yeah.” Alex shrugged. It wasn’t really that of a big deal for her since she’s quite sure that Mina had invited her friends over at her house already. 

 

“How was it like? Is her mom scary?” Sana leaned closer, wanting to know if the rumours about Mina’s mom is true. 

 

“She wasn’t there. Only Mina and I and some of their maids.” 

The two nodded. Alex noticed that nayeon seemed to be so serious thinking about something. Just when she’s about to point it out, nayeon spoke. “I have a feeling that she likes you.” 

Alex laughed at nayeon, who still has a serious face. The look she has whenever she’s gossiping. 

“She’s just a kind person. There’s definitely nothing more to it.” Alex assured, although she herself isn’t too sure. 

 

“I’m betting for a whole day meal in the canteen.” Nayeon is about 95 percent sure that Mina has some feelings for her friend. She noticed the other day that Mina kept glancing at Alex, when the latter had to sit beside her because of jisoo. She also noticed that the way Mina looks at her best friend is different. She can feel it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter