Chapter 15

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 15

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh! by the way, I almost forgot to ask. What did your mom tell you yesterday? She seemed too serious.” It slipped out of her mind earlier, that she forgot to ask. Alex had a hard time thinking about what they talked about, feeling nervous when the thought of Mina’s parents finding out about them occurred to her.

 

“It’s because she found out that I skipped my Thursday classes. Don’t worry, I made an excuse and my mom seems to believe it.” A proud smile showed on Mina’s face, but the frown on Alex’s face told her that her girlfriend didn’t feel the same way.

 

A long sigh escaped Alex’s lips, she felt like it was her fault that Mina got scolded by her Mom. Alex didn’t want to be a bad influence to her girlfriend and make her do things that’ll only cause her trouble.

 

“It’s not your fault, it was mine. I was the one who asked you out.” Mina hoped that Alex wouldn’t blame herself for what she did. 

 

 

Saturday had been busy for Mina, she had to catch up with the lessons and activities she missed for the days that she skipped her classes, but even so, not once did she regret skipping it.

 

Her phone vibrated, indicating she got a message, which was from Alex.

 

Mina. are you busy? let’s go somewhere. Right at this moment. I’ll see you at my house.

 

Followed by another message

 

But if you have classes today, then that’s fine. Maybe next time?

 

Mina didn’t even think twice, replying that she wasn’t busy and she that she didn’t have Saturday classes, even if she had a lot to finish. I can just finish it later.

She didn’t want Alex to worry about her being scolded again by her mom. Mina thought that she’ll just deal with it later when she gets home. She figured that she could go do something fun for the day, like what other normal students do during Saturdays.

 

As if no talking happened with her mom just the other day, she quickly got dressed and went to Alex’s house, without the maids, nor her driver knowing.

 

Mina giddily rang the door bell, excited to where they might be going. The door opened, but it wasn’t Alex. 

 

Jennie didn’t say any greeting and just walked back to the living room after opening the door. Mina walked in, not expecting that Alex’s friends were also coming with them. She thought that it’ll be just the two of them. 

 

Sana and Nayeon were at the kitchen, munching on some chips.

 

“You’re here!” Alex came out of her room, giving her girlfriend a peck on the cheeks, while Jennie, looked away, wishing she hadn’t witness the scene in front of her.

 

Mina smiled before asking, “Where are we going?” She saw that Alex’s friends had a back pack with them while she didn’t bring anything with her except her phone and wallet.

 

“We’re going to ride an ATV.” Alex grinned as she felt excited with the thought of riding one. She already tried it before with Jennie, but that was a long time ago.

 

The words replayed on Mina’s head. She wasn’t expecting it at all, and she wasn’t ready. Her outfit definitely wasn’t appropriate, a dress with a shirt underneath and a sandals. Plus, she didn’t bring any extra shirt.

 

Alex chuckled at Mina’s expression, she knew what the other girl was thinking. “Don’t worry, I’ll let you borrow my clothes since I failed to tell you to bring one.”

 

She pushed her girlfriend to her room, telling her to go get change and just pick anything comfortable in her closet. 

 

Alex sat beside Jennie, smiling widely. “Why do you look so grumpy today?” 

 

“I look like this on a daily basis.” Jennie glanced at the girl beside her before bringing back her attention at the television in front of her. 

 

“No you don’t. You look cool and badass everyday, not grumpy. JenJen~ smile for me.” Alex side hugged her best friend, acting cute all of a sudden, something you don’t get to see everyday. 

 

No matter how hard she prevented herself, Jennie ended up smiling, pushing Alex’s face away from her.

 

Alex was going to best friend more but the sound of the doorbell stopped her. “I’ll get it.” She got up to open the door, making Jennie groan. “There’s one more? Don’t tell me you invited the whole class.” 

 

“HI!” The voice of the person made Jennie stand from the couch, shooting a glare to the person. “Why is she here?” She was clearly irritate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter