Chapter 7

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 7

 

Day 3 of modelling and tutoring

 

 

 

 

 

 

The week is coming to an end in a few hours. The 8 days agreement with mina is almost coming to an end too. Alex definitely felt sad, thinking about it. Although she can relax after this day, she had enjoyed her time with mina and she’s afraid that things will go back to how it was before. She somehow wanted to be with mina a little bit longer. 

 

Alex went by Mina’s house to pick her up. It was already quarter to five so they went directly to the rooftop, where they’ll shoot.

 

The lighting and camera is already set and all that’s needed is the sunset as the background.

 

The orange-red, with a tint of blue and white sky, signalled for them to start the shoot.

 

Alex told mina what kind of feel she wanted from her. “I want you to give a lot of emotions while your doing ballet. I’d prefer it if you give off a melancholy vibe, like you want something but you know that you can’t have it. Something like that.” 

 

Mina asked for a minute to get into the character Alex wanted. It was actually easy for her. Mina thought about how the girl in front of her doesn’t like her the way she does. How, even if Alex does like her, her parents wouldn’t be happy about it. She felt hopeless.

 

Every turns she makes and every moves she executes, Alex describes Mina as the epitome of grace. The facial expressions coming from Mina is captured perfectly by the camera. Alex felt as if the dancer is telling her something, something that she doesn’t understand, yet.

 

After a few more shots from different angles, Alex smiled widely, obviously satisfied with the outcome. 

 

“How is it?” Mina took a peek at the camera. Alex showed her the shots she got and told her that she’ll have to look more closely before choosing the best one.

 

“You’re really good. You can be a model, only that you need more height.” She half joked while placing her camera equipment at it’s bag. Alex is a big fan of cameras, she had been collecting different models of it, and lately she’s obsessed with her new film camera.

 

“I’m taller than you!”

 

“Did I say I’m taller?” 

 

“Tch.” Mina pouted before sighing. “So.. are we already done with this?” Now that there’s only three days left, she can’t help but feel down, knowing she won’t be able to spend time much with Alex anymore. She genuinely enjoyed the days she spent with her, and it made her fall deeply with the other girl. 

 

It’s also the same with Alex. For the time she was with Mina, all her problems and stress disappears temporarily. She’s very thankful for the fact that Mina would always be able to make her smile, without having the need of joke. 

And that’s when she knew, and accepted that she likes mina. Knowing that it’ll just make them awkward, she thought of distancing herself from ‘Ms. Perfect’ but it didn’t work since she badly wanted to extend their agreement till forever. 

 

“Yeah. We’re done. Since this is like, the last day for the photo thing, I’ll treat you to dinner!” Before Mina could even talk, Alex quickly added. “Oh.. I forgot you still have classes during Sunday. Maybe next—“

 

“No. I don’t have one today.” Mina cut her off. The latter’s eyes widen after the realisation. She opened without even thinking. It’s as if her heart is gaining power and is trying to take control of her. 

 

“Really? Then let’s go! I know a good place.”

 

It was already quarter to eleven when the two decided to call it a day. Both of them really enjoyed the meal they had, especially the company. Mina opened their front door very carefully, even though she knew that the maids are already at their rooms and her parents are working at their office. 

 

The lights are all dimmed, not a single noise can be heard inside the house.

 

“Where did you go?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter