Chapter 4

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I brought back the name

Day 1 of Tutoring

 

 

 

A soft yawn escaped Alex’s lips as she glance at the wall clock. The time seems so slow for her and she feels like she’ll fall asleep any minute now. 

 

Mina noticed it since she had been observing the other girl through her peripheral view. “You look tired, did you stay up all night?” 

 

Jisoo had asked a favor from Alex. She asked her if she could exchange seats just for the day since Alex’s seat is a perfect spot to sleep without the teacher noticing. Having a hard time saying no to others, she kindly sat at jisoo’s seat, beside Mina.

 

“Not exactly.” Alex answered, eye lids getting heavier.

Mina somehow felt worried. Yes, she knew that Alex is almost always sleepy since she notice that the latter yawns a lot during class discussions but she never slept during class, unlike now, it looks like Alex is having a hard time keeping herself up. “What happened?”

 

“Well, yesterday after you went home, Nayeon called me. She asked me to go on a double blind date with her.” The question somehow snatched the sleepiness out of her as she remembers what happened last night.

 

“You went?” Mina bit her lip, hoping Alex would say no, but quickly dismissing the thought. It shouldn’t concern me wether she goes on a blind date or not.

 

“Yeah, She dragged me.”

 

“So… How did it go?”

 

 Alex shook her head, while smiling. The gesture actually made Mina a bit scared that it went well.

 

Flashback 

 

“Hello?” Alex answered. 

“I’m about to go home.” 

 

“I’ll come at your house right now.” Nayeon said over the phone.

Before Alex could even respond, nayeon already hang up the phone so she had to walk in a fast pace to meet nayeon at her house. 

 

“What’s up?” Alex was already out of breath when she reached the house. Nayeon was leaning at her door, waiting for her,

“I’m going on a blind date.” The older girl grinned.

Alex rolled her eyes. “Again? You never really learn your lesson do you?”

Nayeon pouted, trying to get Alex’s sympathy. “This is just the third time. I want to see how this’ll go, unless you want to date me then I won’t go.”

“Keep it.” 

“Forever rude. Anyway, can you come with me? Please…” She pleaded.

 

“No. Don’t even get me involved in your craziness.” Alex still remembered the last blind date nayeon went to. Her friend told her that he’s a bit of a bad boy but still cute. Nayeon went to their meeting place, having high expectations due to the amount of k dramas she watched with a ton of bad boy hotties. 

But of course, k dramas are only k dramas. You should know that they’re scripted and so it isn’t the same in real life. Just what nayeon should have known before going into such blind date with a bad boy. 

Turns out it really is a bad boy. Full of tattoos, black clothing from top to bottom, piercing on his tongue. And he is cute. His height is a few centimetres shorter than nayeon, and is a bit chubby.

 

“What if he’s a ert? No one will protect me. Please… I’ll buy you food for two days.”

 

“Ok, fine.” Alex would have honestly agreed even without the food thing, it’s just a plus. She wouldn’t risk to let her friend go alone especially that it’s about to get dark.

 

“You’re the best! Let’s go!!” 

 

The guy on the left looked like he’s on his late twenties. He looks tall but the best friends could already sense that he’s on the ert side, just by his eyes. While the other, is bald. His head was very shiny, shinier than that of a diamond. Although he isn’t too old, Alex guessed that he’s around 19 or 20. Definitely not their type. 

 

They sat at the table, feeling uneasy. They would’ve walked out of the cafe only if the guys didn’t recognise them.

“So.. Umm.. Hi?” Nayeon forced a smile while Alex is trying to contain her laughter. She so wanted to laugh at Nayeon already.

“Hi. Nice to meet you. You girls are pretty by the way.” The ‘old’ one said, not forgetting to wink. Alex and Nayeon elbowed each other while faking a laugh. 

 

“Just pick anything you want, it’s on us.” The bald one said, referring to the menu. 

The two girls quickly took the menu and covered their faces, trying to talk to each other. 

 

“Think of a way out.” Nayeon whispered harshly. 

“Why me? You were the one who had gotten us into this.” 

“I’ll do anything you want, just find a way out of this.” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter