Chapter 6

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 6

Day 2 of Tutoring

 

 

 

Alex felt as if she was in a jail without anything with her. The 2 hours long with their grumpy substitute teacher in science is making her drained. 

She wanted to shout out of joy after the subject had finished. She never felt so free in her entire life, well maybe that was too exaggerated.

 

“Thank goodness we only have 2 subjects left. Why is this day so tiring?” Alex just wanted to go home directly and be united with her bed, and live a peaceful life. 

 

Sana flicked her friend’s forehead. “Why are you tired? We haven’t really done anything besides sitting down.” 

 

“You’re joking right?” She rolled her eyes, pouting because sana started giving her a lesson about laziness, something she’s good at.

 

“So how’s it going with mina?” Nayeon suddenly interfered, gaining a look from the two.

 

Alex didn’t really like that Nayeon kept on bringing up mina. She had been on alex’s mind for almost the whole day, and the fact that Mina is sitting in front of her didn’t help. “It’s fine. She’s more fun than I expected.”

 

“No, what I mean is that if she’s showing any signs that she likes you.” She pressed further. Nayeon actually thought that Alex should have a love life instead of crushing on someone who obviously wouldn’t like her.

 

“She isn’t. Stop that stupid theory of yours.” 

 

“It’s not stupid, you’re just too dense to realise.” Nayeon said as a matter of fact. 

 

“I’m not dense. I can feel it if someone like me or not.” 

 

“Fine. We’ll see.” The confidence on nayeon’s voice made Alex think twice but she quickly dismissed it, not wanting to give herself false hope assumptions.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So tomorrow? before sunset?” Alex asked once again to make sure that nothing will go wrong during their shoot the next day. 

Mina nodded and asked what attire should she wear. 

“Something elegant yet casual. As much as possible black or will do. But I prefer black more.” 

 

They were already on their way to Mina’s house for the tutoring. The atmosphere seems bright, both of them looks like they’re on a good mood. Although what nayeon said earlier to alex made her a bit, just a bit, more distant and observant to the moves of Mina. 

 

“Mom.” Mina called as she saw her mom fixing her bag. It looked like she was in a hurry, as usual. Her mom saw Alex and smiled at her, before turning back her attention to her things. “You brought a friend? It’s the first time.” 

 

“This is Alex. Alex, my mom.” She pointed towards her mom, who’s ready to leave the house. 

“Nice to meet you dear. I’ll be off to work now, I’ll see you later.” Her mom bid goodbye and left. 

 

There was a minute of silence before Alex spoke up. “Your mom wasn’t as scary as I thought.” 

Mina just chuckled and shook her head, as they made their way to her room.

 

 

They began their tutoring session right after they settled their things. “I’ve written some words that I think you need to improve. Words that can be used in casual conversations.” Alex knew why the students in her school aren’t learning english. The exams are purely knowledge based and there aren’t much applications. The words used to improve the student’s vocabulary wouldn’t be useful for everyday conversations.

 

Mina took a look at the paper Alex had given her. She read it one by one, making s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter